Tazewell Vs CC

stu_bean

I go to a lot of games...scrimmages and I'm at a game every week from the time that two a days end until the playoffs are over...I sometimes see a couple of games a week if there are thursday-friday-saturday games...rare but it happens.

I have never seen anything like what goes on at a Tazewell game in the stands...the people are all over the coaches for anything that goes wrong...I remember one game was Tazewell at Graham and I was sitting behind a parent...it was the game that Robert Henry went ballistic in the last couple of minutes to win a game that Tazewell had all but won...you should have heard what was being said...one, by the parent to his kid and two by the parent to the coaches...I felt bad for the coaches, and worse for the kid.

not saying it's all the Tazewell fans and parents that do this...but, there always seems to be a few every year...I'm sure some of the other parents know who I'm talking about and see it themselves...they have to, don't see how they couldn't.

The more changes they make in the coaches, the longer its going to take to get things turned around.

Parents of Tazewell are the NUMBER ONE detterant to success on the football field. Either by putting negative thoughts about their own program to their children or "running off" decent coaches. We just collect poor coaching at Graham and no one does a thing. I had a kid come through during the CC era at Graham and it is beyond me what I see now. I thing the assistant coaches outside of DJ collectivly may have 3 yrs between them. That doesn't count the laundry and equipment assistants. Sad!

DING! We have a winner. Tazewell gets rid of good coaches and we keep poor ones. LOL

Edited by YOTD

I go to a lot of games...scrimmages and I'm at a game every week from the time that two a days end until the playoffs are over...I sometimes see a couple of games a week if there are thursday-friday-saturday games...rare but it happens.

I have never seen anything like what goes on at a Tazewell game in the stands...the people are all over the coaches for anything that goes wrong...I remember one game was Tazewell at Graham and I was sitting behind a parent...it was the game that Robert Henry went ballistic in the last couple of minutes to win a game that Tazewell had all but won...you should have heard what was being said...one, by the parent to his kid and two by the parent to the coaches...I felt bad for the coaches, and worse for the kid.

not saying it's all the Tazewell fans and parents that do this...but, there always seems to be a few every year...I'm sure some of the other parents know who I'm talking about and see it themselves...they have to, don't see how they couldn't.

The more changes they make in the coaches, the longer its going to take to get things turned around.

Amen to this post!!! Saying it like it is.I sure wish it would change at Tazewell.

Guest old_school

We all know the best coaches in any sport are the ones sitting in the stands!

I listened to it all day today at the VT Game, fussing and complaining about the coaching. I hear it no matter what game it is, little league, middle school, high school, college.

Tazewell is just extremely young, extremely weak and sadly not very good. Some players are hurt like: Grubb, Scarberry, Roberts, Turner and the back up QB.

There are some good parents at Tazewell, I know alot of them but there are others that try to run everything no matter what sport it is. Thank you Lou Peery for not letting it happen to your baseball team.

If and this is a big if, the administration lets Coach Smith run the program without listening to parents that never played a down of football in their lives, he will make it better. I've been around him from day one supporting him and he has good ideas.

I can only hope as a Tazewell parent and fan that they give him a chance.

I would say that is why Mance is successful at Richlands he dosen't care who you are or how much money you have. He looks at it in the right way who can win this game for us.

they would run Mance out of Tazewell if given the chance...

Guest old_school
they would run Mance out of Tazewell if given the chance...

Sadly, you are right

I remember a couple years ago Tazewell was at Honaker and the dawgs were winning the game by over 20 points with just a few minutes left to go in the game. Tazewell puts in their 2nd/3rd string players and Honaker breaks a TD run. Most of the Tazewell fans were going crazy like Tazewell had just blown the game. In fact even before that TD run when they were still up by like 24 points, anytime Honaker made a good play or the refs made a call that didn't go Tazewell's way, the fans still showed themselves. Some of the worst fans I have seen.

I remember a couple years ago Tazewell was at Honaker and the dawgs were winning the game by over 20 points with just a few minutes left to go in the game. Tazewell puts in their 2nd/3rd string players and Honaker breaks a TD run. Most of the Tazewell fans were going crazy like Tazewell had just blown the game. In fact even before that TD run when they were still up by like 24 points, anytime Honaker made a good play or the refs made a call that didn't go Tazewell's way, the fans still showed themselves. Some of the worst fans I have seen.

I was at that game and I will agree to the point of what you say a bit. However it wasn't that bad. Yes we do get involved in the game and we have seen many games blown in the final minutes as well. We have a lot of good fans and some not so great ones like anywhere, well probably a few more. You will be able to see who the real fans are as the season moves on. We will show up every game regardless of what we think will happen. Harris Hart was run off for the exact reason everbody has been posting. Bobby Wyatt didn't care who you were, you had to earn your spot. There was other problems with him however. Smith is already trying to get the community involved and facilities improved. I don't know how he will react to parent pressure, time will tell.

I just hope that Graham & Tazewell both can get back to where they use to be. Being a Blues fan, I of course want Richlands to beat both teams. I think everyone ( especially the SWD fans ) knows how the teams and fans feel about each other. But I don't like seeing whats happening to both programs.

The fans and kids deserve better ! Having 3 very good Tazewell co programs help the whole SWVA area in terms of quality of football and how we look to the rest of the state as far as being competitive goes.

The SWD use to be very respected for the quality, quantity, and toughness of it football teams. Right now I think it's looked at more like a one horse show.

I hope that Tazewell fans will give the new coach enough time and what he needs to turn things around and that coach Smith with stay long enough to do so.

We wanted to beat coach Carlock and Graham over the years, but we also respected what he and everyone involed had built. I just hope that whatever it is that the Graham program needs ( from reading the posts from several Graham fans I think we know what that is ! ) they get, and I hope it happens soon for them.

Both teams have large fan bases with passionate fans who deserve better then what they have had lately.

A good coach can go a long way in building a program, but it takes the coaches and the whole community working together to take it to another level.

I was at that game and I will agree to the point of what you say a bit. However it wasn't that bad. Yes we do get involved in the game and we have seen many games blown in the final minutes as well. We have a lot of good fans and some not so great ones like anywhere, well probably a few more. You will be able to see who the real fans are as the season moves on. We will show up every game regardless of what we think will happen. Harris Hart was run off for the exact reason everbody has been posting. Bobby Wyatt didn't care who you were, you had to earn your spot. There was other problems with him however. Smith is already trying to get the community involved and facilities improved. I don't know how he will react to parent pressure, time will tell.

I remember after one call from the refs, our announcer pretty much told Tazewell's fans to calm down. Funny stuff :D Of course I guess anyone's fans can get outta hand sometimes. I remember a state quarterfinal basketball game at Castlewood a few years back against Radford where Honaker's fans were just downright embarrassing...

I remember after one call from the refs, our announcer pretty much told Tazewell's fans to calm down. Funny stuff :D Of course I guess anyone's fans can get outta hand sometimes. I remember a state quarterfinal basketball game at Castlewood a few years back against Radford where Honaker's fans were just downright embarrassing...

I think we all have had a game like that in our lives at some point