From the Roanoke Times sports mailbag...

GMan

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/etc/wb/260736

Hokie fan ready to say goodbye to Stinespring

The time has come. Bryan Stinespring must go.

Hokie fans need to band together and run TV commercials, put up billboard messages to the Virginia Tech administration and protest in numbers in Roanoke and on campus. I'm willing to lead this charge. I love coach Frank Beamer but his loyalty is heinous. If he cannot rid the team of the stink, then he needs to go as well. Promote Bud Foster.

Anyone who has listened to Stinespring speak publicly knows that he sounds bad. No wonder he cannot be successful as the captain of a complex offensive machine.

He constantly blames the players for losses, rather than taking blame along with them. His lack of intelligent discussion and dissection post-game is incredible. My 18-year-old daughter would destroy him in a debate.

However, the biggest problem is he cannot make logical situational decisions. I have former players willing to back me up. If you have any common sense, you know this to be true.

If there are any other Hokie fans with initiative and motivation to help snowball this thing, e-mail me at westvintondave@yahoo.com.

David Benner

Goodview

I thought it was telling that Jim Weaver called out the O-Line Coach by name at the start of the radio broadcast. Has the goat been chosen. One thing is clear, the O-linemen don't seem to progress throughout their careers like other position players.

Now clearly O-linemen take more time to develop, but come on when you have a guy who has played since his freshman year, mostly as a starter, and he has not developed into a stellar player then something is amiss.

I thought it was telling that Jim Weaver called out the O-Line Coach by name at the start of the radio broadcast. Has the goat been chosen. One thing is clear, the O-linemen don't seem to progress throughout their careers like other position players.

That's what will happen, Newsome will be let go at the end of the season and this will buy Stinespring a few more years with the "transitioning period". By then, Beamer will be in "retirement mode" and his successor will have the "green light" to cut the thread...

...............and this will buy Stinespring a few more years with the "transitioning period". By then, Beamer will be in "retirement mode" ............

So, by your post, 3-5 more years with Steinspring? Just in time for Foster to move on to a head position, and just let Steinspring take the promotion to Head. Either way, "a few more years"?

So, by your post, 3-5 more years with Steinspring? Just in time for Foster to move on to a head position, and just let Steinspring take the promotion to Head. Either way, "a few more years"?

Foster's not going anywhere...