Grundy / Haysi

redtiger

Grundy 31 Haysi 15

First off it was a good game, both teams played hard and had their moments. Dakota Stanley didnt play tonight(injured ankle) and that made a huge difference, he is Haysi's best and most dependable reciever(which means a ton to a team that passes alot). Haysi made some costly mistakes while trying to force the ball to Newberry(only other major recieving threat) that really cost them the game (2 INTs in the endzone). The tigers looked solid but had a hard time running the ball. Grundy wasnt overly impressive but were very solid, #21 for Grundy is really quick and had a very good game, he did get hurt/banged up near the end of the game(didnt seem to be injured).

Game was alot closer than what I was expecting, even with it being 16 point game I figured it would be 20 or more. According to redtiger the game was even closer than what the scoreboard said if Haysi thru 2 ints in the redzone (I wasan't there.) Must have been either two things, 1 Grundy played flat tonight and was looking more toward district play or 2 Haysi is alot better than what people gave them credit.

I hope that Tyler B. is okay for Grundy and nothing serious.

Grundy wasnt flat but wasnt really up either, the Tigers are comming along and look better every week. #21 didnt seem to be hurt bad, at first I thought maybe he got the breath knocked out of him but it lasted the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game. The Grundy staff didnt take him out of the game. He was in on offense, punt team and defense. That seemed kinda dumb to me, he acted like he wanted to come out.

Im not trying to insult Grundy but I really dont think they will finish any higher than 3rd in the SWD. Maybe lower than that, just judging by what I saw tonight.

Grundy came out and got control of the game from the start and never looked back...they didn't press to score at all and seemed to be content with just running the clock....they had several costly penalties that took away big runs by berglowe...one was 25+ which ended up being called back for holding...that was a 35 yard swing. Grundy just didn't really seem very up for this game...kinda like they were just going through the motions to get it done...but make no mistake about it, they were in total control of this game from the start to the finish...there was zero threat at any time of Haysi winning this game. The score was closer than I thought it would be...Haysi played a good game and had some big plays.

Grundy didn't play up on offense to the level they can play...Kelly was throwing the ball long all night, which is better than throwing it short...but, he just never got in sync like he has been in the other games this year. Hey, if your off nights are like this though, it's a good year.

The Wave will have to take this off week and focus on the basics again, they do not want to come out flat against Marion...but...4-0 is good for now...one game at a time.

Good job to both teams and hope the injuries were nothing bad...was a good game to watch and the weather was perfect.

pics up in a few.

I really dont know how you can say "zero threat of Haysi winning" when the Tigers drove inside the 20 and turned the ball over twice in the endzone. If my math is correct 2 tds = 12 points (not counting xps or 2 pt conversions) 15 + 12 = 27, I would say the potential of the score being 31 - 27 would be the threat of losing add to that the possibility of 4 more points by 2pt conversion and were talking a tie game. Im not POed or anything just dont understand that comment, I would if it were Falcnman or Southbound sure but come on Lance "zero threat" ?

Oh and if you hear anything about Berglowe please post, hope the kid didnt get hurt

Glad to hear he isint hurt, good player. Showed some real toughness for a small back, running between the tackles with no lead blocker isint commonly done with a guy his size. It speaks volumes for what kind of player he is

oh yeah if Grundy was in the BDD this year they would win it, no doubt about it.

yea im pretty sure no team in the BDD can hold a candle to 'em. im rather excited to see them play richlands. i dont think it's gonna be the blowout we've seen in past match ups between the tornadoes and the wave.

I would say haysi held a candle to them. Grundy really didnt win by that much and were in no way dominant over Haysi, yes they would win the BDD but they wouldnt run away with the district. Honaker is no pushover. Im not trying to compaer the SWD and the BDD, there is no comaprison, the SWD has 4 teams that would probably win the BDD. But other than Richlands I dont think any of those teams would win the BDD easily

Edited by redtiger

I really dont know how you can say "zero threat of Haysi winning" when the Tigers drove inside the 20 and turned the ball over twice in the endzone. If my math is correct 2 tds = 12 points (not counting xps or 2 pt conversions) 15 + 12 = 27, I would say the potential of the score being 31 - 27 would be the threat of losing add to that the possibility of 4 more points by 2pt conversion and were talking a tie game. Im not POed or anything just dont understand that comment, I would if it were Falcnman or Southbound sure but come on Lance "zero threat" ?

Oh and if you hear anything about Berglowe please post, hope the kid didnt get hurt

Berglowe is fine as the other guy said.

At no point in time during this game was I worried that Haysi might come close to even a tie...they scored the last TD on blown coverage and a huge 4th down pass later in the game to get to 15 points. Our guy went for his second INT and let the WR get behind him, that's a huge mistake but you look good if you get the pick...that was also a heck of a catch by the kid from Haysi...I was on the other end of the field and took a pic but it was blurry...you could see he caught it with one hand though, or scooped it in with one hand anyway...but it was a very nice catch. If not for that one play on 4th it would have been 31-8...you guys got the onside kick and went 4 and out.

The only real threat you had was the QB and he looked great...kid is fast and not afraid to take off with the ball...by doing that you forced Compton to call off the dogs for a little while and kept the Wave LB's honest...but, by doing that and the pressure off with no blitz we gave the kid too much time and he was picking us apart so Compton got after him again and we shut you guys down...the big run the QB had is what set all that up for you because it made Grundy back off the pressure and play safe....which is also what ate up a lot of the clock in the second half....I've seen Grundy play week in and week out for years...I know what the deal is...trust me they were on cruise control for almost the entire second half...they were happy to just run the clock and didn't worry about scoring...if you need any other proof then ask yourself when the last time you saw Greg Rowe kick a FG inside the 20 on 4th and short? It just doesn't happen. Look at the way the first half ended...Grundy down in that same area and they go for the TD, 9 out of 10 other coaches and fans would have probably just kicked the FG and taken the points in to the locker room...Grundy...we are going for the TD...balls to the wall.

So, no disrespect at all...Haysi played a good game...they have some very talented kids and gave Grundy some fits here and there...but I didn't see the threat at all and was never at a point where I thought, "man we might lose this game"...didn't happen.

here is a pic of the catch the kid made...blurry, but you can see the ball and one hand out...and you can see our guy up in the air going for the INT...wish I could have gotten a better pic of it...was a sweet catch....you can also see #6 from Grundy put the QB on the turf...almost had a nice sack for a loss on that one....game of inches as they say.

missedint.jpg

We obviously saw the game differently.

I was suprised to see Grundy kick the FG.

As far as the TD on blown coverage, Grundy had one of those to (long post pattern QB rolled right threw left, kid did make a nice move to score though).

Grundy is obviously the better team, I just dont think by alot

We obviously saw the game differently.

I was suprised to see Grundy kick the FG.

As far as the TD on blown coverage, Grundy had one of those to (long post pattern QB rolled right threw left, kid did make a nice move to score though).

Grundy is obviously the better team, I just dont think by alot

of course we see things differently...I see blown coverage and a missed INT and you see a great catch...same play, different perspective...it's all good.

I think Grundy has scored on that play you are talking about at least once a week...we run it a lot. It was there all night, but the QB was throwing a little long last night for some reason? He's normally on the money.

You want to talk about blown coverage, you guys got lucky on the play before the FG...Grundy had Ben Rife out wide in that same area all alone...no one covered him at all and the QB didn't see it...would have been pitch and catch for a TD...we had a run play called and he never looked out there to check the coverage....your coaches were screaming for someone to get over there and no one ever did. You don't want to leave Ben Rife uncovered...kid doesn't drop many thrown his way.

We did have a couple of locky catches that should have been INTs, we also had a couple of INTs that should have never been thrown.

Grundys kicker looked good, plenty of leg and none of his kicks were in any danger of missing. He also was really killing the kickoffs, all were inside the 5 or in the endzone

Me too... I even mentioned it to AXM. Is that our 1st FG since Dillon played?

I think so...I dont remember Tigh ever kicking a FG do you? I used to say that Tigh put the EXcitement in EXtra points lol...never knew where it was going to end up lol.

I think so...I dont remember Tigh ever kicking a FG do you? I used to say that Tigh put the EXcitement in EXtra points lol...never knew where it was going to end up lol.

lol thats too true, but the kicker we've got now has a pretty decent leg on him. And i was screaming at row to kick the field goal at the end of the half, i mean, come on, 4th down with just a few seconds left? But then a nice little td pass to end it. Made me happy and shut up in one play.

It was a pretty good game, a few good hits on defense, #11, I think, laid a few good hits, o-line is pretty decent, good qb, 1-2 decent wr's. Grundy has a better team this year than in the last 4-5, got some good hopes for them. And haysi is not as bad as some people say, they didnt quit, pretty physical imo. Just a good game to watch.

Got to see a few friends from both sides lol.

Though bull just about took a header from the stands early in the game.

And i was screaming at row to kick the field goal at the end of the half, i mean, come on, 4th down with just a few seconds left? But then a nice little td pass to end it. Made me happy and shut up in one play.

Oh, that was you. Thank goodness CP wasn't listening to it.