What we've learned so far . . .

Big Orange 1

Today in college football.

1. Texas will not be in NC game this year.

2. VT's DEFENSE seems to be on track again.

3. Games are not played on paper(thank GOD, if you're a Tenn. fan such as myself and a few others on here.)

4. It's late in the 2nd quarter, but it appears South Carolina is for real.

5. You can't . . . . .Ok, I can't watch a Boise State home game in HD. (The smurf turf is absolutely freakin ridiculous.) No wonder no one wants to go there and play.

6. Uh, Oh Cam Newton (Auburn) is taking over, we may have to void #4.

7. Go to number 8, it's my favorite.

8. Notre Dame STILL SUCKS !!!!! 1-3.

3. Games are not played on paper(thank GOD, if you're a Tenn. fan such as myself and a few others on here.)

5. You can't . . . . .Ok, I can't watch a Boise State home game in HD. (The smurf turf is absolutely freakin ridiculous.) No wonder no one wants to go there and play.

Where did they get that blue field idea from? Alabama barely won today, wonder if Ohio State could beat Bama? Va Tech could still win their conference ,but Miami will be a toughie.

1. Thank goodness!

2. A poor offense will make a young defense look good. 19 points against BC is still poor.

3. Very, very true (though UVA covered by .5 point this week).

4. As I said on the chat box!

5. That turf is an eyesore, especially for opposing teams. Patently unfair, as the NCAA no longer allows teams to install colored turf.

6. USC-East will still win.

8. If they went 0-12 for the rest of eternity, I would be happy.

Edited by UVAObserver

Addendum to #2...

Bud's defense saves the ineptness of Stinespring's offense once again. BC had 247 yards vs. Bud's D in the first half...he made adjustments and held them to 24 yards in the second half...created two turnovers to give the O great field position and they only got FGs out of them...also KO'd the BC QB in the 2nd half. One thing I promise...anytime you give up 0 points, you'll win...

BTW, VT's O had over 200 yards of O in the first half...Stinespring failed to make any adjustments, as usual, and VT barely had over 100 in the second half.

In Bud we trust...

arkansas looked like a for real team. mallett is a great QB, but made some very ignorant decisions with the ball or they probably would have beat alabama

He threw some BAD interceptions...two of them he should never have even thrown the ball...

Well, in the same way that Butler made the NCAA finals this year, I think Boise State may find themselves in the final against a historically great team (Alabama). They deserve it after the work they've put in over these past couple of seasons. And the Boise State fans deserve a devastating loss, just like the rest of us have endured. So my prediction: Alabama wins a tough game against a tough Boise State team in the National Championship. I mean, come on. Is OSU going to win out? Yeah, I don't think so either...

Well, in the same way that Butler made the NCAA finals this year, I think Boise State may find themselves in the final against a historically great team (Alabama). They deserve it after the work they've put in over these past couple of seasons. And the Boise State fans deserve a devastating loss, just like the rest of us have endured. So my prediction: Alabama wins a tough game against a tough Boise State team in the National Championship. I mean, come on. Is OSU going to win out? Yeah, I don't think so either...

Its not OSU winning out....its Oregon. They are impressive.

What if this happens...Bama 13-0 Boise 12-0 TCU 12-0 Oregon 12-0 Ohio St 12-0 and maybe even Nebraska 13-0. Then what do we do?

Edited by Ryan4VT

1. Thank goodness!

2. A poor offense will make a young defense look good. 19 points against BC is still poor.

3. Very, very true (though UVA covered by .5 point this week).

4. As I said on the chat box!

5. That turf is an eyesore, especially for opposing teams. Patently unfair, as the NCAA no longer allows teams to install colored turf.

6. USC-East will still win.

8. If they went 0-12 for the rest of eternity, I would be happy.

I read somewhere that in order to raise the profile of their program, I believe it's Eastern Washington is installing red turf.