Best Division 3 teams in Region 3 and 4

salemfootball

No particular order

Cave Spring

still talented and capable but lost to Allegheny and Northside, but they do have talented players , defense needs to toughen up in big games .

Richlands

My pick for region 4 has really not had a huge test yet I think they know their big games are later but must not overlook Cave Spring

Allegheny

beat Cave Spring in overtime , still a lot of work to do and this was a big win for the program as they had been beating up on softies .

Northside

big and physical , not quite as speedy as last year but their quarterback will throw , weel coached team . Could make another run .

Liberty

Liberty is a very good team their test will be next week against Brookville

Brookville

Same as Liberty no test yet they play each other this week .

No particular order

Cave Spring

still talented and capable but lost to Allegheny and Northside, but they do have talented players , defense needs to toughen up in big games .

Richlands

My pick for region 4 has really not had a huge test yet I think they know their big games are later but must not overlook Cave Spring

Allegheny

beat Cave Spring in overtime , still a lot of work to do and this was a big win for the program as they had been beating up on softies .

Northside

big and physical , not quite as speedy as last year but their quarterback will throw , weel coached team . Could make another run .

Liberty

Liberty is a very good team their test will be next week against Brookville

Brookville

Same as Liberty no test yet they play each other this week .

I'd say you have it about right ! That game next week with Liberty & Brookville will be a great game !

Like I said in another thread, the playoffs in D3 are going to be great this year

Agree and don't forget about northside and alleghany in 2 weeks dose anyone know anything about wilson memorial did not see this weeks score but if they won they are 4 and 0 they play in the southern valley stuarts draft r.e. lee rockbridge co. Some of the teams in their dist

Warren co. From front royal is 4 an 0 in region 2 and bruton in region 1 I think they are also 4 an 0. If you look at region 4 grundy marion and the blues but sombody else has to make it who will it be

If you look at region 4 grundy marion and the blues but sombody else has to make it who will it be

Three other teams will make it...Region IV went to a six team regional playoff last year...and don't forget about Cave Springs...and likely two teams from the Piedmont (Patrick Co., Tunstall, Martinsville). At this point, you can probably count out Graham and Tazewell...

Three other teams will make it...Region IV went to a six team regional playoff last year...and don't forget about Cave Springs...and likely two teams from the Piedmont (Patrick Co., Tunstall, Martinsville). At this point, you can probably count out Graham and Tazewell...

Magna Vista is the only one from the Piedmont with a winning record and they are D4.

Aug. 27 @ Heritage Lynchburg W, 41-7

Sep. 3 Morehead (NC) W 44-14

Sep. 10 William Flemming W, 32-14

Sep. 17 @ Franklin County L, 26-34

Sep. 24 William Campbell W 26-8

Oct. 1 @ Halifax County

Oct. 8 @ Martinsville

Oct. 15 Tunstall

Oct. 22 @ Patrick County

Oct. 29 OPEN

Nov. 5 Bassett

Nov. 12 OPEN

Patrick County (0-5)

Aug. 27 North Stokes (NC) L, 21-26

Sep. 3 @ Carroll County L 19-47

Sep. 10 @ Floyd County L, 19-48

Sep. 17 @ Staunton River L, 12-58

Sep. 24 Lord Botetourt L, 7-34

Oct. 1 @ William Byrd

Oct. 8 @ Tunstall

Oct. 15 OPEN

Oct. 22 Magna Vista

Oct. 29 @ Bassett

Nov. 5 Martinsville

Nov. 12 OPEN

Tunstall (2-3)

Aug. 27 @ Dan River L, 7-21

Sep. 3 @ Rustburg L 18-21

Sep. 10 @ Chatham W, 28-18

Sep. 17 Gretna L, 0-50

Sep. 24 Bluestone W 41-0

Oct. 1 Staunton River

Oct. 8 Patrick County

Oct. 15 @ Magna Vista

Oct. 22 Bassett

Oct. 29 @ Martinsville

Nov. 5 OPEN

Nov. 12 OPEN

Martinsville (2-3)

Aug. 27 Brookville L, 13-55

Sep. 3 @ Heritage Lynchburg L, 12-49

Sep. 10 @ Morehead (NC) W, 37-7

Sep. 17 Liberty Bedford L, 6-27

Sep. 24 Halifax County W 21-14

Oct. 1 @ Franklin County

Oct. 8 Magna Vista

Oct. 15 @ Bassett

Oct. 22 OPEN

Oct. 29 Tunstall

Nov. 5 @ Patrick County

Nov. 12 OPEN

Will be a lot of losing records in the D3 R IV playoffs this year.

Agree and don't forget about northside and alleghany in 2 weeks dose anyone know anything about wilson memorial did not see this weeks score but if they won they are 4 and 0 they play in the southern valley stuarts draft r.e. lee rockbridge co. Some of the teams in their dist

I really think Northside will be too physical for Allegheny but I also thought Cave Spring would beat Allegheny fairly easily .

They lost.

Aug.27 OPEN

Sept.3 Stonewall Jackson W, 42-7

Sept.10 @ Page County W, 42-13

Sept. 17 Buffalo Gap W, 35-0

Sept. 24 @ Riverheads L 7-13

Oct. 1 @ Luray

Oct. 8 Waynesboro

Oct. 15 Rockbridge County

Oct. 22 Stuarts Draft

Oct.29 @ Fort Defiance

Nov.5 @ Robert E. Lee

Thanks did not have the final on the rivershead thought they won it was 7 6. So rig 4 6 teams. Richlands marion grundy cave spring it depends but I would say martinsville on points they beat a div 5 team in halifax co so that's 5 tunstall at this point would be num 6

Thanks did not have the final on the rivershead thought they won it was 7 6. So rig 4 6 teams. Richlands marion grundy cave spring it depends but I would say martinsville on points they beat a div 5 team in halifax co so that's 5 tunstall at this point would be num 6

These numbers are pretty close to how Region IV stands right now...

D4:

Salem 27.0

Christiansburg 23.0

Magna Vista 20.6

Bassett 17.6

Carroll County 16.8

Blacksburg 15.0

Abingdon 14.0

Hidden Valley 12.25

X-Pulaski County 18.25

D3:

Richlands 22.0

Grundy 21.0

Cave Spring 20.2

Martinsville 16.4

Marion 15.0

Tunstall 11.8

Graham 10.25

Patrick County 9.2

Tazewell 8.2

Official numbers should come out this week...maybe???