Gate City at Bluefield,WV

LegendatLegion

From where I sat, it was strength and quickness mashing pure strength. I don't have a dog in the fight, but that was what I saw.

On an unrelated point, the coolest thing I saw all night was the guy in the kilt for Homecoming.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, but earlier in the week when you thought you all were going to just roll into Bluefield and walk out with a win, you all said you were a much better team now than you were when you played Richlands...what changed????

bhs7695 asked me at the game what excuse you all would have...well, there it is...

Maybe it was the opponent that caused you to look that bad...

You did not see me say we would roll into Bluefield and walk out with a win. I never get on these boards saying we will roll into anywhere and come away with an easy win. I did say somewhere if we played mistake free and to the ability that we can we could win the game but it would not be easy. That was the worst coached and played game I have seen us play since the horrible 2005 season. There was just no fire at all under our Offense last night. Bluefield to me is without a doubt the 3rd best team we have played this year. They are very similar to Sullivan South but South had more team speed and our O did just fine with them because they actually showed up. Not only that but our play calling was a ton better in that game. You cant call the same 3 plays over and over untill the last 4 or so minutes and expect to win against a good team like Bluefield. Also I have said we have been playing better since Richlands but that was definately not the case last night. We could play Richlands 10 times and play to the best of our abillity but we would still lose all 10. Richlands is by far the best team we have faced all year and could beat any team in our area by no less than 4 tds. We just walked into a hornets nest last night I did not play to the best of our ability. Same thing that happened to Bluefield last year at our place. Teams always seem to play well on Homecoming. I hope like Bluefield did last year when we beat them in almost similar fashion this loss wakes our team up and shows them they need to give it 110% every game no matter what.

Also can someone tell me why we were using a new punter last night? When Bluefield blocked the punt that set the tone for the game from there on out. I may be wrong but I thought Clark was our starting punter? The one we had last night just got thrown into a buzzsaw. Anyways we have Battle next and if we play them like we played last night you can chalk up another Loss.

Good Luck from here on out Bluefield!

But, but earlier in the week when you thought you all were going to just roll into Bluefield and walk out with a win, you all said you were a much better team now than you were when you played Richlands...what changed????

bhs7695 asked me at the game what excuse you all would have...well, there it is...

I hate to keep fueling the fire on this, but I do sense a very subtle disrespect for what Bluefield did. It seems the GC folks blame the loss on coaching, poor play, play calling, etc. Oh,and lots of back-handed compliments, noting that other teams (Richlands, for one) could have scored more on GC than Bluefield did. As you note, Bluefield has some seriously good defensive linemen. Not often you have several 250,260+ pound guys who are big and FAST like that. Maybe the inability to block them had to do with their skill, not that GC wasn't trying?

I wasn't at the game. I can't say for sure. To me, it sounds like Bluefield won because they're the better team, not because of anything GC did or did not do.

Oh, also, I'm guessing there weren't many train horn sounds last night? LOL

Edited by BeaverHokie

Maybe Richlands was having an "off night" when they lead Gate City 3-0 at halftime. Last night was 7-0 Bluefield at halftime. Maybe Bluefield wasn't playing their best either in the first half. But, but, but.....

Oh, and don't forget, Bluefield did have a TD called back on a holding penalty on their first possession after their first TD...they also failed to score on that drive after the penalty...

Also can someone tell me why we were using a new punter last night? When Bluefield blocked the punt that set the tone for the game from there on out.

I wouldn't blame the punter for the block...no one for GC blocked EITHER end for Bluefield for most of the night in punting situations. Hard to get a good punt off when you have two unblocked players barreling down on you...

"There isn't a better coaching staff in this region or the state of WV than the guys running Beaver Nation."

Bluefield and Richlands - Totally agree! Not even close.

Consistently two of the best teams in the area. NO DOUBT, that the coaching staffs' of both schools, Richlands and Bluefield, are TOP NOTCH.

Life has many choices---eternity two

I just wanted to thank all Bluefield fans for allowing Gate City the honor of getting beat by Bluefield. Maybe one these days will be able to compete with you guys. Oh, I almost forgot we got lucky and beat you guys last year! Also earlier in the week it was Bluefield fans giving excuses why you lost last year so there you go.

Also earlier in the week it was Bluefield fans giving excuses why you lost last year so there you go.

Fact is, Gate City was at 100% and playing their best ball of the season coming into this game...last year, Bluefield was not...

I just wanted to thank all Bluefield fans for allowing Gate City the honor of getting beat by Bluefield. Maybe one these days will be able to compete with you guys. Oh, I almost forgot we got lucky and beat you guys last year! Also earlier in the week it was Bluefield fans giving excuses why you lost last year so there you go.

Your welcome!!!!

Guest StoneyCalhoun
I am very happy!! I would think 95% of the Beaver nation would be. While I do agree that we would put up a crazy amount of points, I'll still take 21-0 over any team. We still have some work to do on offense but as far as the State Championship comment is concerned, I will only direct you to 2009. Not a tremendous amount of passing but a whole lot of running and special teams. I have stepped back, you might want to do the same. This is a team game!!

You make my point so many times here!

In 2009, we were outmanned. We had less talent than Magnolia, but we won on big plays from special players. We really have not had that as much last year. I do not think we have had a defensive or special teams TD at all. Another reason to try and pass.

A team game? Of course. If there is a way to win, do it. Let Edwards and Levi split the snaps, one game we will have to score quickly, and that will be through the air. We have to be multi-dimensional.

Step back? Why? I have done nothing but proved that we need to open up the offense a little and make some changes. Levi has not thrown the ball well this year, and we have someone that can. Both are great athletes and need to be on the field AT ALL TIMES. I am even voting for having them both in the backfield and having direct snaps to both! I have not discredited either and I won't. But the fact that Bluefieldcan not throw the ball, without Levi running routes and Edwards throwing, is as obvious as the stain on Monica's blue dress.

You make my point so many times here!

In 2009, we were outmanned. We had less talent than Magnolia, but we won on big plays from special players. We really have not had that as much last year. I do not think we have had a defensive or special teams TD at all. Another reason to try and pass.

A team game? Of course. If there is a way to win, do it. Let Edwards and Levi split the snaps, one game we will have to score quickly, and that will be through the air. We have to be multi-dimensional.

Step back? Why? I have done nothing but proved that we need to open up the offense a little and make some changes. Levi has not thrown the ball well this year, and we have someone that can. Both are great athletes and need to be on the field AT ALL TIMES. I am even voting for having them both in the backfield and having direct snaps to both! I have not discredited either and I won't. But the fact that Bluefieldcan not throw the ball, without Levi running routes and Edwards throwing, is as obvious as the stain on Monica's blue dress.

OK! You are entitled to your opinion as am I. Neither one of us coach. Freddy has done a great job and I don't think he needs any more assistants. Last time I watched and that was last night, Levi and Dj are on the field at the same time. Just not in your particular formation.

Everyone can agree that Bluefield needs to improve offensively. Only putting up 17 points against Princeton (when every other opponent not named Graham has put up 40+) should tell you something. Quit the arguing and open your eyes, you pansies.

Everyone can agree that Bluefield needs to improve offensively. Only putting up 17 points against Princeton (when every other opponent not named Graham has put up 40+) should tell you something. Quit the arguing and open your eyes, you pansies.

yea yea. just talking. no need for name calling. LOL.

Fact is, Gate City was at 100% and playing their best ball of the season coming into this game...last year, Bluefield was not...

Fact is, you all won one and we won one!! Fact is, Bluefield dominated the game Friday night and I never gave any excuses for the loss!

I wouldn't blame the punter for the block...no one for GC blocked EITHER end for Bluefield for most of the night in punting situations. Hard to get a good punt off when you have two unblocked players barreling down on you...

Was not blaming him for the block. He was sure rattled after the block though.

To Bluefield fans.

I am sorry for the wording of my posts to look like backhanded compliments. Sometimes I am just plain stupid. As for the game it was a mirror image of last years game with the home team winning. I think both teams know how to defend their homes. Great game and we will see you guys at Legion next year!:)

Maybe it's time to head on back over to the CMD board. There, all the Gate City fans can thump their chest without interruption. If someone dares to have a different opinion there, the buzzards swoop in. Actually, it's just a Gate City board that a very few other CMD fans visit to get browbeat. But, you can have a lotta fun with'em if you're thick skinned enough that the buzzards don't bother you.

Maybe it's time to head on back over to the CMD board. There, all the Gate City fans can thump their chest without interruption. If someone dares to have a different opinion there, the buzzards swoop in. Actually, it's just a Gate City board that a very few other CMD fans visit to get browbeat. But, you can have a lotta fun with'em if you're thick skinned enough that the buzzards don't bother you.

Recruit other cmd fans to the board and even things out a little.:D