New Tazewell logo

BigD4VT

I think people should quit changing things period!! Leave the helmets the way they were....quit messing with tradition, it's bad Karma....

Idk about that. Richlands recent success almost mirriors the point when we switched to the Lightning R if I remember correctly.

gold pants with two white and one green stripes down the side and green jerseys with white numbers with gold trim and then the white jersey with green numbers with gold trim and had paw prints on the sleeves. Still have mine in my closet.

So you'll be wearing gold pants when you come out of the closet?

I gotta admit Parsons hit a home run with this one. Bulldog 52 has himself to blame; got set up on his home turf. I personally will do a U turn and head the other way when Bulldog52 comes sashaying shirtless down Main Street in those Golden silks ala Freddy Mercury.

What does it matter what you wear? I remember that Appalachia wore and wears plain ole jerseys with plain blue helmets. Back in the days when Tom Turner was at Appalachia, they would kick the living crap right out of you. Doesn't matter what you wear, just how you play.

Depends on how you look at it, Appy wore those uniforms(plain helmets, tear away jerseys and pants w/ no logos or stripes) as an outward expression of their style and approach to football, plain and tough. It worked for them, but lot of things that worked for Tom Turner dont work for everyone. If new "flashy"" uniforms help to get the kids/school/community excited about their team then im all for it.

I like the approach that what we wear and where we play reflect our teams approach to football. When I played we didnt have flags up at the field, outside of lines and numbers nothing was painted on the field, the fieldhouse was just plain white walls, the only decoration was a poster of a man/tiger standing over a defeated football player(who was colored green) and a sign that said "play like champions". Oh and the numerous BDD title plaques. We didnt expect fancy things, we didnt even expect our fans to cheer, we were just there to play football, period. Win the BDD and beat Clintwood, that was it.

What does it matter what you wear? I remember that Appalachia wore and wears plain ole jerseys with plain blue helmets. Back in the days when Tom Turner was at Appalachia, they would kick the living crap right out of you. Doesn't matter what you wear, just how you play.

Isn't this the truth!