Small guys in the NFL

redtiger

A week or two ago someone mentioned that some NFL teams may be looking at Caleb Jennings. Im wathing the Pats/ Fins game and New Englands starting RB is Danny Woodhead. Never heard of him? Neither had I, the guy is listed at 5'9" 200lbs (I would say hes more like 5' 7" 180lbs) form Division II Chadron State. He has a page on Wikipedia if you want to look it up. No one was interested in him comming out of high school so he went to a local college and absolutely tore it up(numerious records as well as being 2 time winner of D2s Heisman). It just reminded me alot of Jennings, maybe the kid can make it(if he wants to go down that path)

Just thought some of you Richlands guys might be interested (I was). Just shows the kids at home what hard work and determination can do for you.

Edited by redtiger

The smallest player in the NFL is without a doubt Trindon Holliday. Returns kicks for the Texans. Ran track at LSU and is a burner. Danny Woodhead doesn't start though. He used to play for the Jets but they released him after they resigned David Clowney.

A week or two ago someone mentioned that some NFL teams may be looking at Caleb Jennings. Im wathing the Pats/ Fins game and New Englands starting RB is Danny Woodhead. Never heard of him? Neither had I, the guy is listed at 5'9" 200lbs (I would say hes more like 5' 7" 180lbs) form Division II Chadron State. He has a page on Wikipedia if you want to look it up. No one was interested in him comming out of high school so he went to a local college and absolutely tore it up(numerious records as well as being 2 time winner of D2s Heisman). It just reminded me alot of Jennings, maybe the kid can make it(if he wants to go down that path)

Just thought some of you Richlands guys might be interested (I was). Just shows the kids at home what hard work and determination can do for you.

Was thinking the same thing while I was watching the game.

It would be a tough road for him, but he has never let that stop him before.

I just noticed that he was palying alot tonight and the announcers were talking about him. His story just strikes me as similar to the one that may be infront of Caleb Jennings. I posted in the other thread that Jennings would make a good special teams player(not a shot at him) but here is a guy that is similar(at least in stature, build and background) and is getting in on offense.

Holiday is very small,how in the world anyone can tackle a guy that small and quick is beyond me!