Abingdon @ Grundy - pics

Lance

Some times good teams find a way to win...

You guys can say what you want about Abingdon...but, they played a heck of a game tonight. The Hess kid looked looked great. What a game that was to watch tonight...and it was nice to be on the winning end of a close game for a change.

Grundy played great the first half...it looked like it was going to just be another blow out. Abingdon snuck in a score just before the half to make it 28-7...and Grundy fans watched in horror as that lead shrunk from that point on...Abingdon managed to tie the game with about 2 min left to go and were moving the ball well every time they got it. Grundy looked like a deer in the headlights and this is the first time Grundy has been in a game this close all year...without Kelly's arm to depend on I was really worried at this point and was thinking we might have just let them hang around a little to long...we have a good kicker, but I didn't want to get in a kicking match with Abingdon.

Grundy gets the ball back and just ran it down their throat...except for a key catch, and it was a good one, by O'quinn...I am over there thinking what is Rowe going to do here? Try to get it position to kick a FG or go for broke...didn't matter as Berglowe, the little big man, broke it wide open on about a 50 yard run for the game winning TD. As Berglowe was headed toward the end zone and at about the 20 yard line, I looked over and a few feet away Hess was already strapping up his helmet...getting ready to roll it up one more time. Was not meant to be...Grundy's defense bent, but didn't break...got an INT on the last play of the game...and it was over. Grundy moves to 7-0. Berglowe crosses 1000 yards for the season and puts up another key TD for the Wave. Without Kelly they had to come together and play as a team to win this game, and that's what they did....Berglowe gets the highlight film, but they all deserve a game ball tonight.

When it was all said and done...Berglowe ended up with 240 yards rushing and 3 TD's.

And Falcon folks...hats off to you guys on a great game...and for never giving up. Heck of a game.

all the pics are here:

http://s362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/swvasports/2010%20Football/Week%208%20Grundy%20vs%20Abingdon/?start=all

couple of random pics:

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

IMG_3150.jpg

The real "Larry Legend"...lol.

IMG_3133.jpg

I got in line with the band, but they wouldn't let me on the field without a fuzzy hat...

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

best pic i took all night...

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

Something that amazes me is logan elswick, when he was over at grundy he didn't see the field ( no pun intended) and at abingdon he's a hell of a player

If he was still in Grundy, he still would not see the field, except to warm up. Who could he be ahead of now. Know something about the game before you ask stupid questions.

If he was still in Grundy, he still would not see the field, except to warm up. Who could he be ahead of now. Know something about the game before you ask stupid questions.

Please show me where I "asked a stupid question" dumbass!

I thought Logan had a great game also...just another one of Grundy's kids that would have been playing in this group if he stuck around...kids change so much from year to year and develope at different rates...I was talking to Lloyd Combs last night after the game and that was one of the first things he said "Logan Elswick played a heck of a game". I don't know how he would fit in at Grundy this year, but he's playing good ball at Abingdon for sure.

I do not know what's traveler is talking about. Hater in the house! Logan has been a great player for AHS this year. Works his tail off and never says a word. He made a lot of key plays against Grundy to keep AHS in it and had a INT and the TD catch to tie the game. Personally, Waves could have used him in the secondary. They might want to sure some things up before they move on with Richland or a more efficient passing team. To say he would have not been a factor for Grundy is ridicules.

I do not know what's traveler is talking about. Hater in the house! Logan has been a great player for AHS this year. Works his tail off and never says a word. He made a lot of key plays against Grundy to keep AHS in it and had a INT and the TD catch to tie the game. Personally, Waves could have used him in the secondary. They might want to sure some things up before they move on with Richland or a more efficient passing team. To say he would have not been a factor for Grundy is ridicules.

Now he would, but before...no.

Now he would, but before...no.

yeah...like i said before, kids come in to their own at different times...he has grown in to a good player and you can tell he has worked hard to get there...nothing you can knock a kid about...thats the way it is for most of the Grundy team this year really...these same kids that are now 7-0 were winning 1 or 2 games a year as 9th graders...they all worked hard and got better.

Good win for the Wave last night, that was the toughest task they have had so far this season. Grundy passing game look out of sync last night, more than what I thought it would. They missed John at QB, I don't think the talent was much different in the passing game its just John had been the starting QB every game since he has been a freshman, everyone was just in sync on how he ran the offense. Berglowe was our offense last night...he had one hell of game, if it wasan't for his performance and the O-line doing the blocking that they did I don't know if we score 2 tds. He really came thru last night.

Carrol Co. comes to Grundy next week, they have already beat Abingdon this year and I don't think they have lost a district game yet (could be wrong.) Grundy will have to play a better game next week to get too 8-0, go Wave!

Good win for the Wave last night, that was the toughest task they have had so far this season. Grundy passing game look out of sync last night, more than what I thought it would. They missed John at QB, I don't think the talent was much different in the passing game its just John had been the starting QB every game since he has been a freshman, everyone was just in sync on how he ran the offense. Berglowe was our offense last night...he had one hell of game, if it wasan't for his performance and the O-line doing the blocking that they did I don't know if we score 2 tds. He really came thru last night.

Carrol Co. comes to Grundy next week, they have already beat Abingdon this year and I don't think they have lost a district game yet (could be wrong.) Grundy will have to play a better game next week to get too 8-0, go Wave!

yeah they will have to play 4 qtrs next week to beat CC...as for the passing game...there was a little confusion...to be expected though...Ben is more than capable of running the O, just probably needs some reps....I think that will look better next week...the INT was really a great effort by the Abingdon kid...was talking to Coach Rowe after the game and he was talking about how the kid just made a great play on the ball. Ben has a different style so he's not going to look like Kelly throwing the ball and the WR's will have to adjust a little...more they have time to work on it the better it will get I'm sure.