Carroll County @ Grundy

Lance

@Stu- I couldn't agree with you more! I have said for years that we are the read-headed step-child of the District and the feeling is mutual in terms of travel, feelings toward other members, and the disadvantage it puts our kids in. Every other year a member travels to Carroll in football and once a year for basketball and baseball, but we are traveling all over the District for most every road game (Marion, Abingdon, Graham, and Tazewell aren't too bad, but there are mutliple AA and A schools closer than those). I wish we had been sent to the Piedmont, as we have played some of those teams for years (Martinsville has been added for next year). The River Ridge District actually makes WAY more sense with Pulaski, Blacksburg, Christiansburg, et.al. I think with Grundy and Graham dropping down, some realignment will be coming very soon. Here's to hoping we are TOAST in the SW District.

Edited by Huntercav

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Woolybugger
@Stu- I couldn't agree with you more! I have said for years that we are the read-headed step-child of the District and the feeling is mutual in terms of travel, feelings toward other members, and the disadvantage it puts our kids in. Every other year a member travels to Carroll in football and once a year for basketball and baseball, but we are traveling all over the District for most every road game (Marion, Abingdon, Graham, and Tazewell aren't too bad, but there are mutliple AA and A schools closer than those). I wish we had been sent to the Piedmont, as we have played some of those teams for years (Martinsville has been added for next year). The River Ridge District actually makes WAY more sense with Pulaski, Blacksburg, Christiansburg, et.al. I think with Grundy and Graham dropping down, some realignment will be coming very soon. Here's to hoping we are TOAST in the SW District.

True to a point, although the Piedmont has its Grundy. Tunstall (Dry Fork) is a heck of a haul from Hillsville, and no Cuz's halfway there, either. CC will be playing 3/5 of the Piedmont next two years anyway. I agree that the RRD would be the best fit. Distances are better, and the longest trips are all I-81. Hope like heck that's not where Carroll ends up.