Rebels / Tigers

redtiger

Sorry to steal this thread from the Hurley fans but,

Congratulations to the Hurley Rebels, outstanding performance tonight you guys showed alot of heart and class(two things that have been missing from Hurley football for a long time).

Everyone says football is about two things; blocking and tackling but football comes down to two even more basic things than that, heart and desire and the Hurley Rebels football team showed alot of both tonight! The Rebels played their game tonight, no late hits no trash talking, none of the bs Hurley is known for, well played game. The most polished, driven and prepared team ive ever seen Hurley field.

Again congratulations and good luck against Honaker

Sorry to steal this thread from the Hurley fans but,

Congratulations to the Hurley Rebels, outstanding performance tonight you guys showed alot of heart and class(two things that have been missing from Hurley football for a long time).

Everyone says football is about two things; blocking and tackling but football comes down to two even more basic things than that, heart and desire and the Hurley Rebels football team showed alot of both tonight! The Rebels played their game tonight, no late hits no trash talking, none of the bs Hurley is known for, well played game. The most polished, driven and prepared team ive ever seen Hurley field.

Again congratulations and good luck against Honaker

This is class.

I think that it was the best that Hurley has played for 4 quarters since these boys started playing varsity. The seniors were leaders and the underclassmen came to the front. I am so proud of each and everyone of these boys. I hope you guys enjoy your win tonight but come Monday be ready for another big Friday and let's end another streak!!!

P.S. Thank you redtiger for the classy post. I hope the boy who had to have medical assistance after the game is alright. Give us a reply if you have an update.

P.P.S I also like to give a shout out to the coaches for having this team well-prepared. Tester,Davis,Quinley,Cooper and last but not least ole' Church you guys did a fine job.

Edited by thevols

I think that it was the best that Hurley has played for 4 quarters since these boys started playing varsity. The seniors were leaders and the underclassmen came to the front. I am so proud of each and everyone of these boys. I hope you guys enjoy your win tonight but come Monday be ready for another big Friday and let's end another streak!!!

P.S. Thank you redtiger for the classy post. I hope the boy who had to have medical assistance after the game is alright. Give us a reply if you have an update.

P.P.S I also like to give a shout out to the coaches for having this team well-prepared. Tester,Davis,Quinley,Cooper and last but not least ole' Church you guys did a fine job.

Stuck on a Train in Pike County all night we took a Radio to the top of the Load out so we could here Loyd give Updates on Hurley/Haysi lost signal @ half time Just got in the office and seen John Pauls post . Sounds like you guy's finally believe in yourselve's now...Thats all thats been lacking....All I can think to say is Hell Yeah..

Rawlins played a great game, Haysi couldnt stop that jet sweep, Hurley ran it all night.

I left early so I dont know who had medical issues? I did see two players get hut for Haysi; Dakota Stanley reinjured his ankle(he broke it earlier in the year) and Derrick Blair was holding his let arm(his throwing arm). Hope neither is serious

I was told after the game that one of the players had to be Med-Flight because he was spitting up blood. The story maybe wrong but I was concerned. I do know there was a lot of people around the concession/locker room area and the ambulance,fire truck, and a couple of deputies showed up immediately after the game.

Edited by thevols

I hear that a Haysi player got hit in the back near the end/after a play. He was medflighted a he was spitingup blood. I dont know, wasnt there but I hear it was a cheap shot, I dont know, but I hope he is ok. When I find more out I will post it.

From what I heard we threw an interception and on the play Hurley laid quite a few hard licks(good football) the hit that hurt the Haysi player was one of those. Ive never heard of someone getting hit so hard they spit up blood, I dont dare speculate as to his injury but it sounds bad.