Real Class Act!

Bulldogs52

Lance, you were on the sidelines. Did any adult hit a player?

I can tell you 100% for sure I did not see anything like what is being said here...I was standing right next to the Grundy coaches and watched the whole thing play out...the ONLY thing the coaches did was try to separate the players...nothing else and it was on both sides...Tazewell coaches were out there trying to separate them as well...the coaches from both sides did a good job of it...once both teams flooded on to the field there were no where near enough adults to keep things from getting bad once it got started...so, to me I thought both sides coaches did a good job of getting the kids back under control...if there was anything that went on it was directly related to them trying to stop it.

Most of them had their arms out as far as they could get them to the side and were holding back players on each side...the Grundy coaches were screaming at their own kids, not the tazewell kids...and they were telling them to GET TO THE LOCKER ROOMS NOW! GO! I heard it myself....Grundy is moving on and doesn't need any suspensions, so they are not looking for a fight right now.

This was a hard fought game on both sides and tempers got heated at the end...a lot of hard hits each way...and like i said it was a fun game to watch...Tazewell was fired up and Grundy was fired up...they had a little go at it after the game and they both went to the locker rooms...that was about it...there was no big fight, the kids were kept separated for the most part and other than just being an ugly ending to the last game these guys will play, there is not much more to it.

As for that roughing the kicker call...if that is what they called it was DEAD WRONG...they blocked the ball, Grundy had 3 kids come straight up the gut and the Tanner blocked it, they were all in the air trying to block it at the same time...you can't flag a kid for blocking a punt and you can't flag the others for landing near the kicker on a play like that...Tanner is the one that hit the kicker and he is the one that was up the middle in the center of it all and he is the one that hit the ball and blocked the punt...it was a clean play and they should have never called it...if he doesn't hit the ball then flag it, but when you get a low kick like that and a kid gets two hands on it and sends the ball in the other direction and kids are continuing on towards the ball trying to recover it...that is a HORRIBLE call.

the refs reasoning was that once it is blocked a man coming in for no reason and hitting him is not allowed

I don't know where that rule came from, but once a punt is blocked everybody is fair game. He is no longer a punter but either a defensive or offensive player depending on who recovers the ball.

The only call they can make that's even close to that would be a late hit on the punter. If he was hit after the whistle had blown the play dead.

If I'm wrong, somebody set me strait. Maybe there's a new rule I know nothing about ?

Just hate to see anything like the fight happen. The last time these 2 teams play each other and this is how it ends. There's no winners in a situation like that.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

The punt was blocked but the call was that a 2nd man can not charge the punter for no reason. After the block a kid came in and hit the punter...that was the call. and as far as the fight the grundy coach came out and got in tazewell kids face saying they would never be anything. he hit #67 and #10 and another Tazewell player stuck him in the jaw for it. And the coach got in #12's face which is why he went after him. a grown man does not need to be doing stuff like that. if he would ''floored'' the kid it woulda got real bad. Grundys coach should not be allowed to behave like that. The Tazewell coaches did not touch any Grungy kids. It was the other way around. This is not Grundys first brawl but it is Tazewells. that should hint who started the whole thing. Other than all that. It was a good game.

the Ref's told the players that the first guy that got to the punt hit the punter and that the second guy blocked the punt after the hit. as far as the fight a grundy coach put his hands on a few players and was hit like tornado dog said. the head coach for grundy was cussing and saying alot of things to #12.

I dont see where you Tazwell guy's making these post makes you any Pillar of the community either.

You got beat by a better team shake it off move on if some of the kids took it or made it personal it's football if a kid dont play with a chip on his shoulder somethings wrong.

My kid played against Tazwell from middle school on through 10th grade and at the middle school level I had to walk the kids to the locker room and bus so dont tell me about class go get ya some so you'll know what it is..Sounds like you got what you gave and couldnt handle it. As far as Rowe trying to score I remember you guys never worried how much you hung on Grundy I only wish Rowe had blowed the bulbs out on the visitor's side.

Please tell me you are not an adult -- no wonder the kids are out of control if this is what the adults are saying.

Why on earth would you ever have to walk your child to the bus at Tazewell - the path from the visitor's locker room to the bus is lined with police officers, police cars and emergency personel.

the Ref's told the players that the first guy that got to the punt hit the punter and that the second guy blocked the punt after the hit. as far as the fight a grundy coach put his hands on a few players and was hit like tornado dog said. the head coach for grundy was cussing and saying alot of things to #12.

If this is true there should be legal charges brought against any adult who places their hands on a minor.

If this is true there should be legal charges brought against any adult who places their hands on a minor.

Once again, there is nothing to this nonsense. It simply didn't happen. If it did I would say so. Think about it and use some common sense, there were cops on the field as well, if any of that went on they would have been right there. There are two people here out of everyone that was at the game trying to say this stuff, and I'm not going to let a bunch of rumors get started. There is no reason to debate this, if anything had happened it would have been taken care of at the time by the cops. Period. If there is anything on film that shows anything different the schools will handle it from there. Enough is enough, move on. Its sad a 55 year rivalry couldn't just end in a handshake.

It's called losing! It doesn't matter what you think, they won the game. Who cares about Richlands? I bet you guys didn't mind beating up on Grundy the last few years and now they beat you and you want to complain. GROW UP! The Falcons have dominated you guys in about every sport. Richlands has beat the h### out of everybody, so find something else to get after Grundy about. My dad knows their coaches and he said they were good guys. Tazewell is a joke in about every sport so learn to deal with it! :mad:

Would you be a Grundy transplant????? Southbound defending the Wave?

i was in the middle of it..i was #10. i turned around and people were pushing each other and i pushed a grundy player out of the way trying to break it up and one of grundy coaches (the big fat one) hit me in the ribs and he hit #67as well. That coach was talkin pure Shi* to our players and i heard one of their coaches say racial slurs towards 67 and 77. then all of a sudden #68 stuck him in the face. After the game the grundy players trashed the away locker room. Thats just somethin you dont do. Im being as honest as i can! grundy has a good team but thats just no class. why would they destroy the locker room? And call my team mates Ni**ers! I heard it with my own two ears

and also..hasnt grundy bein in fights before this year..

does that say anything?

Edited by b_rhudy10

Lance I seen you standing over there on the sidelines, but I sure the hell seen a coach swing at the kids, Even if it was just trying to break it up or not, you get ur own guys away and not the other teams guys.... I respect you more than a lot of people on this site, but I know what I saw! So did others!

i was in the middle of it..i was #10. i turned around and people were pushing each other and i pushed a grundy player out of the way trying to break it up and one of grundy coaches (the big fat one) hit me in the ribs and he hit #67as well. That coach was talkin pure Shi* to our players and i heard one of their coaches say racial slurs towards 67 and 77. then all of a sudden #68 stuck him in the face. After the game the grundy players trashed the away locker room. Thats just somethin you dont do. Im being as honest as i can! grundy has a good team but thats just no class. why would they destroy the locker room? And call my team mates Ni**ers! I heard it with my own two ears

and also..hasnt grundy bein in fights before this year..

does that say anything?

I told my father that was sitting beside me along with my uncle that had a son playing for Tazewell, as Grundy's players were in the endzone near the field house they were using that they would tear it up! Rhudy if this is true, then I called it first.

Guest old_school

It's on the tapes of the game and will be reviewed.

Sad ending to a great football game and an absolute great football matchup over the past 51 years.

Lets see. Punt blocked. Then the punter is no longer a punter, he becomes a regular player. So you are saying that if grundy picks the ball up and starts running, the punter is the only man between them and the goal, they can not hit or block him. That is the most stupid reason I have heard.

If was a right call or wrong call, that is the reason the ref gave...

I told my father that was sitting beside me along with my uncle that had a son playing for Tazewell, as Grundy's players were in the endzone near the field house they were using that they would tear it up! Rhudy if this is true, then I called it first.

I know for a fact they tore the locker room up really bad cause coach keene told me he was sending them a bill for the damages

All I know is what I saw and I was right there. None of this stuff went on like you guys are saying. Name calling I don't know about, I heard a bunch of that from the Tazewell side on the way to the locker room as well. That I could care less about, but I saw coaches separating kids and not punching anyone. If that happened there would have been a lot more that went on.

As for the locker rooms, before Grundy left the last thing they did was pick up the cups in the floor and asked for a trash can from the guy outside. So that is total BS about them trashing the locker room.

The Grundy coaches didn't do anything wrong and the Tazewell coaches didn't do anything wrong that I saw. So I don't know what you guys saw going on and I'm not calling anyonee a liar. I'm just saying I don't know what it looked like up in the stands but I know what was happening on the field.

Also if there is anything on the films the schools will handle it. So that's the deal. I don't want to argue with you guys about this, but I'm not going to let these rumors go on either. If anyone has any proof to the contrary other than the he said she said I saw this you saw that BS then step up with it, otherwise we need to move on because this is total BS.

Also...I have been to every Grundy game from the first scrimmage on, and if there was another fight or whatever you want to call it...then someone please let me know when it was, because I sure must have missed that?

You guys seem to not realize Grundy won the game by a couple of TD's...what exactly do you think THEY had to be so upset over? They are 8-1 and you guys are 1-9...if anyone is bent over something, it's sure not the Wave.