Grundy @ Tazewell Pics...

Lance

First...Let's just get over the whole fight thing at the end and focus on the rest of the game.

This was a pretty good game to watch...Tazewell kept at it all night and never gave up...I think they have a good future on the way...the #31 kid, I think Moore??? he is really good...runs hard and has great speed...#77 was a brute, big kid and moved around good for his size...the QB looked pretty good and it was just a well played game for Tazewell...they are not a 1-8 team by any means, they are a team that seems to be finding their way as time goes by...I think they have a good thing going there, even though I don't really like Smith...he seems to be doing a pretty good job in getting the boys fired up and ready to play...the wins will come at some point if it continues.

On the Grundy side I thought Ben Rife played a good game at QB tonight, had an INT on a tipped ball and a TD in the air to Oquinn I think it was, which was nice to see...He seemed a lot more settled in this week and I was proud of him...he's had a lot of pressure on him to win and step in and take over for John Kelly here at the end of the season, and he's done a good job with it...not an easy task.

The night belonged to Berglowe though...this kid is something else...150 pounds and about 5 ft 7 or so... banged up and sore from the Carroll County game and then another injury in practice this week that left him in a lot of pain...what does he do? He comes out and lays down 321 yards or so and 4 TD's. People will never know how hard this kid worked in the off season to better himself this year...he reminds me a lot of Jennings from Richlands/E&H...not the biggest guy, but, all heart.

Tanner Marshall also had a good game, he was back in "Big Cat" mode tonight...he was easy to find, just look at where the ball goes and he's not far from it...yeah, he got a little fired up and flexed after a big sack...but, that's just emotion and not him trying to showboat...so, Tazewell fans don't take it that way...this kid is one of the best in the Region and he goes about things the right way...you never see him do anything but make plays and go back to the huddle...he had a heck of a game tonight.

Cody Justice and Tyler Justus both played hard football tonight...big hits from both those guys...Cody got up in the air to knock a pass down with both hands...I don't know if he plays basketball or not, but that kid can catch some air. Tyler had several hard hits and a key run. Pretty impressed with the way they played.

The O and D lines both played well, considering there were some new faces in there due to injury or sickness...the kids were able to pick it up and get the job done...the linemen don't get a lot of credit most of the time, but they do a good job week in and week out.

Anyway...I will shut up now lol.

Here is the link to all of the pics, tried to get some for you Tazewell folks as well...if you know the kids in the pics, send them the link.

http://s362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/swvasports/2010%20Football/Week%2010%20Grundy%20at%20Tazewell/?start=all

and a few random pics:

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3514a.jpg

IMG_3527.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3571a.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

Great pics as usual, #31 is Mikal Moore. He has really come on strong. Doesn't give up after he gets the ball. Shaq #77 is a beast it's been worth the ticket price just to watch him make hits. After the last two games I am looking forward to next year.

Not sure what numbers they were but was impressed by several of the Grundy defensive line men. They grab hold and make sure to wrap up tackles and bring down the runner.

Guest cj_vt

Hey Lance. Like how you ended the one thread with why would Grundy be mad when we are 8-1 and Tazewell is 1-9. If Tazewell played Grundy's schedule we would be a playoff lock. Also, were you on the field trying to break up the fight or did you reamin on the sidelines with your camera. As a coach in this situation you should be on the field trying to stop the fight and get your kids back to the sideline. You should not be up in the opposing teams face as a coach yelling you will be losers for the rest of your life. Bet these guys had there chest stuck out all the way home reliving how they talked crap to 15-16 year old kids.

Good luck next week Golden Wave. The Blues are a tad bit better than Twin Valley and East Ridge. You may have the opportunity to kick a field goal with 7 seconds remaining in the game this week but it will be for your first 3 points.

Hey Lance. Like how you ended the one thread with why would Grundy be mad when we are 8-1 and Tazewell is 1-9. If Tazewell played Grundy's schedule we would be a playoff lock. Also, were you on the field trying to break up the fight or did you reamin on the sidelines with your camera. As a coach in this situation you should be on the field trying to stop the fight and get your kids back to the sideline. You should not be up in the opposing teams face as a coach yelling you will be losers for the rest of your life. Bet these guys had there chest stuck out all the way home reliving how they talked crap to 15-16 year old kids.

Good luck next week Golden Wave. The Blues are a tad bit better than Twin Valley and East Ridge. You may have the opportunity to kick a field goal with 7 seconds remaining in the game this week but it will be for your first 3 points.

I was just taking pics, I don't have any business on the field trying to do anything other than just take pics...I'm not a coach or a cop.

As far as the schedule goes, go get with the great Terry Smith and tell him to schedule just like Grundy if that's what you want...I don't do the scheduling either.

blah blah blah...enough crying already about the rest of it...let it go and move on.

Picture # 5 clearly shows the gold boot. In a clever move, Coach 'Tiny" Compton has the gold boot hidden under his Colorado sweatshirt to pull out to motivate the boys at exactly the right moment. Word from the Huddle House is that Tiny had also used the boot to stash the two Cardiac Arrest triple cheeseburgers he bought on the trip up to TTown. The scrum at the end was directly attributed to the onions from the burgers.

no...the thread was just closed.

Lance, I know the thread was closed but I was told last night that some pix or film is coming out showing the grundy coach hitting a Tazwell player. Have you heard anything? I am three hours away so I have to go by hearsay until it hits the news. The person who told me has a good reputation for being right. I hope it's not true and it was a ugly situation for all that was involved.

well...just for the record, they were gone before we got there...lol.

Don't know how much truth it is to it, but one of the inmates told me they stole it, and he was from Richlands, so go figure.... One of them has been missing for a few years, and I just noticed this year that the other one was missing!

Lance, I know the thread was closed but I was told last night that some pix or film is coming out showing the grundy coach hitting a Tazwell player. Have you heard anything? I am three hours away so I have to go by hearsay until it hits the news. The person who told me has a good reputation for being right. I hope it's not true and it was a ugly situation for all that was involved.

I doubt it because it didn't happen...so don't know how you can get pics or video of something that didn't happen. here are the pics i took of it...as you can see there is not much fighting going on in any of these...there were two kids that kept going after the last play...one grundy kid and one tazewell kid...everyone else was coming out to shake hands so that's why people were headed out on the field in the first place...when they saw those two kids still rolling around on the field everyone ran over in that direction...the coaches from both sides got in between and sent the kids to the locker room...thats all there was to it...there was no big brawl where people were hitting each other...just didn't happen...I know it makes for a good story and people like to play bad ass whenever possible...but this was nothing special.

here are the pics...not much going on is there? Refs were right there in the middle of it as well.

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

Lance, Tazewell bench ran out onto the field, in all my years I have watched football I have never seen a team run out onto the field to shake hands after a ball game! I gave up talking about this the other night... I know what I saw, I am 31 years old but I am not delusional!

Lance, Tazewell bench ran out onto the field, in all my years I have watched football I have never seen a team run out onto the field to shake hands after a ball game! I gave up talking about this the other night... I know what I saw, I am 31 years old but I am not delusional!

yeah they ran out on the field when they saw the two kids rolling around at about the 40 yard line...after the last play you head out to shake hands anyway...so all of the kids were going to be headed out to the field to begin with was my point...if it was not the end of the game I doubt either side would have been headed to the field over two kids that kept going after the whistle...this being the last play of the game, they are all going to be going out on the field...they saw the two kids rolling around and ran over towards that area...before they got there the two kids were on their feet and talking trash to each other...which is what the rest of them did at that point.

closing this off as well...i'm not going to argue about this...if anyone has ANY "proof" of anything else that went on, please post it up...because I sure didn't see it and I would love to see it...if anyone had anything it would have been on here by now...so that should tell you something.