SWVA versus NET ALL-STAR Senior game..

wave316

Much progress has been made in our SWVA -NET All Star senior game this year. Game will be at Science Hill's new 5 million dollar Kermit Tipton Field. Great turf ,just got to see it and walk on it today. For those interested we did a press conference there today with WJHL TV and they interviewed coaches and gave info about the game .This should air tonight on the 6pm and 11 pm sports times. Check it out if you get a chance.:)

caught the end of the piece, the field looks great! Lets just hope SWVA can put a solid team on the field

Hey redtiger, the field at Science Hill is very nice. The Athletic director shared that Science Hill scored a td against Volunteer on the very first play from the line of scrimmage. What a way to break in a new field,lol. As far as our roster we have around 40 guys on our side .We have a good roster in my opinion. We have some of the best seniors we could get. I know it will be a game these kids will remember. We hope to have college scouts there checking out the talent. My friend from Watagua Orthapedics,co sponser of the game,Jerry Robertson says we may have scouts from Ga. Tech there. Jerry was trainer for ETSU for 43 years and has many connections with SEC schools and ACC.

regardless of the outcome of the game it is good to get the spotlight on players from this area! The field looks awesome and your right that is an incredible way to open it up. I think the game could be a really good thing for the entire region(SWVA and NET). I am going to do my best to be there I think it wil be a great experience for a football fan in this area, The best of the best on the field together, and on top of that its VA vs Tenn! I would like the see the game at the Stone Castle tho, never seen a game there but it is a local football landmark

maybe im just out of the loop but why @ DB?

I like Bristol because it is in the middle, goes along with the whole border bash sort of thing. It could be played at Legion? Not as nice of a stadium but tons of history, ample seating and again a landmark

maybe im just out of the loop but why @ DB?

I like Bristol because it is in the middle, goes along with the whole border bash sort of thing. It could be played at Legion? Not as nice of a stadium but tons of history, ample seating and again a landmark

Have you been to DB? Have you seen those facilities..........They're better than any High School or college in the area......They have more than enough parking, enough seating, along with the best fieldhouse and field in the area. Science Hill may have as nice of a field, but everything else is lacking compared to DB.

It'd be a great place for the game to take place.

The Stone Castle wouldnt be bad either. I'm not saying that Science Hill is a bad selection either, it is a very nice stadium.

Have you been to DB? Have you seen those facilities..........They're better than any High School or college in the area......They have more than enough parking, enough seating, along with the best fieldhouse and field in the area. Science Hill may have as nice of a field, but everything else is lacking compared to DB.

It'd be a great place for the game to take place.

The Stone Castle wouldnt be bad either. I'm not saying that Science Hill is a bad selection either, it is a very nice stadium.

DB does want to host the game either next year or year after. Science Hill was kind of a middle of the road stadium for Tenn , the other schools coming from Morristown ,less travel to come to practices. Science Hill holds 6000 fans. We have printed 3000 tickets. It would be great to have 3000 Va .fans and 3000 Tenn .fans there cheering on the teams! If you have a group or need tickets let me know. We tried to make the ticket affordable at six dollars.

I need about 6 or 7 tickets. where do I get them?

John Battle High School should be getting tickets any time now . High schools are being given tickets to sell at the schools office. Thanks . Let me know if you have any trouble ,my friend in Bristol will contact you. Thanks Again.:)