Richlands Defense 2010

Nadoball

I have calculated that against our first team defense we have giving up 28-35 points total. I think this is correct (if you think different explain yourself). Thats an average of 3.8 points per game and most of those have come while we were up by a good margin. I have to say pretty darn impressive. This is one of, if not, the best defense the Blues have put on the field.

I have calculated that against our first team defense we have giving up 28-35 points total. I think this is correct (if you think different explain yourself). Thats an average of 3.8 points per game and most of those have come while we were up by a good margin. I have to say pretty darn impressive. This is one of, if not, the best defense the Blues have put on the field.

Thanks for this post! everyone on here thinks the O wins games but the truth is without a great D you will win nothing. The blues has EXP at every position this year and it will be hard for anyone to score on us. With the exception of falling asleep a couple of times this year the D has played great. I believe in the playoffs people will see just how good our D is.

The D is very good but I believe the offense is the best of the two sides of the ball this year for Richlands. I agree that defense wins games and is more important in a game with two teams of simular talent. However if you score everytime you have the ball the D-F is not as important. Just my thoughts. The team period (all aspects) is better than most. I even thought the waterboy looked impressive last week.

This said I agree with you that come playoff time people will see how good our D is but thats not the only thing I think they will see. If we don't self destruct this is a special team.

Edited by Gizmo777

I think the testing will come in close games in the post season. They will have to keep their composure, if playing from behind, while keeping penalties to a minimum.

Life has many choices---eternity two

They've been doing a much better job with the penalties the last couple of weeks, but we all know the playoffs is a different animal.

They need to keep the penalties down through out the playoff run. Against a good team those penalties could mean the difference between a win or a loss.

Stay focused and keep up the hard work !

Richlands defense is pretty good but you guys don't play anybody. We'll see how good they are against Cave Spring.

That is if CS and RHS make it that far! Must take it one game at a time. CS has already lost 3 games this year and I'm not sure they will make it. RHS could get beat as well. No one knows whats going to happen in high school FB. I hope CS and RHS meet this year in Richlands it would be a great game.

I agree whole-heartedly. They (Richlands team and staff) need to take it one game at a time and the coaches need to keep on them about penalties. They have played much smarter ball the last few weeks and kept penalties down considerably from earlier games. When they play smart ball they will be hard to beat, by anybody. All the posters say we have not played anybody but we have played the schedule in front of us and gotton better each game. Thats what a good team does. Not really in thier powers to do anything more. I hope to see us get to a Cave Spring-Richlands matchup just to see what we do against a mighty Roanoke area team. I am not using mighty in any way other than respect. I know they have lost three games but they were darn good teams they lost to. The CS quarterback is definitly the real deal as we seen last year. Good luck to CS and Richlands and lets all pray for no injuries throughout the State as I read yesterday about a kid from Illinois dying after a game due to a concussion. He was 17 years old.

I agree whole-heartedly. They (Richlands team and staff) need to take it one game at a time and the coaches need to keep on them about penalties. They have played much smarter ball the last few weeks and kept penalties down considerably from earlier games. When they play smart ball they will be hard to beat, by anybody. All the posters say we have not played anybody but we have played the schedule in front of us and gotton better each game. Thats what a good team does. Not really in thier powers to do anything more. I hope to see us get to a Cave Spring-Richlands matchup just to see what we do against a mighty Roanoke area team. I am not using mighty in any way other than respect. I know they have lost three games but they were darn good teams they lost to. The CS quarterback is definitly the real deal as we seen last year. Good luck to CS and Richlands and lets all pray for no injuries throughout the State as I read yesterday about a kid from Illinois dying after a game due to a concussion. He was 17 years old.

Well said!!