Patrick Henry

sunkist

I have been a strong PH fan since i was little. i graduated recently and believe that PH is turning in the wrong direction! i have to say PH has never been outstanding in the past few years but they would always get a couple wins here and there. i have never seen a more scrambled team play this year! i believe to keep PH from a complete melt down they need a new coach! if you agree post it.

Edited by sunkist

The scuttlebut is that he is leaving. I have been told his house is for sale and he is going somewhere else, does anone have any other info? I will say it is often too easy the blame the coach for problems during the season and usaully everyone has detractors and supporters which he has. It odes seem that they have went backwards in his three years in numbers and wins, is it him or is there a lack of talent and interest?

I still stand by the fact that just because you were a great player does not mean you will be a great coach. I think this decision was blinded by the Super Bowl Ring he was wearing. Before anyone tries to argue, I give one example, tell me how good a player Stephen Ragsdale the former coach at Giles was?

The principal use his head, what a JOKE. He cant find his head because its so far up his tail he cant find it. He is the one that needs to go. He and the AD are running off everyone. I have an idea why dont the principal coach football and the AD coach baseball and see if it changes guess what it wont. Until they get a new principal and another AD they will continue to struggle in sports because all them two worry about is their EGO'S. One more thing I think the principal wants PH to lose because he stuck so far up Abingdons tail that he cant see whats happening at his own school.

The scuttlebut is that he is leaving. I have been told his house is for sale and he is going somewhere else, does anone have any other info? I will say it is often too easy the blame the coach for problems during the season and usaully everyone has detractors and supporters which he has. It odes seem that they have went backwards in his three years in numbers and wins, is it him or is there a lack of talent and interest?

Was told by a Head Coach in the Hogo that Compton is leaving for N.C. not sure why or what for. Don't know how much stock to put into this info but it did come from a Head Coach.

I was told he was going to back to Tazewell. I just know that PH football isn't the same.

It's definitely hit rock-bottom. I don't think you'll ever get back to what you were in the mid 90's, but 4,5,6 wins a year would be mountains of improvement. It would help the district as a whole...

Change is obviously needed at PH. As a graduate there it's very tough to see what has happened there in the last few years concerning the football team.

I agree with the above poster that PH will not most likely be able to get back to where they were in the mid 90's under Coach Thomas but PH should be able to win 5-7 games most years.

Under Coach Thomas PH had a football program, since his departure PH has had a football team. That's the only way i know to describe it.

Hopefully things have hit rock bottom and will turn around soon there.

That is the best description I have ever heard. This applies to all sports. Schools with programs and schools with teams. If a school doesn't have a program that instructs, grooms, and feeds ; then all they have is a team. A collective group of kids who come out to play game days, and practice during competition season , and with coaches who show up only at the start of each season. This is not a program.

Richlands has a terrific football program. Just wish they had programs for their other sports.

That is the best description I have ever heard. This applies to all sports. Schools with programs and schools with teams. If a school doesn't have a program that instructs, grooms, and feeds ; then all they have is a team. A collective group of kids who come out to play game days, and practice during competition season , and with coaches who show up only at the start of each season. This is not a program.

Richlands has a terrific football program. Just wish they had programs for their other sports.

Do you believe Coach Compton will be there next year? I believe they would be better off with out him!

I dont think so . He coached a good game against our Falcons.

42-0 win and you say he coached a good game? wow what i seen against appy was multiple delay of games because he couldnt get the plays out? im just wondering what you are seeing?

I think the problem over there is a little bit of both administration and coaching. I know the Principal, great guy, but I think he looks to hire big name guys who don't get the job done. Example: Gregory and Compton. Look, PH is our rival, but I hate to see a program so far gone. Compton is not the answer. I don't know who is, but look for another "big name" hire who will also fail. I know this because I know the administration. Sorry Keith but your track record isn't great when it comes to coaches.

Ps: Does anyone know when All District comes out?

Edited by cavdaddy

you gotta get that winning tradition..you gotta learn to win..pull out the big plays..any decent player can play..its those 2 or 3 that get fired up and buy into what the coach is doin..then my friend the chips fall into place..holston is going thru this..they are tryin to build ..we will see how things go after this yr..chilhowie,got a gift from marion and its showin..i have gotten to know sum details and i'll say we lost a very big key,maybe it was the coach and not all the player.i am pullin for my smyth co brothern..GO warriors

• 2 weeks later...

I just think coach compton is very negative

That worked like 10-15 years ago. Kids and parents are softer now ... can't take the criticism from coaches and are more inclined to quit working hard. Gotta adjust to the times.

so with all the rumors is he going to resign or is this just talk. People have said his house is for sale that he is going to Bluefield College to coach or is this just negative fans harassing the man?

so with all the rumors is he going to resign or is this just talk. People have said his house is for sale that he is going to Bluefield College to coach or is this just negative fans harassing the man?

If you go 0-10 you kinda warrant harassment from fans... especially when you're division 2. We're not talking about Twin Valley here...this is a team that has no excuse for not being competitive...