post like this kinda makes it tuff to pull for richlands

litltiger

Any other game and I'm as big a Gate City fan as there is, but we ( my wife & I ) know some of the players and their family's and her and I both have family in the Honaker area and she graduated from there. My wife has also taught several of the players too. My Grandfather played for Honaker so I have a lot of ties there.

But any other time I'm there with you......oooppps except of course when you play my Blues ....LOL !.......sorry bout that !

Haha its all good man, I understand. If Honaker beats us then I will definitely be pulling for them in all the other games. Just like I did Lebanon, as hard as that was.... haha

..folks seem to take any type of criticism or dissenting opinion as an attack. We all have opinions, and i love to hear what other folks have to say. I also am one who supports the local teams when GC loses and the season is over. I like to pick/give my opinions of games too. Heck, i have even missed a couple over the years :) too many folks get upset if say, i picked Richlands by 6 td's over Abingdon, now i hate Abingdon. Uh, no! I just think Richlands will beat Abingdon by 6 td's. (don't get excited falconman just an example)

This is aimed at this entire post not me, or anyone i have had conversations with. I love to watch teams and players who bust their butts and can shake hands after. Do your best, and if it is not good enough shake the hand of the folks who beat you. Someone has to win every time you play. If i go out in the driveway and play pickup basketball, i am going to try and beat your brains in and then i'll go in and eat dinner with you.

As a big lifelong GC fan i expected to beat Bluefield and Richlands this year. After watching a quarter against the Blues, i saw that probably wasn't going to happen without a little luck. Bluefield had one of the better defenses and schemes i have seen in a few years, they bent but never broke. Very athletic line. Looking back as a true blue fan, i would like to think GC would score against Bluefield and Richlands if they were to play this week, i am realist enough to know/think we most likely don't beat either one. That's what makes sports cool to me, wondering if this is the best Richlands team ever,etcc. Would the 02,03 GC teams wear both of them out?

Anyway, i am rambling and getting ready for the Thanksgiving feast. Good luck to all the teams left in the running, play hard, fans yell hard, and everyone stay safe. (why can't we all get along?) :)

..folks seem to take any type of criticism or dissenting opinion as an attack. We all have opinions, and i love to hear what other folks have to say. I also am one who supports the local teams when GC loses and the season is over. I like to pick/give my opinions of games too. Heck, i have even missed a couple over the years :) too many folks get upset if say, i picked Richlands by 6 td's over Abingdon, now i hate Abingdon. Uh, no! I just think Richlands will beat Abingdon by 6 td's. (don't get excited falconman just an example)

This is aimed at this entire post not me, or anyone i have had conversations with. I love to watch teams and players who bust their butts and can shake hands after. Do your best, and if it is not good enough shake the hand of the folks who beat you. Someone has to win every time you play. If i go out in the driveway and play pickup basketball, i am going to try and beat your brains in and then i'll go in and eat dinner with you.

As a big lifelong GC fan i expected to beat Bluefield and Richlands this year. After watching a quarter against the Blues, i saw that probably wasn't going to happen without a little luck. Bluefield had one of the better defenses and schemes i have seen in a few years, they bent but never broke. Very athletic line. Looking back as a true blue fan, i would like to think GC would score against Bluefield and Richlands if they were to play this week, i am realist enough to know/think we most likely don't beat either one. That's what makes sports cool to me, wondering if this is the best Richlands team ever,etcc. Would the 02,03 GC teams wear both of them out?

Anyway, i am rambling and getting ready for the Thanksgiving feast. Good luck to all the teams left in the running, play hard, fans yell hard, and everyone stay safe. (why can't we all get along?) :)

Good post !

That's what makes this site and sites like this one so great ! We can get on here and talk football and pull for our team and for the most part, have a good time doing it. (There are a few exceptions...lol )

I've also made some friends on here from different towns and had some great conversations with them !

Happy Holidays to everyone and safe travels to any that have to travel this weekend !

Good luck to all the area teams that are still in the playoffs !

I don't think littltiger was upset about someone thinking HONAKER was going to loose,that's good modivation for the TIGERS.I believe he thinks Richlands and Honaker should support one another being they are so geographically close and don't compete for district or state championships against each other.I believe for the most part they do but it only takes one bad apple.He didn't say he would not pull for them it just makes it tuff.

ps-I would at least pick a team within the same classification before I started bragging about stomping's.

Even if he is only upset because he thinks Richlands should support Honaker, that's still silly and childish. What makes him think an entire community should automatically pull for another team...just because they are geographically closer, and then hold an entire town accountable for the prediction of one fan?

By the way, I really hope Honaker wins this game. Half of my family is from Honaker...heck my last name is Honaker. But that doesnt mean I have to predict them to win.

I say GC-35 Honaker 14.

PS- I wasn't bragging about the win, nothing to brag about, honestly. I was simply stating why I thought he was upset at Richlands. You guys sure are sensitive.

Edited by BigBlueAlum