Lil'Leonards_Losers (Week 14) Thanksgiving Play-off Plater (its a BIG 1)

Leonards_Losers

Ever since the VHSL decided to award points for losing in their power rating system, Percy has been ticked off worst than a BLUE TICK HOUND with fleas, madder than Cousins FAYLENE & GAYLENNE when Southboud and Falconman stood them up before the Grundy Game.

The Lil’Leonard Staff suggested this PLAY-OFF format the year after the VHSL started their new power ratings. This play-off format would divide the state in half for Class A (C-D & A-B) Class AA (III-IV & I-II) Class AAA could match up regions like A & AA or rotate them yearly. FOR EXAMPLE, the top 16 teams in Division 3 in Regions III &IV would be ranked 1-16 according to the power rating scale, with the highest seeds hosting. This would create some matchups in the playoff that would never occur during the regular season. (Ex. Wilson Memorial-Grundy, Spotswood-Richlands) The playoff season would be 5 games and since some regions are already playing 3 regional games, state semi & finals would not be a problem. We would love to see the finals go back to the school sites, but knowing how the VHSL is about the BENJAMINS, this will never happen. They should work out something to host at VaTech(West) UVA (Central) Richmond or William & Mary (EAST) with a 3 year rotation at the designated sites.

Lil’Leonard_Losers Faithful, What do you think about this play-off plan? Below is a look at how the teams would have matched up in the play-offs this season for Region C-D and Region III-IV.

D-1

1. Clintwood 16. Rye Cove

2. East Montgomery 15. St. Paul

3. J.I. Burton 14. Rural Retreat

4. Bath Co 13. Haysi

5. Galax 12. Covington

6. Hurley 11. Craig Co.

7. Twin Springs 10. Tom Walker

8. Castlewood 9. Appalachia

D-2

1. Gate City 16. James River

2. Radford 15. Va. High

3. Chilhowie 14. Giles

4. Ft. Chiswell 13. Coeburn

5. Powell Valley 12. Glenvar

6. J.J. Kelly 11. Floyd Co.

7. George Wythe 10. Lebanon

8. Grayson Co. 9. Honaker

D-3

1. Richlands 16. Spotswood

2. Liberty (Bedford) 15. Marion

3. Northside 14. Rustburg

4. Brookeville 13. Rockbridge

5. Cave Spring 12. Ft. Defiance

6. Alleghany 11. Martinsville

7. Grundy 10. Wilson Memorial

8. R.E. Lee 9. Stuarts Draft

D-4

1. Christiansburg 16. Jefferson Forest (2-8)

2. Harrisonburg 15. William Byrd

3. Amherst Co. 14. Blacksburg

4. Salem 13. Abingdon

5. Magna Vista 12. Turner Ashby

6. Broadway 11. Heritage

7. Staunton River 10. Bassett

8. Carroll Co. 9. E.C. Glass

And now this week’s picks

J.I. Burton vs. Clintwood

Folks , this rematch almost didn’t happen. O’Leonards favorite team went to the Big City last week and almost pulled the upset. The Raiders were body slammed, closed lined, leg dropped, put in the Figure 4, and was given the People’s Elbow in their contest with Hurley last week. They were physical beat to death, but they found a way to win. The old saying goes like this “power punishes but speed killsâ€â€ stood true. This week the Raiders will face the LPD champions of the World in a rematch in a steel cage on the Green Carpet at UVA – Wise. This match is a season ending match with the loser doing inventory Monday morning. Last week Clintwood cursed to an easy victory over the TOBACCO SPITTIN’ Districts representative Twin Springs. Percy told me that Twin Springs managed to get just 6 first downs the entire game. Can Burton handle another physical contest? Can the Green Wave power their way to another victory over the City Boys? I just wonder if the local pharmacy has enough CARPET BURN CREAM for the Raiders…..I’m sure the Green Boys will take a Magic Carpet Ride back to Dickenson County Saturday afternoon.

Lil’Leonards_Losers – J.I. Burton

Gate City Vs. Honaker

How nice it is!!!!!! A BLACK DIAMOND TEAM gave Dr. Phil his last loss. After decades of making light of the BDD, its ironic this loss was to a MEDIOCRE HONAKER team. Just how mediocre? We will find out Saturday! Regardless of the outcome it has been a good year for the BIG “A†MOUNTAIN CLAN. On the opposite side-line is PRIDE AND TRADITION. “BEEN THERE DONE THAT†is their MOTTO. The only losses for the “Real Blue Devils†came from the Big Blue Wind Machine and The Mighty, Mighty BEAVERS. I know Ol’ Doug would like to get another feather on his cap, but beating Dr. Phil last week was as nice of a feather as it gets. (Ol’ Doug is now the Dean of Southwest Virginia Head Coaches)

Lil’Leonards_Losers – Honaker

Magna Vista at Christiansburg

Look for the BLUE DEMONS to run another team out of town. Rumor has it that they have already chased one team out of the region.

Lil’Leonards_Losers – Magna Vista

Cave Spring @ Richlands

Can you hear it? The Knights of Roanoke are on a mission to Ernie Hicks Stadium to stop the Big Blue Wind Machine. The Blues have destroyed all competition so far, but the Knights may have the keys to the THRONE. The Keys are #11 and #6, speed demons. However, the BBWM can counter with speed of their own. Penalties and turnovers will decide this game. But not to worry Percy’s cousin said that if it weren’t for the G-town faithful, they couldn’t have paid the officials last week. No-one really cares about Cave Spring in Roanoke, there to busy pickin’ out X-mas trees. But in the Jewell Valley football means everything, unless they shut down the Mines in Buchanan County.

Lil’Leonards_Losers – Cave Spring

Galax @ Eastern Montgomery

The Maroon Tide of Furniture Town will be making their 2nd trip of the season to Elliston to try and avenge a 38-26 setback earlier in the year. The Tide from Furniture Town have put a SHELLAC-ING on their last 5 foes and are looking to round up a herd of wild MUSTANGS for the Furniture Town Glue Factory. But Folks, no need to worry about these fast PONIES, they’ll leave the SHELLACERS in a cloud of SAWDUST on their way to Clintwood.

Lil’Leonards_Losers – Galax (For you old Clintwood fans – these mustangs may have speed like the Bowling Green Team in the 70’s)

I'm not sure who stated that I work at the High School. Actually I know who stated it, but they have no clue what they're talking about. I also believe they're off of this board now.

Maybe you should mind your own business though......Im not sure where the personal attacks come from, but you dont want to get into that game with me.

And I'm sorry but you cant be fired for being on a message board, especially when 90% of the area coaches are members of local sports boards. You should look at the CMD board sometime. They're all on there with *undercover* usernames. .

Edited by battleftbl

Hey Leo Loser, will you ask those girls if they are interested in going to visit Space Mountain with me & Falconman Friday night. I think we are going to watch Richlands lose. ;)

Seems like your little feline picked Martinsville to beat the blues last week.......how did that turn out !

I'll tell you one thing though, this will be a good tough game and probably the closest game that the Blues will have played all year !

To much respect for Cave to say anything other then for it to be a close game.

But the Blues will come out on top !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Dont get mad just because everybody knows who you are. But hey i guess we are all jealous because everyone wants a job like yours. I might call Jeff or my buddy on the board and get a job like that in big washington county.

lol, grow up kid.

Im not even going to continue this with you on someone else's post. No sense in turning a decent post into something stupid. You know what they say about arguing with an idiot anyway.

Lets start talking about these picks again, which is what the post was intended for.