East mont. Welcome to d.c.

cwood78

Some quick directions for the EM faithful,

Drive about 2 hours down 81, get off at Abingdon(its not much so dont take the time to look around) head towards Hansonville on 19 at the redlight in Hansonville(its the only one) turn left(its the only way to turn) onto US 58 ALT. Hang a right at St. Paul and over the mountain toward Dante(its pronounced Daint), then on a ways through Lower Bearwallow, Upper Bearwollow, go past Dante, Trammel(stop here, lots of history and society to take in). On through Nora, past McClure to Fremont, take a left at over the bridge and over the mountain, go past 83 Gas and Grocery up another mountain and you are there! or maybe they will come through Norton or to Coeburn and accross 72? anyway dont get lost. lol

It should be a great game, too bad I wont be able to watch it

Edited by redtiger

its all kind of a tease, espicially the bearwallows and the jabs at Abingdon and Trammel.

In all seriousness that is the quicker way but all you need to know is St. Paul, Fremont and Clintwood. The other stuff is like saying follow 81 past/through Salem, C'burg, Radford, Dublin, Pulaski, etc

Going through Norton is the longest way around but has the best roads, follow 58 to Norton go through the first redlight and take the ramp right to US 23 follow it to the first Pound exit, take it and go into Pound, in the middle of town is a 3 way intersection turn right (accross bridge and past fire dept) and follow to Clintwood(about 10-15 minutes).

I would go to Saint Paul and accross route 63, the roads arent great but its alot faster. Legend is right please check your breaks it really could get bad!

I mean its Dickenson County there is no quick way. Probably the only county in VA without a single inch of 4 lane

The football field is on your right just past Long John Silvers, park where you can(good luck)

If you went up and down that mountain on a daily basis...you'd have to change brake pads every 2 weeks on a vehical...its hell on a brakes...

and I hope the stop by trammel comment was a joke...god I hope it was at least..

Trammel > Abingdon lol.....Southbound Falconman, you guys out there

EM fans please dont stop in Trammel.

There is a LJSilvers, Hardees, Pizza Hut, McDs, Pizza Plus(good salads/hoagies pizza is average, 1/4 of a mile on your left from end of rt 72, thats where I would go, good service and clean bathrooms). There is also a Rite Aid near the field and a small Grocery store

I love DC and wouldnt change much about it!

Edited by redtiger

I live over by the dam, wonderful place to live.

Ive been to Knoxville, Tampa, Richmond(thats about it, I know its sad) and of course the tri-cities!(lol), but there really is no place like home

Edited by redtiger

You all should stop by Wah-Wah's house along the way...he'll be happy you came.

I live over by the dam, wonderful place to live.

Ive been to Knoxville, Tampa, Richmond(thats about it, I know its sad) and of course the tri-cities!(lol), but there really is no place like home

Probably the only county in VA without a single inch of 4 lane

There's a few other counties in Virginia without 4 lanes - pretty sure that Bath, Craig, Floyd, Highland, Mathews and Charles City fall in that category.

Edited by great_state

its all kind of a tease, espicially the bearwallows and the jabs at Abingdon and Trammel.

In all seriousness that is the quicker way but all you need to know is St. Paul, Fremont and Clintwood. The other stuff is like saying follow 81 past/through Salem, C'burg, Radford, Dublin, Pulaski, etc

Going through Norton is the longest way around but has the best roads, follow 58 to Norton go through the first redlight and take the ramp right to US 23 follow it to the first Pound exit, take it and go into Pound, in the middle of town is a 3 way intersection turn right (accross bridge and past fire dept) and follow to Clintwood(about 10-15 minutes).

I would go to Saint Paul and accross route 63, the roads arent great but its alot faster. Legend is right please check your breaks it really could get bad!

I mean its Dickenson County there is no quick way. Probably the only county in VA without a single inch of 4 lane

The football field is on your right just past Long John Silvers, park where you can(good luck)

Highland County.

Through Vansant is probably more direct, the roads(83) suck from Vansant to Clintwood(espicially from Vansant to haysi), not to mention its probably an hour and a half bus ride (everyone would be car sick) on second thought, EM thats the best way to go lol!

In light of tomorrows expected weather I thought I would just put it out there where the local Hotels are for anyone from EM headed to Clintwood, in case you guys decide to lay over for the night.

The Southern Heritage Inn is located right in the middle of town, nice rooms and affordable but it isint very big. Thats it for Clintwood, the next closest thing is the Southern Heritage Inn in Pound, its about 1 1/2 miles past Pound on 23 headed toward Wise, details are same as above its just not close to anything except 23. After that just follow 23 to Norton and there are alot of options (Super 8. Holiday Inn, etc). There is another choice in Pound but given the option I would drive on to Norton, but if the weather is bad and you cant make it to Norton(the streach of road about 3 miles past Pound to Norton gets bad fast in winter) there is a Motel just outside of Pound on the left, I forget the name but its a trashy kinda place but better than your car.

Lets hope it doesent get that bad

I don't expect it to get very bad till later this evening..past 7 pm...they usually keep the main roads clear unless it snows like it did last dec...main roads being the ones from clintwood to norton...

true but just in case I thought I would give them some details. Spending the night in Abingdon may not be a bad idea though. But I really dont think it is gonna get that bad.

IF the snow is laying on the roads just to be safe it may be best to go through Pound and Wise and not go over the mountain, as I said before its alot longer but the roads are better and should be clearer.

83 west to Pound then 23 North to Norton/Wise then 58 East to Hansonville then continue on 58/19 to Abingdon then 81 north to home

Safe travels to everyone; EM, Richlands and Gate City. Not to mention the home fans. Be careful out there!

Edited by redtiger