Abingdon loses home opener to Cats

Bigfootballfan

Virginia High beat Abingdon in OT tonight 58-57. It was a great game, VHS started out on fire and lead 26-10 early, the Falcons battled back and had a shot to win it at the buzzer in regulation. In overtime they took a 5 point lead and VHS stayed calm and #24 hit a 3 at the buzzer to win. The officials were horrible.

If you wasn't there you missed a good one!

Virginia High beat Abingdon in OT tonight 58-57. It was a great game, VHS started out on fire and lead 26-10 early, the Falcons battled back and had a shot to win it at the buzzer in regulation. In overtime they took a 5 point lead and VHS stayed calm and #24 hit a 3 at the buzzer to win. The officials were horrible.

If you wasn't there you missed a good one!

Ok,it was a great game but the officials were horrible?? Couldn't have been a great game if you were on the losing end of poor officiating.

Ok,it was a great game but the officials were horrible?? Couldn't have been a great game if you were on the losing end of poor officiating.

The ref's missed numerous calls all night on both sides of the ball, and no being on losing side didn't feel good I guess, oh I wouldn't know VHS beat SWD best or are the Falcons????

The ref's missed numerous calls all night on both sides of the ball, and no being on losing side didn't feel good I guess, oh I wouldn't know VHS beat SWD best or are the Falcons????

I get what your saying,sounds like it was a real close competetive game. I've seen a game come down to just one bad call and it nullifies all the hard work that was put forth in the whole game. Did Jacob Hess play for the Falcons tonight?

I get what your saying,sounds like it was a real close competetive game. I've seen a game come down to just one bad call and it nullifies all the hard work that was put forth in the whole game. Did Jacob Hess play for the Falcons tonight?

yes and he had a big hand in getting them back in the game he hit quite a few 3's till VHS put their best defender on him and that was it. The kid can flat out play though!

yes and he had a big hand in getting them back in the game he hit quite a few 3's till VHS put their best defender on him and that was it. The kid can flat out play though!

Ok, He is going to be in our All-Star senior football game at Science Hill on Dec18th. I hear he is a good football player also.

Ok, He is going to be in our All-Star senior football game at Science Hill on Dec18th. I hear he is a good football player also.

Yeah Jake is awesome, ever since I played football in recess with him I thought he was a awesome player. Now he is getting recognition for it, making the Wachovia player of the week and he just recently won another player of the week I believe, it may have been more than just the week I'm really not sure yet. But he is one of the best Abingdon players on the field and on the court. As coach John Bowles said, Most quarterbacks play as a sergeant or a major, but Jake plays like a General. He knows every aspect of the game and knows what everybody needs to be doing in every play and if they are doing it right. You will enjoy having him on a team with you! Best part about him is despite all he has earned, none of it goes to his head. He still treats every person the same, prep or the kid hiding behind the vending machines so nobody sees him. Nine times out of ten Jake is the guy who will go to that kid and try to make them feel more confident. That is the way his mom taught him to be as a person, and he plays like his dad taught him to be as a player.