Tell me this wouldn't be a great 5 weeks of football...

VivaFutbol

I hope i see it in my lifetime.... I think it will happen one of these days but it will probably take outside pressure (congress, Lawsuits, etc) to make it a reality.

The guy who wrote this article also wrote a book titled "Death to the BCS" which is an unbelievable book and if most of the fans out there actually knew how this system works they would not stand for it to continue as is....

To make it a true NCAA championship you have to have all the conference's represented. So IMO it has to be at least 16 because you would always have some at large teams from the majors....

This would make twice the money as the current setup overall. Just not for the big conferences. And that is who will fight it. They don't like to give that money or power up.... But it is past time.....

To make it a true NCAA championship you have to have all the conference's represented. So IMO it has to be at least 16 because you would always have some at large teams from the majors....

This would make twice the money as the current setup overall. Just not for the big conferences. And that is who will fight it. They don't like to give that money or power up.... But it is past time.....

Why do you have to have all the conference champions? Why not let the best teams settle it on the field. The Big East is terrible this year. A 5 or 6 lost team has no right to have the chance to play for a NC. Have a playoff, but dont make it where its like the NBA or NFL, it de-values the regular season. The playoff should be for the elite teams, not because they win a crappy conference.

Why do you have to have all the conference champions? Why not let the best teams settle it on the field.

Without playing the games, how do you know just exactly who the best teams are??? A 16-team playoff would settle it on the field...the little guys will have their chance and the big boys will play for the title in the end...

Without playing the games, how do you know just exactly who the best teams are??? A 16-team playoff would settle it on the field...the little guys will have their chance and the big boys will play for the title in the end...

Believe me, I'm not tryin to split hairs G. So Auburn, should have to play FIU? Auburn has went through their non-conference and SEC schedule, now must play 6-6 FIU. I think AU settled enough on the field that they shouldnt have to prove anything else, risk injuries etc. Lets have a playoff. Lets have the BEST 8, 12, 16, whatever settle it on the field. I just dont think being a conference champion gives you an automatic slot in the tourney. Take the BEST, only the Best. If the SEC or Big 10 has 3 or 4 teams and the Big East Champ or MAC Champ gets left out so be it.

Believe me, I'm not tryin to split hairs G. So Auburn, should have to play FIU? Auburn has went through their non-conference and SEC schedule, now must play 6-6 FIU. I think AU settled enough on the field that they shouldnt have to prove anything else, risk injuries etc. Lets have a playoff. Lets have the BEST 8, 12, 16, whatever settle it on the field. I just dont think being a conference champion gives you an automatic slot in the tourney. Take the BEST, only the Best. If the SEC or Big 10 has 3 or 4 teams and the Big East Champ or MAC Champ gets left out so be it.

What if we left Butler out of the NCAA tourney this past year because they werent one of teh "Elites". Or George Mason a few years ago? The 16 team is perfect. Whos to say Auburn dosnt have a bad game against FIU?

So they are saying the National Champion would have to potentially play 17+ games in one season? That's not ever going to happen...

Reason #1: Major conflicts with players school schedules/exams

Reason #2: 17+ games for a college program is ridiculous

Reason #3: every other logical reason

So they are saying the National Champion would have to potentially play 17+ games in one season? That's not ever going to happen...

Reason #1: Major conflicts with players school schedules/exams

Reason #2: 17+ games for a college program is ridiculous

Reason #3: every other logical reason

Take 1 game off the regular season schedule.

Make it an 8 team field.

Wallah.

You can say the same about the NCAA basketball tournament. Duke went 30-3 through their regular season, now they must play 15-16 Oakland. Everything you say here applies to the big dance.