This guy has some oceanfront property...

GMan

Saban has it MADE in Alabama... he has no reason to leave possibly the best college football program ever in the best conference in the country to go to WVU in a very weak conf.

+ the millions of dollars..

Saban has it MADE in Alabama... he has no reason to leave possibly the best college football program ever in the best conference in the country to go to WVU in a very weak conf.

WVU fan(s): "Oh, it's not about the money... It's about coming 'home'."

haha. I've been a member of that site for about 3 years now and the information from "sources" is insane. Everybody has a source on that site apparentley. Let me give you some of the examples of what people have heard

1. Kansas and K-State are joining the Big East

2. We're changing conferences

3. Saban is coming home

4. Auburns OC is going to be our HC next yr.

5. Rich Rod is coming home

It's pathetic

He wont go to WVU, but I'll bet you my favorite crankbait he wont be in ALA in 5 years.

He wont go to WVU, but I'll bet you my favorite crankbait he wont be in ALA in 5 years.

I’ll see your crankbait and raise you two spinner baits. If he won’t be in Alabama 5 years it will be because he retires in 5 years. Bama is his last coaching stop. He’s almost 60 years old now, and in 5 years at the age of 65 I will guarantee you he won’t take another coaching job. Saban vacations in North Georgia, just a stone’s throw from T-Town, and Alabama people LOVE him. Take that to the bank. I know you’re hoping he would leave Big Orange, but I’m afraid that’s just wishful thinking. He has everything he could ever want at Bama. The best facilities in the country, an adoring fan base, and a blank check.

Most WVU fans aren't even talking about it. It is the few psychos out there who hate Bill Stewart for no reason so they try to start rumors, no matter how off the wall they may be.

Big Orange1:

If you still believe the above statement you’re obviously delusional.

I think it’s safe to say Saban is making ends meet. Check out this “outside income”.

Alabama's Nick Saban reported making $830,683 in outside income last year. By comparison, Ohio State's Jim Tressel reported $376,389 in outside income, LSU's Les Miles was at $154,000 and Oklahoma's Bob Stoops was at $100,000. Clearly, Alabama's success has paid Saban handsomely, both in his contract with the university and in outside income.

Top 25 Highest-Paid Coaches by Guaranteed Annual Income

(Team's 2010 record in parentheses)

1. Nick Saban, Alabama: $5,166,666 (9-3)

2. Mack Brown, Texas: $5,100,000 (5-7)

3. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma: $4,275,000 (11-2)

4. Urban Meyer, Florida: $4,010,00 (7-5)

5. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa: $3,775,000 (7-5)

6. Les Miles, LSU: $3,751,000 (10-2)

7. Jim Tressel, Ohio State: $3,512,000 (11-1)

8. Jim Grobe, Wake Forest: $2,939,475 (3-9)

9. Mark Richt, Georgia: $2,811,340 (6-6)

10. Bobby Petrino, Arkansas: $2,700,000 (10-2)

11. Gary Pinkel, Missouri: $2,550,000 (10-2)

12. Rich Rodriguez, Michigan: $2,515,180 (7-5)

13. Houston Nutt, Ole Miss: $2,500,000 (4-8)

14. Chip Kelly, Oregon: $2,400,000 (12-0)

15. Paul Johnson, Georgia Tech: $2,300,000 (6-6)

16. Jeff Tedford, Cal: $2,300,000 (5-7)

17. June Jones, SMU: $2,142,056 (7-6)

18. Derek Dooley, Tennessee: $2,118,391 (6-6)

T-19. Gene Chizik, Auburn: $2,100,000 (13-0)

T-19. Turner Gill, Kansas: $2,100,000 (3-9)

T-19. Bo Pelini, Nebraska: $2,100,000 (10-3)

22. Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech: $2,043,000 (11-2)

23. Ralph Friedgen, Maryland: $2,036,306 (8-4)

24. Steve Spurrier, South Carolina: $2,000,000 (9-4)

25. Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State: $1,925,000 (10-2)

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/12/coaches_salaries.html

Edited by blueinbama

8. Jim Grobe, Wake Forest: $2,939,475 (3-9)

That one is the real "head scratcher" although this one is a close second...

5. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa: $3,775,000 (7-5)

That one is the real "head scratcher" although this one is a close second...

Ferentz isn't as much of one as is Jim Grobe.

Grobe has been nothing short of craptastic without Riley "Playgirl" Skinner and those twenty-five 5th-year seniors. He's riding that ACC title on the fumes of its fumes. I hate saying that about a UVA grad, but it's true.

my take on saban thing is following: too much time on people's hands...stewart will finish out contract next year....offensive coorinator in good position to get Kent State job with his ties to the university and state of Ohio...I do look for a new head coach in the year 2012...that is all....people are ignorant.

Big East Coaches Salaries

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/15978/big-east-coaches-salaries

USA Today has come out with its annual survey of college football coaches' salaries, so let's take a look at where the Big East headset-wearers check in, from highest-paid to lowest:

Greg Schiano, Rutgers: $2 million

Skip Holtz, South Florida: $1.7 million

Charlie Strong, Louisville: $1.6 million

Randy Edsall, Connecticut: $1.55 million

Butch Jones, Cincinnati: $1.015 million

Dave Wannstedt, Pittsburgh: $1.01 million

Bill Stewart, West Virginia: $933,000

(Some important notes: Doug Marrone's salary is not subject to public records because Syracuse is a private school. Connecticut declined to release information about additional compensation Edsall receives from a shoe/apparel contract and his annual camp. Wannstedt's salary is from a federal tax return and not from his contract.)

Wannstedt made plenty of money from the NFL and didn't need an exorbitant salary; if the Panthers go after a big-time coordinator or established head coach, they may need to pay more in the range of what Louisville and South Florida dished out for their first-year head coaches.

Finally, a cheeky stat for the seven guys whose salary is known: 2010 wins per dollar made

Stewart: $103,6666 per win

Wannstedt $144,285 per win

Edsall: $193,750 per win

Holtz: $242,857 per win

Jones: $253,750 per win

Strong: $266,666 per win

Schiano: $500,000 per win