Who are Grundy's 2011 non-district FB opponents?

hoard

• 2 weeks later...

I heard East Ridge KY, Lebanon, Castlewood, Pikeville KY, Shelby Valley KY, and South Floyd KY

from what I heard, only 8 games have been scheduled and a few of these are not set in stone yet.... notice Honaker is missing and Pikeville nor south floyd is listed:

lebanon, appy, castlewood, east ridge, shelby valley, twin valley, hurley, haysi.

grundy plays honaker hurley twinvalley haysi them is distric games they are for shure playing them

from what i've heard the Honaker game is not a done deal yet...not even close...Grundy is trying to fill the schedule and Honaker isn't willing to change the date...Grundy doesn't have to play them and would get more points from a AA team...if they can fill it with an AA team then Honaker will be looking to fill that date with another game.

from what i've heard the Honaker game is not a done deal yet...not even close...Grundy is trying to fill the schedule and Honaker isn't willing to change the date...Grundy doesn't have to play them and would get more points from a AA team...if they can fill it with an AA team then Honaker will be looking to fill that date with another game.

I heard this same thing a little while back and that is kinda the reason I started that earlier thread about not having to play in a district.

I would like to see Grundy and Honaker on the field. I can't remember if they have ever played each other in football. I always wondered how they would match up year in and year out.

I heard this same thing a little while back and that is kinda the reason I started that earlier thread about not having to play in a district.

I would like to see Grundy and Honaker on the field. I can't remember if they have ever played each other in football. I always wondered how they would match up year in and year out.

Should be mandatory that you play if your in the same district....If you dont play them you forfiet. Thats the way it should be.

Should be mandatory that you play if your in the same district....If you dont play them you forfiet. Thats the way it should be.

it would be a hit in the district to both teams as far as that goes....but, with the playoffs being on points, winning the district doesnt mean much.

it would be a hit in the district to both teams as far as that goes....but, with the playoffs being on points, winning the district doesnt mean much.

Bottom line is, Honaker will not change open dates that both teams have, so that Grundy can pick up another game. Grundy has a game scheduled on 10-14-11, and it is not with Honaker.

Edited by olewave

Bottom line is, Honaker will not change open dates that both teams have, so that Grundy can pick up another game. Grundy has a game schedule on 10-14-11, and it is not with Honaker.

maybe Honaker can play Richlands twice then :)

Hubbard must not think he can compete ....I wouldnt call it conflicting dates on his part I'd say he's ducking Grundy. If it walks like a duck,quacks like a duck etc etc etc..

The word is that he is wanting the date after richlands as an open week. To fit Grundy in he would have to move a team in that date.

The word is that he is wanting the date after richlands as an open week. To fit Grundy in he would have to move a team in that date.

Haysi and Hurley have agreed to swap dates, thus opening the same spot for Grundy and Honaker to play. Like it has been said, you do not need districts for single a football.

Why is it necessary he has the date after Richlands open?

WORK IT OUT! Districts may not be necessary but they are the way it is done currently and I really doubt that Honaker is trying to avoid Grundy.

I doubt Honaker is trying to dodge Grundy...not sure why they would? But..I do think they are not doing Grundy any favors with moving the date so Grundy can pick up other games to fill it's schedule...they have to do what they have to do to get 10 games, if that means no Honaker because Honaker won't change dates...I don't blame Grundy one bit.