Auburn vs. Oregon

vthokies4life

I love college football... but I'm having trouble getting excited about this game. What's more exciting is the fact that this game has become insanely expensive to go to. Here's an article about it.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2011/01/09/bcs-title-game-ticket-has-become-the-most-expensive-in-us-sports/

Of all games, I didn't expect Auburn vs. Oregon (played in Glendale, Arizona) to be the game that the ticket prices jumped so high. I mean, could you imagine paying $1,000 to go to a football game... and consider it a bargain?

I love college football... but I'm having trouble getting excited about this game. What's more exciting is the fact that this game has become insanely expensive to go to. Here's an article about it.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2011/01/09/bcs-title-game-ticket-has-become-the-most-expensive-in-us-sports/

Of all games, I didn't expect Auburn vs. Oregon (played in Glendale, Arizona) to be the game that the ticket prices jumped so high. I mean, could you imagine paying $1,000 to go to a football game... and consider it a bargain?

That.

And another reason I can't get excited about this game is because my hiney is still sore from Stanford's foot.

Why I can't get excited:

1. Auburn's best player is a flagrant cheater, and I will always believe this to be so.

2. Oregon has had more thugs than Leavenworth in the last 5 years.

3. I won't be able to watch this game due to my bar prep course. Yay, contracts.

4. Yes, the ticket prices are exceedingly outrageous. I don't have money to piss away like that.

Sorry guys, I think that this is going to be an epic game. Im an SEC guy but I like Oregon. Oregon scored 52 on Stanford's defense, which was unbelievable against Va Tech. I cant wait, besides UT's National Championship game in 1/1999, I'm more excited about this one than any other NC game I can remember. As far as ticket prices, I guess the supply-demand thing are driving up prices. I think its refreshing to see someone besides Bama, Florida, Ohio St., Oklahoma, LSU, or Texas.

Here ya go

Oregon 42

AU 38

Sorry guys, I think that this is going to be an epic game. Im an SEC guy but I like Oregon. Oregon scored 52 on Stanford's defense, which was unbelievable against Va Tech. I cant wait, besides UT's National Championship game in 1/1999, I'm more excited about this one than any other NC game I can remember. As far as ticket prices, I guess the supply-demand thing are driving up prices. I think its refreshing to see someone besides Bama, Florida, Ohio St., Oklahoma, LSU, or Texas.

Here ya go

Oregon 42

AU 38

VT made a good defense look like the best defense in the country. Not the other way around. Not trying to take away anything from Stanford as they as a team are very good and better than VT. I just think VT prepared very poorly for another big game and got the $hit beat outta them.

Here ya go

Oregon 42

AU 38

You nailed it when you said it would be an epic game. I actually enjoyed it. Congrats Auburn on a National Championship. Congrats Oregon on being named 2011 National Champions in a couple of years when we find out the extent of Auburn's booster activity.

You nailed it when you said it would be an epic game. I actually enjoyed it. Congrats Auburn on a National Championship. Congrats Oregon on being named 2011 National Champions in a couple of years when we find out the extent of Auburn's booster activity.

bahahahahaha. This is a possibility. ACC went 4-5 in bowl games and so did the SEC.

LMAO if this was Facebook i would like that comment good sir

HAHA.....They will have to name TCU National Champions right?

Sounds like your talking about Richlands?

So much for the theory that the SEC can’t handle a high powered Pac 10 (12) offense. Defense wins championships. Who knows what will happen with the Cam Newton investigation, but Auburn’s defense won this game hands down. This is hard for a Bama fan to say, but congrats to Auburn on their first National Championship in 53 years! Let’s hope it takes you 53 more to get another one!

Guest The Variable
So much for the theory that the SEC can’t handle a high powered Pac 10 (12) offense. Defense wins championships. Who knows what will happen with the Cam Newton investigation, but Auburn’s defense won this game hands down. This is hard for a Bama fan to say, but congrats to Auburn on their first National Championship in 53 years! Let’s hope it takes you 53 more to get another one!

I dont think that a win by a field goal is a testament to SEC domination over another Conference. BOTH Defenses played excellent and Auburn could have just as easily lost this game. They gave up many big plays and 2 two-point conversions and at least one punt fake (I cant remember if there was another one).

I thought your last comment was hilarious though.

I dont think that a win by a field goal is a testament to SEC domination over another Conference. BOTH Defenses played excellent and Auburn could have just as easily lost this game. They gave up many big plays and 2 two-point conversions and at least one punt fake (I cant remember if there was another one).

I thought your last comment was hilarious though.

That’s not what I said. You might want to read my post again. Auburn proved they can handle the Pac 10 (12) high powered offense. Some were predicting before the game Auburn and the SEC can’t handle the high powered offenses in the Pac 10 (12). Auburn proved them dead wrong. Sorry if you misunderstood my post. I didn’t say anything about SEC domination. I think the BCS Championship games prove that point without me having to say anything.

Edited by blueinbama

That’s not what I said. You might want to read my post again. Auburn proved they can handle the Pac 10 (12) high powered offense. Some were predicting before the game Auburn and the SEC can’t handle the high powered offenses in the Pac 10 (12). Auburn proved them dead wrong. Sorry if you misunderstood my post. I didn’t say anything about SEC domination. I think the BCS Championship games prove that point without me having to say anything.

Bryan Stinespring could've formulated a better gameplan for Auburn than did Oregon's OC. Complete incompetence on Oregon's sideline, running the same broken plays again and again and again and again. Running stretch plays into the teeth of a defense that was clearly prepared for it. Going away from the only consistent thing that worked, bubble screens. Failing to attack Auburn deep consistently, when the safeties were so close to the line.

The best offense on the field last night was on the losing sideline. TBQH, any semi-lucid OC could've scored 30 with them.

You don't think that the owner of Nike isn't doing anything wrong with ORegon? It will come out just wait

You don't think that the owner of Nike isn't doing anything wrong with ORegon? It will come out just wait

We best not go there seeing as how VT is being dubbed the "Oregon of the east" and unfortunately not because we share a flashy, high powered offense.

Nike is our pimp.

Guest The Variable

Oh okay, I must not have heard the same things that you did. Most of what I heard was how Auburn was so much better than the Oregon offense. defense, SOS. Kind of the Boise State sucks arguement. This was going on on ESPN CGD on the radio and in here in my office. Only this week have I heard anyone give real credit to Oregons offense...seemed to me it was only in the interest of being fair sports to both teams. That is what I heard leading up, so I thought you were coming from a different angle than you were.

Bryan Stinespring could've formulated a better gameplan for Auburn than did Oregon's OC.

No he couldn't have. He would have done the same thing all night long like Oregon did...run up the middle and throw bubble screens.

Bryan Stinespring could've formulated a better gameplan for Auburn than did Oregon's OC. Complete incompetence on Oregon's sideline, running the same broken plays again and again and again and again. Running stretch plays into the teeth of a defense that was clearly prepared for it. Going away from the only consistent thing that worked, bubble screens. Failing to attack Auburn deep consistently, when the safeties were so close to the line.

The best offense on the field last night was on the losing sideline. TBQH, any semi-lucid OC could've scored 30 with them.

I will agree Oregon’s play calling was redundant at best...trying to run up the middle against Auburn hasn’t been successful all year by even the best of running teams in the SEC. Bubble screens worked occasionally, but there was very little creative play calling by either team last night. Did you notice the footing was horrible as well? That had an effect on both offenses, but I think it bothered Oregon’s offense more than it bothered Auburn quite honestly. I would have loved to have seen the Ducks hang about 50 on Auburn, but Auburn’s defense was up to the task last night. They pressured the quarterback all game, and didn’t have to blitz that much to do it. That was the key I thought. Oregon’s receivers were covered, and that forced them out of their comfort zone. Oregon also had the ball inside the 5 yard line on two occasions and came away empty. Kick the field goal and take the points for goodness sakes! I think Kelly was too stubborn for his own good in those two cases. Oregon also tried to be way too cute at times. Those kickoff reverse attempts were pathetic. I don’t know what would happen if they played again, but each team had over a month to prepare, and I was disappointed in Oregon’s lack of offensive ingenuity. Maybe Auburn deserves the credit for that after all.

The long TV timeouts seemed to have helped Auburn's defense rest up as well. I thought towards the end of the first quarter that Oregon was going to put up a lot of points the way they had Auburn's defense gassed on that drive.

My 2 cents. Oregon did a nice job containing Cam Newton. Their ends showed great discipline in not letting him escape outside and the LBs kept him from stepping up and making many big runs. That said, Oregon did not play at their usual tempo, and the Auburn front seven controlled the game. Oregon's QB was only able to exploit Auburn's weak secondary for one big play.

Simply put it was a decent game.

I still would like to see a playoff. I would take a 4 team one at this point TCU, Auburn, Oregon, and Stanford.