City of Bluefield...IGNORANCE...again...continued...Part 2,000,001...

Code Enforcement Officer Jose Gonzales stopped my wife's uncle from scraping snow from our driveway and pushing it into the yard across the street. Our neighbor from across the street understands that he can push his snow from his two driveways and into our yard, and does - I can take a pic of it if you want proof, and in turn, allows us to do the same. No issues there. Her uncle does a good job and insures that no snow is left in the street...the street is usually clearer after he's finished than it was before he started.

However, this wasn't good enough for Mr. Gonzales. He told my wife's uncle that he would fine him if he continued to push the snow from our driveway into the yard across the street. Mr. Gonzales stated that it left a hump of snow in the road which could damage a vehicle and/or could tear up the yard and he could cite him that. What about all these people I see shoveling their snow into the middle of the streets around Bluefield, Mr. Gonzales???

My wife's uncle, whose a fiesty sort, finished up and went right up the street to the Mayor's house and knocked on her door to talk to her about this incident, to which she was clueless. Now my wife has been on the phone with two different idiots at the City Hall, including Mr. Gonzales. He even told my wife he could fine her for tearing up her own yard while the other guy was just a plain, old jerk to my wife. REALLY????

Sounds as if someone took a "power trip" on his ride around Bluefield this afternoon...either that or Merriman sent his henchman after me. Either way, says a lot about those attempting to run the City of Bluefield.

Looks like I may have to take my talents to the next City Board meeting...

BTW...City Officials...

Here's an easy way to rid the City of its crow problem...

SHOOT A FEW OF THEM AND THE REST WILL GO AWAY!!!!

Crows aren't as stupid...hell, they may be more intelligent than some of those trying to run this place...

BTW...City Officials...

Here's an easy way to rid the City of its crow problem...

SHOOT A FEW OF THEM AND THE REST WILL GO AWAY!!!!

Crows aren't as stupid...hell, they may be more intelligent than some of those trying to run this place...

Crows and ravens have the highest average intelligence of any other birds.

They would get the hint.

I'd spend a day looking up Bluefield city ordinances if I were you. If it turns out that Gonzales doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, keep doing what you're doing. If he fines you, wave the statute in his face and tell him to take a hike.

Its not just that. If it is an ordinance then fine, we will stop.

HOWEVER, they better enforce the same on ordinance on anyone, and everyone, else who pushes their snow into the street.

This is the second time we've been "singled out". The last time was when we were doing some renovations to our kitchen. Someone from the City stopped by to see if we had all of our permits. Funny thing is, no one else on our street has ever been questioned when they've done work/remodels on their homes...I know because I've asked them. Some of them even admitted to me that they didn't even bother getting a building permit when they had work taking place.

If they are "watching" everyone, that's great but that doesn't seem to be how it is. However, if they want to get into pissing contest, I'm ready to piss on 'em...

why dont we just vote these idiots out next go around>? wouldn't be the first changes from here.

Some of them got the boot the last election. Unfortunately, the Mayor still has her job. As will the dumbarse City Manager until some new blood gets on the BoD...

GMan, the approach you should take is to request that Mr. Gonzales provide you written copies of all the applicable code sections that are germane. Also request that the Solicitor provide you documentation of the number of times these sections have been enforced.

Also if his visit is the result of a citizen complaint, who made it and and when.

Anger plays into their hands, make your requests verbally and back it up in writing. Bureaucrats hate it when someone makes them generate paper to support their actions. Use all of this and the City's responses when you go before the Board to make your case.

GMan, the approach you should take is to request that Mr. Gonzales provide you written copies of all the applicable code sections that are germane. Also request that the Solicitor provide you documentation of the number of times these sections have been enforced.

Also if his visit is the result of a citizen complaint, who made it and and when.

Anger plays into their hands, make your requests verbally and back it up in writing. Bureaucrats hate it when someone makes them generate paper to support their actions. Use all of this and the City's responses when you go before the Board to make your case.

Good idea...make that bastage do a little paperwork. I call him at 4 PM today and request this information and tell him I'll be by his office to pick it up at 5 PM. Then I'll call him at 4:55 PM and tell him I'm tied up in a meeting and won't be able to get there at 5 PM but will pick it up Monday morning at 8 AM.

BTW, there was no "citizen complaint", or at least, they said that there wasn't one. Of course, they said the same thing when they checked for building permits.

Sounds like someone <cough>Mrs. Mayor</cough> is really keeping an eye on us.

To tell you the truth, I think it really galls her's and Bluefield's First Man's stones that I am their neighbor...you know, someone who was their "servant" at the Country Club for all those years now lives in their neighborhood...that should never happen in their minds...

What the hell is a Code Enforcement Officer.

Depending on the community, the Code Enforcement Officer will enforce certain local ordinances that are not seen as the responsibility of the Police Dept. Grass Height, nuisances, abandoned autos, etc. In other communities they do this along with Building Inspection.

Guest The Variable
Depending on the community, the Code Enforcement Officer will enforce certain local ordinances that are not seen as the responsibility of the Police Dept. Grass Height, nuisances, abandoned autos, etc. In other communities they do this along with Building Inspection.

Oh jeeze, the city is one big HOA. With rent-a-cop styled "concerned" citizens.

I dont see how anyone can stand it...right now I am in a POA and I cannot wait to move back out into the boonies where I can do what I damn well please without worrying that my trailer sits beyond the front side of my house or that I have a car without a license plate on it.

Don't try it in Hanover, Henrico or anywhere in Central VA. They have these kind of guys on staff.

The only thing worse than them are the Home Owners Association enforcement dweebs. They are even worse, and you have less recourse.

Don't try it in Hanover, Henrico or anywhere in Central VA. They have these kind of guys on staff.

The only thing worse than them are the Home Owners Association enforcement dweebs. They are even worse, and you have less recourse.

You speaketh the truth. NEVER tie yourself down to a HOA if you can't absolutely avoid it.

1. Rent a pickup truck

2. Shovel snow into the bed of the truck.

3. Drive to Mr. Gonzalez's home.

4. Off load snow into Gonzalez yard.

5. Rinse and Repeat as necessary.

A flaming bag of poo will do just as good with less work...

1. Rent a pickup truck

2. Shovel snow into the bed of the truck.

3. Drive to Mr. Gonzalez's home.

4. Off load snow into Gonzalez yard.

5. Rinse and Repeat as necessary.

I would go with a dump truck, easier to off load.

You might even find a local contractor with a beef that would lend you a Bobcat to load the truck.