heard the Carmichael kid from Greeneville is headed to UT

Lance

heard Willie Carmichael from Greeneville is headed to UT...this kid is amazing...I hope he makes it...best HS Football player I have ever seen...Knoxville might be interesting to visit on Saturdays the next few years.

What position is he expected to play? I know he is a great athlete and a special talent but he really doesent fit in Dooleys Pro-Style Offense which is better suited to power RBs and tall WRs. Wherever they play him im sure he will do fine but im curious as to where that is, DB maybe?

What position is he expected to play? I know he is a great athlete and a special talent but he really doesent fit in Dooleys Pro-Style Offense which is better suited to power RBs and tall WRs. Wherever they play him im sure he will do fine but im curious as to where that is, DB maybe?

i hope they dont turn him in to a DB...kid has great field vision and needs to be involved on offense somewhere...if not at QB maybe WR...I think he would be fine at QB in any system...he looks like a young Mike Vick.

I think DB is where he will end up and he'll be a good one. With Tyler Bray returning as a sophomore and recruit Justin Worley coming in at QB (OMG have you seen this guy?). Carmichael is great, I saw no weakness in the all-star game.

I think DB is where he will end up and he'll be a good one. With Tyler Bray returning as a sophomore and recruit Justin Worley coming in at QB (OMG have you seen this guy?). Carmichael is great, I saw no weakness in the all-star game.

Willie Carmicheal is a good player. Most feel he is better suited for Db position in college. Wonder where his buddy Chaz Story the big fullback will play. He impressed me at the all-star game?

I think at another school he may of had a shot at QB but again Dooleys Pro=Style Offense just isint suited to his skills. I would love to see him stay on the offensive side of the ball and w/ UTs lack of playmakers early in the season and the fact that the Vols really opened it up later in the season maybe he will stay on offense. Maybe in a Percy Harvin sort of role, run some catch some screens reverses occasionally line up at tailback or in the backfield in shotgun sets, just a playmaker position?

i hope they dont turn him in to a DB...kid has great field vision and needs to be involved on offense somewhere...if not at QB maybe WR...I think he would be fine at QB in any system...he looks like a young Mike Vick.

Tennessee is fine at QB started a true freshman last year and he is really good. Maybe they can get the ball in his hands they need all the help they can get.

Tennessee is fine at QB started a true freshman last year and he is really good. Maybe they can get the ball in his hands they need all the help they can get.

I'd say they will give him a shot at QB...will be hard to beat him out of the job...saw him play live a couple of times this year and the guy can fly...one of those players that makes it look easy but pulls away from everyone on the field once he gets a step on ya. He has an arm, is accurate, can run, plays smart, and wins...dont know what else you would need from a QB. Eagles had a QB that was the next big thing until Vick went off...UT will have to see what they have when they get him on the field...he will contribute somewhere I'm sure.

m sure he will be on the field and I think that may bewhat keeps him from playing QB. It would be hard to put Bray on the bench to start a true freshmen and he is too talented to let sit on the bench for very long. I think he will be a real playmaker for the Vols, Wildcat QB, TB, WR all over the place

Willie is a "sign and place" candidate because he will not qualify academically. They are recruiting him strictly as a DB. I think they are going to try and get him into Fork Union Military Academy in order to qualify. They will not have the numbers available for him even if he did qualify...they have some SERIOUSLY good guys signing this year to play DB...some of which are juco transfers and are ready to play now. The most UT can sign this year is 28 and their biggest need is DL and Willie ain't playing DL obviously. They are in on some great players for DL but it's waiting for NSD (national signing day) that's killing everybody. Right now we have too many guys that are considering us...some of which we KNOW won't be coming here, but there are a number of 4 star guys heavily considering us (them). It will be an exciting next Wednesday! ESPNU at 9 a.m.