Egypt

Guest The Variable
Just citing territorial imperialism of Britain. The Lebanese tragic history sees the hand of the French. As for Hamas and Hezbollah one is the hidden hand of the Syrians the other is sponsored by our former 'friends' the Iranians. Both groups exist for a soul purpose of a Palestinian state and the end of Israel. (By the way, Palestine was another British Territory and blunder.)

By the way, weren't the Republican Guards part of the military of the sovereign nation whose leader we overthrew on spurious grounds? (WMDs)

I have never made any statement nor have I inferred anything about Sharia law. What I said is that we blunder when we try to force our believes and world view on others.

They could care less about palestine. You are right about isreal, but I dare say that if Isreal fell tomorrow, that the Palestinians would ever see an acre more than they have. The whole area would be swallowed up like Germany after WW2 with each islamic nation involved taking a piece.

As for sovereignty...I fear I have come to the conclusion that some people just do not enjoy freedom. It seems to be not for everyone. Before Democracy, and even after, people have lived in bliss under the dominion of a state or monarchy. Often ignorance is bliss and such is our enemy in the middle east. Islam is a cruel religion and suffers no bit of free will, and I feel it is often the most exploited religion in the world. Its used to subjugate women like cattle, and goats like women. A Christian man, I have the feeling God weeps over what the "holy land" has become, but we live in a wide world and as I told a friend earlier today, I have hung up my spurs and rifle and would only willingly pick them up if such madness came to our country. Fortunately, our culture and attitude shuns religious oppression and we have prospered greatly, and our worries are relatively trivial.

you know some idiots here will try to pull this crap and fail (mainly because of the lack of rocks in our major roadways, so nothing to throw)...it will be funny to watch.

I have never made any statement nor have I inferred anything about Sharia law. What I said is that we blunder when we try to force our believes and world view on others.

I couldn't disagree more. Please opine on post WWII German and Japan?

To stay on the original post topic, the U.S. need a concise, specific strategy for the EXCLUSION of agents of radical islamization, post Mubarik (sp?)

Guest The Variable
Mubarak GONE!

I fear they just traded the proverbial giant douche for the crap sandwitch.

I fear they just traded the proverbial giant douche for the crap sandwitch.

You've got to love a good dictator like Mubarak. He comes to power after Sadat is killed by rogue army officers in 1981 and declares a state of emergency that is still in effect, unless the army has rescinded it. The state of emergency bans all political opposition and dissent. While he brings stability, he manages to amass a fortune estimated at $80 billion.

Do I think American style democracy will work in Egypt, where there is little history to build on? No. I expect there will be for the Arab world a loosening of the yoke. At best we can hope it becomes like Turkey and not an hereditary kingdom like Saudi Arabia or an theocratic dictatorship like Iran.

Mubarak is done, he just may not have figured it out yet. The final straw will be the military turning their back on him to restore order. Historically, that has been the root of power in Egypt.

I called this one right.

Egypt has always been a military dictatorship disguising itself as something else. This goes back to Nasser and the 1950's. The thing I found shocking was the fact that the military controls 40% of the economy including the media, shopping malls and manufacturers.

I won't be surprised it in a few months the Egyptians most popular song is "Won't Get Fooled Again" by the Who. "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Edited by Hacker

Guest The Variable
I called this one right.

Egypt has always been a military dictatorship disguising itself as something else. This goes back to Nasser and the 1950's. The thing I found shocking was the fact that the military controls 40% of the economy including the media, shopping malls and manufacturers.

I won't be surprised it in a few months the Egyptians most popular song is "Won't Get Fooled Again" by the Who. "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Excellent prediction, I though he was a dead man. Its always an advantage when you use history to predict the future.

I saw Ron Paul on PMSNBC the other day, and he was stating that we as a nation were just waiting to see who the next dictator was so we could line up behind him. I fear that he is right. We would do well to let these folks settle things out for themselves and stop meddling in foreign affairs. I do however believe that we should protect Israel. They are the only true fried that we have in that part of the world.