Egypt

http://totallycoolpix.com/2011/01/the-egypt-protests/

Here are a bunch of pictures of the riots (Few pictures are pretty graphic, dead bodies and such)

Amazing pictures...sad about the 22 yr old who was killed. Just wonder though if these protests had been in China or Russia how many dead bodies would be found on the streets. Fear keeps many from protesting in these type countries.

Mubarak is done, he just may not have figured it out yet. The final straw will be the military turning their back on him to restore order. Historically, that has been the root of power in Egypt.

Guest The Variable
Mubarak is done, he just may not have figured it out yet. The final straw will be the military turning their back on him to restore order. Historically, that has been the root of power in Egypt.

If you mean done as in dead...I agree.

Jimmy Carter only lost one ally in Iran, Obama is on the verge of losing at the entire middle east. I guess someone from the State Deptartment should call Israel and inform them that non stop war with Islamist Egypt is coming. I guess Obama's speech in Cairo two years ago had the desired effect.

Jimmy Carter only lost one ally in Iran, Obama is on the verge of losing at the entire middle east. I guess someone from the State Deptartment should call Israel and inform them that non stop war with Islamist Egypt is coming. I guess Obama's speech in Cairo two years ago had the desired effect.

Yeah, definitely all Obama's fault. 100%.

"Obama" in hieroglyphics is just a skull and crossbones.

Or could it be that Egyptian like the Tunisians are fed up with a billionaire dictator who has gotten rich while suppressing his people. Unlike Iran, which was a strictly religious uprising against an oppressive regime with a popular spiritual leader in exile pulling the strings, there is, as yet no evidence of any religious strain in either place.

Egypt, I fully expect will end up with some military leader taking on the mantle of successor and Mubarak spending his golden years in exile.

To my view Libya, Jordan, Syria, and Saudi Arabia should be worried if popular uprisings like this spread. All are autocratic regimes that depend on the military for order.

As for Iran, a quick study of World History will lead you to understand that one was destined to fail. Britain put the Shah's father in power to protect British Petroleum. When he was overthrown, the CIA ended up ousting a popular leader and putting the Shah in power. (And folks wonder why the Muslim World hates the US and Britain.)

"Or could it be that Egyptian like the Tunisians are fed up with a billionaire dictator who has gotten rich while suppressing his people. "

Not about dictatorship, the uprising in Egypt is about food prices.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/01/america_and_the_middle_east_fo.html

Obama is the poster child of rigid thinking in an ever changing world. He does not understand that his sophmoric solutions encapsulates the concept of sensitive dependence on initial conditions in chaos theory; namely, a small change at one place in a complex system can have large effects elsewhere. I doubt that the man even understands that Mubarak is, for good or ill, our ally, and a stabilizing force in the caldron of insanity that is the Mulsim world.

"As for Iran, a quick study of World History will lead you to understand that one was destined to fail. Britain put the Shah's father in power to protect British Petroleum. When he was overthrown, the CIA ended up ousting a popular leader and putting the Shah in power. (And folks wonder why the Muslim World hates the US and Britain.)"

Mossadeq was a quasi-communist who was determined to nationalize Iranian oil fileds. His removal benifited the United States and our allies at that time.

As for your quip about hatred for the U.S. and Britain. No Arab or Muslim nation "hated" us, with the exception of Libya, while the specter of the Soviet Union loomed over all of south Asia.

One very interesting factor arising out of this chaos is the fact that large sociliast organizatins are promoting and encouraging similiar revolts globally. This is nothing new, however with the internet and constant networking and social websites the ability to organize is greater than ever.

Does anyone else find it strange that several Uber-Left organizations are trying to capitalize on this "revolution?"

Mossadeq was a quasi-communist who was determined to nationalize Iranian oil fileds. His removal benifited the United States and our allies at that time.

As for your quip about hatred for the U.S. and Britain. No Arab or Muslim nation "hated" us, with the exception of Libya, while the specter of the Soviet Union loomed over all of south Asia.

Yes, Mossadeq was not a 1950's era leader that the US or Britain would support. Neither country was much on Nationalist leaders who wanted full independence. His removal bought the West 20 years of cheap oil at what expense? That would be 30 years of Islamic law in Iran and all that it has come to mean for world stability.

A simple question about nationalizing natural resources, shouldn't the country or state reap great benefit from the resources there? That is by the way the logic behind coal and gas severance taxes in American states.

As for the comment about Arabs and Muslims not hating Britain or the US, while the USSR was around, you might want to ask a Pakistani, or a Palestinian, or an Iraqi if that hated Britain in the 1900s to 1930s before the USSR became a threat. Cold War era, we were "the enemy of their enemy." Such are the temporary alliances of geo-politics.

Historically, Americans of all political stripes have mucked up international relations. We have preached freedom and democracy, while supporting murderers, drug dealers and crooks. We blindly stumble in places because we try and transfer our values and world view to places where there is no frame of reference. And sadly for the state of the world, we still do a better job than most nations. Although the Chinese method of buying friends with huge infrastructure projects in developing countries is interesting.

Edited by Hacker

One very interesting factor arising out of this chaos is the fact that large sociliast organizatins are promoting and encouraging similiar revolts globally. This is nothing new, however with the internet and constant networking and social websites the ability to organize is greater than ever.

Does anyone else find it strange that several Uber-Left organizations are trying to capitalize on this "revolution?"

The sad reality is there are groups, left and right, religious and secular that beat the drums. In the end, the change for the average person is negligible.

For all of our problems as a country, we at least have had the blessing of stability which has allowed a large portion of our population to grow and prosper compared to the rest of the world.

His removal bought the West 20 years of cheap oil at what expense? That would be 30 years of Islamic law in Iran and all that it has come to mean for world stability.

The Citizens of Israel, Lebanon, the West Bank and Gaza would, I imagine, dispute your delibrate attempt to ignore the presence of Hamas and Hezbulla (sp?)

in this so called stabilty. Not to mention the Republican Guards involvements in subverting our attempts to liberate and democratize Iraq.

You cannot, Cannot, CANNOT, tell me you really think Sharia law is a stabilizing force, and keep a straight face.

His removal bought the West 20 years of cheap oil at what expense? That would be 30 years of Islamic law in Iran and all that it has come to mean for world stability.

The Citizens of Israel, Lebanon, the West Bank and Gaza would, I imagine, dispute your delibrate attempt to ignore the presence of Hamas and Hezbulla (sp?)

in this so called stabilty. Not to mention the Republican Guards involvements in subverting our attempts to liberate and democratize Iraq.

You cannot, Cannot, CANNOT, tell me you really think Sharia law is a stabilizing force, and keep a straight face.

Just citing territorial imperialism of Britain. The Lebanese tragic history sees the hand of the French. As for Hamas and Hezbollah one is the hidden hand of the Syrians the other is sponsored by our former 'friends' the Iranians. Both groups exist for a soul purpose of a Palestinian state and the end of Israel. (By the way, Palestine was another British Territory and blunder.)

By the way, weren't the Republican Guards part of the military of the sovereign nation whose leader we overthrew on spurious grounds? (WMDs)

I have never made any statement nor have I inferred anything about Sharia law. What I said is that we blunder when we try to force our believes and world view on others.