SWD Tourney

bmh8_2011

With one final week left in regular season play, still a lot of basketball left to play. I have looked at some possible seedings for the tournament. Please correct me if I have made any mistakes here (I used the schedules on this site to get this info)

1) Abingdon

2) Carroll County

3-7) wide open

1) Abingdon- has 2 district games left, vs Grundy and @ Marion. I think they have already clinched first place so they should host the tournament.

2) Carroll County- has 1 district game left, @ Graham. After beating Tazewell they clinch 2nd (missing a game against Graham too??)

Now for the interesting part...

seeds 3-7

Graham (5-4) has 2 district games left both home, vs Carroll and vs Tazewell (missing a game against Carroll??)

Grundy (3-8) has 1 district game left, @ Abingdon

Marion (3-7) has 2 district games left, @ Tazewell and vs Abingdon

Richlands (5-6) has 1 district game left, vs. Tazewell

Tazewell (3-6) has 3 district games left, @ Richlands, vs Marion, and @ Graham

3 and 4 seeds get a home playoff game to start out the tournament so a lot can happen to change the seeds.

3rd place is up for grabs between the Tazewell Co. Schools.

Graham- must win one of two (if they win both then they are 3rd) and needs Tazewell to beat Richlands. If Richlands beats Tazewell and Graham wins one of two, there would be a tie (Im not sure how the tie-breaker works)

Richlands- must beat Tazewell and needs Graham to lose both games. If Richlands beats Tazewell and Graham wins one of two then they tie.

Tazewell- must win all 3 games and needs Carroll to take care of Graham. If Tazewell wins out and Graham upsets Carroll then they tie.

It looks like 6 district wins is the magic number for 3rd.

4th place

5 maybe 6 is the magic number for the final home playoff spot

Graham and Richlands are already at the 5 win mark. But I'm not sure on the tie-breaker but I know that Graham, Richlands, Tazewell, and Marion have a chance.

Tazewell- win 2 out of 3, one of those wins has to be Richlands. If Tazewell beats Richlands, then I would assume they would get 4th over Richlands because they would have beat them twice.

Marion- win both of thier games and Tazewell beat Richlands and Graham beat Tazewell. Then Richlands and Marion would be tied.

5th-7th

Every team besides Abingdon and Carroll could fall into the bottom 3.

Grundy looks like they will be 7th with just Abingdon remaining but if Marion drops both of thier game's, then Grundy and Marion would be tied at 3-9.

Please correct me if I have made any mistakes or if you have any additions to anything. I apologize for not knowing how the tie-breakers work.

Guest Woolybugger
With one final week left in regular season play, still a lot of basketball left to play. I have looked at some possible seedings for the tournament. Please correct me if I have made any mistakes here (I used the schedules on this site to get this info)

1) Abingdon

2) Carroll County

3-7) wide open

1) Abingdon- has 2 district games left, vs Grundy and @ Marion. I think they have already clinched first place so they should host the tournament.

2) Carroll County- has 1 district game left, @ Graham. After beating Tazewell they clinch 2nd (missing a game against Graham too??)

Carroll and Graham have home and home with each other this week

I could be wrong but if abingdon wins out and cburg wins out they will be on opposite sides of the bracket both with first round bye. Magna vista and hidden valley prob being the 3rd and 4th seeds. It all just depends on the points they get from the district tourny. The region isn't mind blowing good as its been in recent years. Still some good teams just not what your use to seeing.