Hey, Subway, take that "footlong" and stuff it~

Have you tried it with the southwest sauce? Its to die for.

The best sub at Subway, IMO, is one that I "created" two summers ago. Get the sweet onion chicken teryiaki, on italian herb and chees bread, with cheese (pepperjack), with the southwest chipotle sauce. I ate this just about every single day a couple summers ago, and still love it, but I sort of burnt myself out on it.

My recent "flavor of the week" is what I described in an earlier post. I eat Subway 2-3 times a week on average.

maybe it wasn't so much about a labor shortage than a supply shortage.

If they had just filled a large UNEXPECTED order, they could have been short on inventory. Lloyd's told me about going to a certain Vansant rest. at night and they'd be out of fries or buns. "Just in time" shipping has caused a shift from places having 3 or 4 days inventory on hand when a new shipment comes in to having to pull stuff of the dollie on it's way to the storeroom.

And if a mall store has to close early on a weekend, they'll lose a LOT of business. Kids will tell other kids that "X" is closed, and they'll be less likely to make it their first choice the next time they go out to eat. Gotta stay open... a 1-time $200 order just isn't worth the negative word-of-mouth publicity that would follow.

When I was at Ruffino's, I'd say about once a week someone would have to make a stop at Food Cty and pick up something "extra" for the subs, like green peppers, tomatoes or lettuce. But he NEVER ran out of flour, sauce or toppings for the pies... even the weekend efter phut burned down. As an indy, he couldn't afford to lose business, so he made sure he was well stocked.

If they had just filled a large UNEXPECTED order, they could have been short on inventory. Lloyd's told me about going to a certain Vansant rest. at night and they'd be out of fries or buns.

If you're talking McD's...I admit, we have "issues" with our evening shift down there. Wish I had more authori-tie to do something about it. And looking at their food cost...they shouldn't ever be short on anything...

I don't remember how many employees were working that day, so they may have been short on manpower or they could have been short on inventory. I understand that, especially since they filled a similar order earlier and our's was unexpected (we couldn't call in ahead of time because we thought we were leaving in time to get something to eat, but a water line busted on one of the fields and the tournament had to be played one game at a time with a lot of teams and our boys had to get something to eat) but they could have just given us a reason instead of just saying that they weren't going to make anymore orders for other teams. They were pretty blunt and rude about it and there was no one else eating there at the time we ordered (though I know some regulars might pop in during our order, but they still could have at least given us a reason and been nicer about it).

maybe it wasn't so much about a labor shortage than a supply shortage.

If they had just filled a large UNEXPECTED order, they could have been short on inventory. Lloyd's told me about going to a certain Vansant rest. at night and they'd be out of fries or buns. "Just in time" shipping has caused a shift from places having 3 or 4 days inventory on hand when a new shipment comes in to having to pull stuff of the dollie on it's way to the storeroom.

And if a mall store has to close early on a weekend, they'll lose a LOT of business. Kids will tell other kids that "X" is closed, and they'll be less likely to make it their first choice the next time they go out to eat. Gotta stay open... a 1-time $200 order just isn't worth the negative word-of-mouth publicity that would follow.

When I was at Ruffino's, I'd say about once a week someone would have to make a stop at Food Cty and pick up something "extra" for the subs, like green peppers, tomatoes or lettuce. But he NEVER ran out of flour, sauce or toppings for the pies... even the weekend efter phut burned down. As an indy, he couldn't afford to lose business, so he made sure he was well stocked.

Very good point. I didn't even think about the inventory.

I don't remember how many employees were working that day, so they may have been short on manpower or they could have been short on inventory. I understand that, especially since they filled a similar order earlier and our's was unexpected (we couldn't call in ahead of time because we thought we were leaving in time to get something to eat, but a water line busted on one of the fields and the tournament had to be played one game at a time with a lot of teams and our boys had to get something to eat) but they could have just given us a reason instead of just saying that they weren't going to make anymore orders for other teams. They were pretty blunt and rude about it and there was no one else eating there at the time we ordered (though I know some regulars might pop in during our order, but they still could have at least given us a reason and been nicer about it).

There is no excuse for that. Rudeness is never excusable when it comes to customer service.