#22 - Malcolm Brogdan is UVA Basketball Commit

tbgfan

http://www.gpb.org/sports/basketball/match/2011/03/12/class-aa-boys-finals

Watching the 2A Georgia State Championship Game from Macon--Greater Alanta Christian

versus Buford.

#22 for GAC is a UVA commit--in this game GAC 30 (at time of posting) and Buford 17, Brogdan has 15 points himself

Brogdon has the potential to start from Day 1 from us. He's legitimately that good. He greatly excites me for the future. He can just flat out ball.

Greater ATL Christian won their second straight boys AA basketball championship today. GAC is a private school, but competes against public schools under GHSA requirements.

GAC's only lost this year in the state of GA was to Milton, a AAAAA school that was ranked #4 in the nation. (Milton was beaten by Norcross last night in the 5A state championship game. Milton has at least 6 D1 commits and Norcross has 3 D1's. I attended the regional finals this year and saw Norcross win the regionals...I knew they were good but I didn't think they would be able to knock off Milton for the AAAAA championship.)

GAC, also, had out of state losses earlier in the year to Douglass from OK City, OK and to Lutheran from LaVerne, CA in the Bass Pro TOC in MO; however, GAC beat Lutheran earlier in the year at the Myrtle Beach Ball Classic. They, also lost to Sagemont from Weston, FL in the Marriott Invitational at Norcross. Notable out of state wins were against Boys & Girls of Brooklyn, NY and Rice of NYC, NY in the Beach Ball Classic.

Malcolm is a VERY special player. UVA is getting an outstanding basketball player and a great young man. I saw Malcolm in a GAC home game this year, I couldn't believe the elevation of Malcolm's "game" from last year to this year. He is almost "effortless" in his movements...such fluidity he possesses ...even a novice could recognize this young man as being special. I do believe as Observer said, Brogdon has the potential to play immediately.

Edited by trublue

Malcolm is a VERY special player. UVA is getting an outstanding basketball player and a great young man. I saw Malcolm in a GAC home game this year (the first grader in the family was a ball/water boy for the GAC team that night )...I couldn't believe the elevation of Malcolm's "game" from last year to this year. He is almost "effortless" in his movements...such fluidity he possesses ...even a novice could recognize this young man as being special. I do believe as Observer said, Brogdon will play immediately.

Brogdon strikes me as a more refined Sean Singletary. Better fluidity and range of motion, better stroke, and better defense. Plus, he's got the character that is just incredible. I wish we had 12 more just like him. My biggest hope: that we have 4 years of him.

• 3 weeks later...

For the UVA basketball fans, Brogdon of Greater ATL Christian, UVA bound, was named the ATL Journal Constitution POY.

(Included in the article is the girls POY, Diamond DeShields of Norcross, whom I saw play and win the regionals this year. Both are Gwinnett County teams. Andy Landers, UGA girls coach, walked in ahead of us to watch this game)

http://www.ajc.com/sports/high-school/players-of-year-brogdon-885504.html

Following is an article showing the GA All State teams by classification. Looking at the teams, there are some tremendous D1 players on this list. (Brogdon honored as All Classifications Player.)

http://www.ajc.com/sports/high-school/boys-all-state-basketball-885165.html