Malibu Mark Palmer

eastboundanddown

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2011/mar/24/prep-football-palmer-takes-new-challenge-patrick-h-ar-924386/

Palmer was 33-49 during his eight seasons at St. Paul and led the Deacons to two playoff appearances. The best season during his stint at the Wise County school came in 2007 when his team won the Cumberland District title and finished with an 8-3 mark.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought this was a pretty good observation of some positives of leaving a program

"The program also made progress in areas not measured by wins and losses."

“I don’t feel bad at all,†Wyatt said. “I’ve got a fieldhouse built and Bermuda grass [playing surface]. A lot of hard work went into that.â€

Thought this was a pretty good observation of some positives of leaving a program

"The program also made progress in areas not measured by wins and losses."

“I don’t feel bad at all,†Wyatt said. “I’ve got a fieldhouse built and Bermuda grass [playing surface]. A lot of hard work went into that.â€

I don't get it. What does northwood's coach have to do with it?

“Naturally, we would always like to accumulate more wins, but St. Paul’s a special place and I love the young men [at the school]. It was a tough situation telling them I was going to move on to Patrick Henry. They are great kids and they have a great future in front of them,” Palmer said. “In eight years, I thought we did accomplish a lot. … Being at a school that small, you have years where injuries can decimate you. Overall, it was a great experience and I will cherish it.”

Sounds like a very well spoken and realistic gentleman.

Turner may help ease consolidation, but Palmer was definately more qualified and IMO the better choice

He will wish he did get that job instead of the PH job. Simply put, PH is not a football school. They use to always beat us in it, but Matlock has put a stop to that. Word over here is the new AD is all about baseball and wants the athletes to concentrate on baseball year round. That won't help the football process at all. Palmer is in deeper than he thinks.

He will wish he did get that job instead of the PH job. Simply put, PH is not a football school. They use to always beat us in it, but Matlock has put a stop to that. Word over here is the new AD is all about baseball and wants the athletes to concentrate on baseball year round. That won't help the football process at all. Palmer is in deeper than he thinks.

He knows exactly what he is up against. I think it is interesting that PH used to beat Holston all the time, and people used to say the same things about Holston not being a football school. But you yourself say that Matlock "put a stop to that" which totally contradicts what you mean by your post.

If matlock can come in and clean up Holston, Palmer can come in and do the same to PH.

It's funny how folks who have not coached or who have not coached in schools like st paul, ervinton or twin valley think that palmer or other coaches have no idea what it's like to coach in tough situations. Listen, PH can be no worse than the situation at Ervinton or St Paul. Just can't be.

I think you have a personal bias against Palmer. What happen? He steal your girlfriend?

I dont know if PH can be a state title contender every year but it is entirely possible for PH to compete for the HOGO title year in and year out and I think thats all Palmer is shooting for. He's realistic and makes the most of what he has.

Im not trying to put down Holston but the task ahead of Palmer is no greater than the one that was in front of Matlock and I would argue Palmer is in a better situation due to PH's bigger enrollment which gives him more kids to work. Matlock has shown he can succeed with lots of talent, lets see how he does when he doesent have as much and if he can develop talent.

PV is not the job it once was

I dont know if PH can be a state title contender every year but it is entirely possible for PH to compete for the HOGO title year in and year out and I think thats all Palmer is shooting for. He's realistic and makes the most of what he has.

Im not trying to put down Holston but the task ahead of Palmer is no greater than the one that was in front of Matlock and I would argue Palmer is in a better situation due to PH's bigger enrollment which gives him more kids to work. Matlock has shown he can succeed with lots of talent, lets see how he does when he doesent have as much and if he can develop talent.

PV is not the job it once was

They might compete for the upper half of the Hogo. I don't see them in the hunt for a title for the foreseeable future.

I think 3rd is reasonable for the next few years, down the line who knows

I don't see the Hogo changing, the title will remain along I-81 between Chilhowie and Wytheville for awhile to come.

Chilhowie and GW are obviously the favorites but the other teams wouldnt be that hard to compete with; Holston is down and may bounce back, NW is in shambles but holds some promise for the future, RR is ok. What im trying to say is 3rd isint that far outta reach for any of those teams, including PH(although they have the farthest to go)

Better hang some curtains, pick out a nice shade of paint, get the brightest light bulbs they make, that last the longest and go green. B/c hiring a new coach @ PH is just redecorating the basement.

PH couldn't be G.W. in the next five years, even if GW's high school burnt to the ground.

Shouldn't be a difference in playing GW and C-howie and Ervinton and Twin Springs b/c according to jonah the lonesome pine is no different then the Cumberland lol..... J.I. Burton, Clintwood, P.V., no difference at all lol

A good coach at Northwood could have a lot to play with in 2-3 years... just sayin.

I agree but there's still alot of work to do. Billy was not the biggest problem at NW it was the coaching staff around him and the kids not caring if they won. So if they are to compete they will need to revamp the whole program. I wish my alma mater nothing but the best. I just couldn't play the Saltville politics anymore that's why I chose to move my son elsewhere.

Edited by 2dalejrfanz

Better hang some curtains, pick out a nice shade of paint, get the brightest light bulbs they make, that last the longest and go green. B/c hiring a new coach @ PH is just redecorating the basement.

PH couldn't be G.W. in the next five years, even if GW's high school burnt to the ground.

Shouldn't be a difference in playing GW and C-howie and Ervinton and Twin Springs b/c according to jonah the lonesome pine is no different then the Cumberland lol..... J.I. Burton, Clintwood, P.V., no difference at all lol

That drum beat sure is non-rythmic, but hey I'm not one to try to oppress the mentally afflicted. You just keep on marching lil buddy. It might be a different drum but we cherish diversity around here. Make sure you wear your leather helmet case you trip and fall again.

That drum beat sure is non-rythmic, but hey I'm not one to try to oppress the mentally afflicted. You just keep on marching lil buddy. It might be a different drum but we cherish diversity around here. Make sure you wear your leather helmet case you trip and fall again.

Jonah58 aka Malibu Mark Palmer you'd better stick with knowing about drumming and marching, b/c since St. Paul is goine you'd have a longer stay at PH if you were trying to do band then you will in Football.

Jonah58 aka Malibu Mark Palmer you'd better stick with knowing about drumming and marching, b/c since St. Paul is goine you'd have a longer stay at PH if you were trying to do band then you will in Football.

First of all I am not Mark Palmer. I know Mark well, but I am not him. He doesn't post on here.

Second of all, you need to quit trying to work on that Tiger puzzle and put the corn flakes back in the box, you've spent far too much time on that.

Thirdly, if you spent your time wisely, you would stay off this board and try to figure out how to improve that 1-29 record you have at Twin Valley over the last three years.

Finally, when you have won more than one game versus a non-kentucky or west virginia team, holler back at us.

Holston's success was a flash in the pan. It won't happen again for a long time.