Golden Wave baseball....but, not what you think...awesome play!

Lance

I had a play like that my senior year. We were playing Marion at Bowen Field. I led off with a "bloop" to left center. Marion's LF, CF, and SS all converged on the ball as I sprinted toward first base...no one caught it...and I made the turn to second. They kinda looked at each other for a second before the LFer picked the ball up and fired it to second. The second baseman caught the ball...I was nailed. Slowing down, knowing that I was going to be out, I slid early. The second baseman stepped toward me to tag me out. As he came in low, my heal caught the ground and I popped straight up and over his outstretched tag attempt...safe at second with a double.

That game, by the way, ended in a 13-13 tie after five innings. As it was getting dark, the homeplate umpire went behind the stands to turn on the lights. When he hit the breaker, a transformer on a light pole blew with a loud KA-BOOM. He came back around the stands looking as if he'd been shot. They called the game shortly, thereafter.

I think the old Charlie Hustle "Run Over The Catcher" would have been appropriate...lol.

Did that, too...against Tazewell in the Coppinger Tournament my SO. year. Fly ball to LF, tagged from third and never stopped running until after I touched home plate...

Did that, too...against Tazewell in the Coppinger Tournament my SO. year. Fly ball to LF, tagged from third and never stopped running until after I touched home plate...

thats old school right there lol.

I wasn't tossed, fortunately. I think the Ump was too shocked that this 5'4", 140lb kid just ran over a 6'2", 225lb catcher...leverage, baby...get low, get low...