What out of state teams has Bluefield & Princeton played against

Guest Highlanders

Guest Highlanders

I'm wondering which out of state schools that Bluefield & Princeton played against in football. I know that both Bluefield & Princeton have played River Ridge Schools such as Pulaski County, Southwest Schools such as: Graham, Grundy, Richlands, Tazewell, and Western Valley (AAA) schools such as Patrick Henry (Roanoke) and William Fleming (Roanoke), but I wonder who else in Virgina, North Carolina, and Ohio that each school went up against?

BLUEFIELD since 1995

Graham VA '95 '96 '97 '98 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04 '05(2) '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11

DC Dunbar '95

Tazewell VA '95 '96 '97 '98

Pikeville KY '95

Richland VA '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '07 '08

Pulaski VA '98 '99 '00

Lee Va '03 '04

Grundy Va '05 '06

William Campbell VA '07

Country Day NC '08 '09 '10 '11

Gate City VA '09 '10

William Fleming VA '10

Latin NC '11

PRINCETON since 1995

Graham Va '96 '97 '04 '09 '10 '11

Richlands VA '99 '00

DC Dunbar '03

Patrick Henry Roanoke Va '03 '04

To go back further...early 90s...

Bluefield played one of the DC schools as well...I believe it was Dunbar.

They've also played Tennessee High and one of the Sullivan Co. directional schools (don't remember whether it was South, East, or Central).

They've also played Tennessee High and one of the Sullivan Co. directional schools (don't remember whether it was South, East, or Central).

We played Tennessee High in '93 and '94, Tazewell in '94 and I believe the first game against Dunbar, DC was in '92 or '93. '95 Dunbar game was the second game against them.

I believe it was Sullivan South down there in '92 or '93. I'll have to look that up.

Guest Highlanders

In the 80's, Bluefield played against Patrick Henry (Roanoke) & Princeton played against Pulaski County (1981,83,84,85)

Pretty sure the Sullivan Co. school Bluefield played years ago was South.

Didn't Bluefield also play Good Counsel, a Catholic school from Maryland, sometime in the early 90s? At least I think someone from the area did, it may not have been Bluefield.

Guest Highlanders

It was Pulaski County that played Good Counsel in 1996. Pulaski won 33-6. Pulaski also played Anacostia, Cardozo, Eastern, HD Woodson, all Washington DC Public Schools. Matter of fact, when Pulaski would play each DC school before the game, they would have a moment of silence of a player or players that had been murdered or injured do to street violence.

Pulaski used to play Sullivan North (Bristol, TN) in 1980, Science Hill (Johnson City) in 1995 & 1996. They also played a couple of schools out of North Carolina such as Davie County (a suburb of Winston-Salem), and Forest Hills (a suburb of Greensboro/High Point.) & of course West Virginia schools such as Bluefield & Princeton.

Pulaski used to scrimmage WV schools such as George Washington (Charleston) Dupont (Charleston), Greenbrier East, Nicholas County, Riverside (Charleston), Huntington, Morgantown, I think either Nitro or Ripley, South Charleston, and Woodrow Wilson (Beckley) Usually, those scrimmages involving the Charleston schools would take place either in Bluefield at the old coal classics or at Woodrow Wilson's classic.

LOL at "one of the Sullivan Co. directional schools"