Interesting...

GMan

Just spoke with our new AFLAC sales rep...he wrestled for Christiansburg. We talked about the Grundy-C'burg rivalry. He even admitted to the "questionable enrollment" at C-burg of some outstanding wrestlers during his time on the team and mentioned numerous more after he graduated.

:eek:

Just spoke with our new AFLAC sales rep...he wrestled for Christiansburg. We talked about the Grundy-C'burg rivalry. He even admitted to the "questionable enrollment" at C-burg of some outstanding wrestlers during his time on the team and mentioned numerous more after he graduated.

:eek:

yeah...everyone knows the deal...i guess if you do something long enough it becomes just part of the routine and people don't care.

Is it frowned upon for a family to opt to move their kid to Christiansburg for wrestling on their own volition? I don't think we can accuse all of those "out of state" migrants of being recruited by Christiansburg High School... I would bet some, if not most, just opt to go there for the opportunity and exposure.

Is it frowned upon for a family to opt to move their kid to Christiansburg for wrestling on their own volition? I don't think we can accuse all of those "out of state" migrants of being recruited by Christiansburg High School... I would bet some, if not most, just opt to go there for the opportunity and exposure.

it's not that innocent, there is a lot more to it than that.

Majority of the ppl. I know have no problem with kids changing schools...

it's only a problem when the parents don't move and stay where they are, like in PA, or SML.

exactly...and when a kid is a previous state champ in another state, at a higher level...and moves in to fill a weight class they are weak in, even a blind man can see what is going on there.

I'm not sure...is Christiansburg that well known across the country???

I'm not sure...is Christiansburg that well known across the country???

For wrestling I think they have some clout. The town itself is not that renown but I believe in the wrestling community its pretty popular.