SW Va. Accomodations

I will be traveling to Emory in about two weeks, and I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations for a place to stay. The last time I was in the area I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Abingdon and it was nice. Just wanted to know if there might be any other nice hotels near Emory (within 10-20 miles or so) that might be affordable and clean. Ideally I would love to stay at the Martha, but that's not in the budget at this time. Someone mentioned the Alpine, but I wasn't sure about it since there is not much info online. Not looking for fancy at all, just affordable and clean for two adults and two children.

Thanks.

Edited by blueinbama

Alpine is classic...and from what i've heard its clean...and right off exit 19 so you are close to Emory. It's just old school...so as long as you dont mind the retro look you will be fine. There is a Hampton Inn right there on Exit 17...whenever I was out roaming the eastern USA a few years ago, I always stayed there...price was good and you know what you are going to get at one of those no matter where you go.

Alpine is classic...and from what i've heard its clean...and right off exit 19 so you are close to Emory. It's just old school...so as long as you dont mind the retro look you will be fine. There is a Hampton Inn right there on Exit 17...whenever I was out roaming the eastern USA a few years ago, I always stayed there...price was good and you know what you are going to get at one of those no matter where you go.

Thanks Lance. I just called Alpine and they have no non-smoking rooms available. At their prices I can understand why. We might try the Hampton Inn.

Thanks Lance. I just called Alpine and they have no non-smoking rooms available. At their prices I can understand why. We might try the Hampton Inn.

just a side note on hampton inns. if you or a family member work for one even part time one day a week or so you get a hugh discount. my girlfriend works part time for the hampton in lexington va. and she gets a room at any hampton in the continental us for 30 bucks a night. even ocean front at the beach. also can stay at a hilton for 39 a night. this is a great benifit.