District realignment?

brian1269

One solution to the problem is if the VHSL would allow for schools to go Independent like in college football. This would work well for schools in Buchanan, Dickinson, and Bland Counties as well as single A schools on the Eastern Shore

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

swvaoutdoors - The VHSL will definately have final say on what school, is in which district. My thinking was that if all of the schools in this area could work out a distict plan that made sense and didnt put any school in too much of a bind then the VHSL may just accept it. I would rather the local schools work out a good setup themselves rather than have a VHSL committe do it for them.

V-Cats - being independent is harder than you would think, filling out a schedule is VERY difficult. Thats the way(more or less) that WV does it and its hard on some schools.

swvaoutdoors - The VHSL will definately have final say on what school, is in which district. My thinking was that if all of the schools in this area could work out a distict plan that made sense and didnt put any school in too much of a bind then the VHSL may just accept it. I would rather the local schools work out a good setup themselves rather than have a VHSL committe do it for them.

The VHSL assigns schools to districts. If a school is not happy with the decision, they can petition another district to join it. If that district approves the school's petition, the VHSL must then approve the move. It the district does not approve the petition, then the school is more or less stuck where they are.

Thats pretty much how I thought it worked. I just hope if a suitable plan can be presented to the VHSL they would just go w/ it instead of dividing thing how they see fit. But maybe they will do a fine job and work out some of the issues we have been discussing on here

I couldnt see a reason wy they wouldnt, Marion is literally in the middle of the Hogo

Goin back to A/AA districts and if the VHSL would go for them, Abingdon would fit nicely in the CMD or a new SWD but would Carroll Co be allowed to do that? They are well above the A/AA cutoff. and if so what district? MED?

Edited by redtiger

Carroll isn't far enough from other AA schoiols to be in a combined district.

They don't want to be in the Piedmont (because of the drive over Lover's Leap, I've been told), so they'll go up to Wytheville and turn left to get back to the NRV schools Pulaski, C'burg & B'burg.

Carroll isn't far enough from other AA schoiols to be in a combined district.

They don't want to be in the Piedmont (because of the drive over Lover's Leap, I've been told), so they'll go up to Wytheville and turn left to get back to the NRV schools Pulaski, C'burg & B'burg.

Turn right...