Women's World Cup

keeper1

I was on my way home from the beach yesterday during the game, so I was constantly switching stations on the AM side to find ESPN radio. But it was so nerve-wrecking to not be able to see whats going on. And the only time I can recall being that heart-broken over a sporting event were the couple times Richlands lost at state.

It was a great World Cup overall and I'm still bummed out over the U.S. team losing in the finals giving up the lead twice. Gotta hand it to Japan though. They played great and overcame great odds to win the whole thing. Congrats to them.

The next comparison I hear about a penalty kick in the World Cup Final being like a free throw in the 4th quarter of the NBA Finals, I think my head will explode. Not even comparable in terms of pressure and nerves, so to the American sports media, stop making a fool of yourself.

Also, in my eyes, this World Cup was a failure as was the men's last summer. They did what was expected, make the final, but when you are the best team in the world, and you lose out to a VASTLY INFERIOR team in Japan in said final, you failed. A loss against Germany or Brazil and the girls would have been heading home with their heads held high, but the look on Abby Wambach and Hope Solo's faces told the entire story. Utter failure.