Best All Time for your school???

mdotson98

I'm ranking this on how good they were in High School, not how well they went on to do.

1. Don Danko-RB-Graham 1950's-60's, first team All America, Univ of Kentucky after HS.

2. Ahmad Bradhsaw-RB- Hon Mention All American, Marshall, NY Giants RB

3. Chuck Perdue-LB- late 60's/early 70's. Captain of VT's defense in 1974.

4. Rusty Fife- Received some honorable mention All American Honors, went on to VT-RB

5. Bill Dudley- Obviously, he later did better than the rest, but only an All-State caliber player his junior and senior years at Graham. He was awesome, but you wouldnot have thought he would be the NFL Hall of fame, nor a Div 1 starter by the looks of him in High School.

6. Eddy Hall- full schollly at VT and in starting LB consideration during first year. Broke a vertebrae in his neck in practice and never played football again.

7. Eddy Neal- Amazing QB and Defensive Secondary guy. Went on to Virginia Tech.

8. Mike Mullins- solid OL guy, started at UVA on the line.

9. Terry Hall- Eddies Brother. Absolutely vicious LB in the mid/late 70's at Graham. Didn't have his head on straight or he would have gone major Div 1. He later became a police officer in Virginia Beach, then a businessman, and is doing very well today.

10. Tossup for 10th between the following players....

A. Chris Austin- played some arena league ball on the line, Solid lineman

B. Tony Young- arguably the most gifted lineman to ever play at Graham. Add 3 inches to him and he was major Div 1. Known for outplaying Mike Compton when Tony was a soph.

C. Tony Palmer- excellent two way player at RB and DB. Played JUCO in South Carolina. Could have played Div 1, but like so many other players back before the internet, they often got missed due to being in the mountains and far away from the bigtime sports media.

D. Brandon Banks- very similar to Tony Palmer in skill. Played RB and in the secondary.

E. Chris Patton- Add 6 inches to Chris Patton and he was major Div 1. Absolutely vicious LB.

F. Danny Atkins- RB, All State, bruising powerful runner.

G. Sugar Ray Graves- All State, solid Div 1 player if he would have had the grades.

H. Ricky Brown- excellent two way player and kicker.

I. Lance Barber- likely the most underrated player to ever play on Carlock's defenses. Solid LB.

J. Brent Surface- Had a bit of nagging injuries that may have hurt his college prospects. Super athlete with incredible speed. Solid runningback.

personally i would put kevin Yost and Terry Smith in that last set of folks you've got up there... Yost was Region IV player of the year in 84, must have him on there, along with these others.

I think there are a few that stand out above the rest, obviously...but then there's probably 30 players in the past 37 years that I've been watching that it would be tough for me to figure out who would be in the "top 10"....

Marcus Parker , Dennis Haley , Andre Hairston , Richard Goodpasture , Keith Gaines , Matt Shawver , Tony Spradlin , Stephen Barnette , Keith Moyer , Nic schmitt , Shaine Miles , Chris Gumaer , Jonas Rawlins , Seth Fisher , Ivan Brewer .