things you've seen written on the bathroom wall...

The bathroom wall has always been an empty pallet for the common man to express himself...far beyond Nazi slurs and racist jabs or who to call for a good time...you will find some funny banter on occasion.

I will tell a story here, feel free to add your own...

When I was in Myrtle Beach I worked at a place called AVX which made ceramic capacitors for surface mount PCB's...

There was a guy who started writing out poems and funny stuff on the walls, mostly about the bosses...lol...and they were pretty funny, guy had some talent.

Well, this went on for weeks...it got to be funny...they would clean off what he would write and the next day he would have a new one up in its place...the managers were pissed.

They watched the bathrooms and made people log in and out to go, still could not figure out who it was.

As a new one was written, word would spread "there's a new one!" and people would go to the bathroom and read it....lol.

finally they just painted all the walls black, previously they were gray...

this seemed to put an end to it...then a couple of days later...written in white out in bigger letters in the last stall was this:

"They paint these walls to hide my pen...but the shit house bandit strikes again!"

Matt Braunger, a hilarious up and coming comedian told a story of one once that cracked me up...

In a bathroom, in three different sets of handwriting were the three following quotes...

"A society not ruled by its workers cannot stand" - Karl Marx

Below that, someone else had written..

"I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member" - Groucho Marx

and finally below that, someone put..

"Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you" - Richard Marx

How perfect is that? It is the holy bathroom trinity.

There's usually a lot of good ones at Virginia Intermont in the smaller bathrooms that don't get a lot of attention. I'll have to see if I can write some of them down (assuming they didn't paint over them all....they're renovating about every building on campus and the bathrooms are the first targets).