Runnin' Rebel...

Lance

Uhmmm...yeah...in case anyone was wondering about Berglowe....first 3 times he touched the ball he had 2 TD's and 100 yards.

Grundy looked like they could have used him today. But I don't know if he would have helped oline needs some work.

Grundy is young and i think they learned a lot today...they looked better than i was expecting all things considered...new coaches and new kids etc...but, Ben Rife looked good, Tyler Mc looked good...Ellis looked good...Grundy is in a odd place right now...they actually have a LOT of speed but don't have the line in place just yet...they were moving people around all day...subs were often and they gave everyone a good look at different positions.

I was really impressed with Nick Travis on defense...he had a lot of tackles and for his size he did a great job in the middle...i didn't expect that at all, but was glad to see it.

If it were up to me, I'd move Tyler Mc to WR and throw the ball to him more, he can catch the ball if its close to him. I'd put the #6 (Oliver?) kid and Ellis running the ball, and move McCowan up to guard...I'd also more the Biliter kid in to QB some and put Ben out at WR more...with Ben and Tyler out wide and Biliter in the shotgun you would open up the run game with Ellis and Oliver in the backfield and McCowan at guard would really help out the line...Biliter would have to read the D to see what was coming, sort of a read option/spread type thing...I think Grundy could put up some numbers with that configuration even with a young line in there....but, that's just my opinion...who knows what goes on with these kids in practices other than the coaches, so...they know best I'm sure....just sayin.

Grundy will be just fine without Berglowe...although I'd much rather see him at Grundy than Hurley...but it looks like its the best of both worlds for all involved the way things worked out...I know Hurley has got to be happy with what they saw today...I think Breglowe had 4 or 5 TD's total on the day...and that's without Waynick on the field....when he is in there, the D will have to account for him or Cooper will just toss it up...that should keep people honest and off of Berglowe. Hurley has a good looking line...they are going to be in for a good year I think...of all the teams I saw today they looked the best by far out of the gate, again...without Waynick...put him in the mix and look out.

How did the other squads look Lance?

Twin Valley looked much better than last year I thought...they still have a lot to work on as it's early, but much improved I think. The defense seemed like they were a little confused at first but got better as it went on. I only saw the first scrimmage with them as the weather screwed things up and they stopped the games for a while....i had to go pick up my kids.

Hurley looked the best of the bunch i thought...pretty solid looking team.

Grundy is young, but better than I expected...they have speed all over the place this year, but lacking in size at certain positions...I think they will be ok once they gel a little...the kids seemed to be in a good place overall. Didn't see it today because of the format, but Grundy has a kicking game, that will help...the Mutter kid is legit.

Craig County was missing some kids for various reasons, heard vacation and weddings took a couple of them out of this game.

Pretty evenly matched among everyone I saw, with Hurley being the better of the teams there in my opinion.

Don't really know what else to say about it...it was an early scrimmage and everyone was moving kids around and just running pretty basic stuff for the most part.

hurley looked better than anyone else there i thought....they will compete for bdd i think...twin valley has greatly improved, but to say they will compete with honaker and hurley for the bdd may be a stretch....i loved seeing coach jones back out there with the defense, brought back memories....and to answer the question about narrows, they were pretty good...i think hurley wore them down some though

Twin Valley looked much better than last year I thought...they still have a lot to work on as it's early, but much improved I think. The defense seemed like they were a little confused at first but got better as it went on. I only saw the first scrimmage with them as the weather screwed things up and they stopped the games for a while....i had to go pick up my kids.

Hurley looked the best of the bunch i thought...pretty solid looking team.

Grundy is young, but better than I expected...they have speed all over the place this year, but lacking in size at certain positions...I think they will be ok once they gel a little...the kids seemed to be in a good place overall. Didn't see it today because of the format, but Grundy has a kicking game, that will help...the Mutter kid is legit.

Craig County was missing some kids for various reasons, heard vacation and weddings took a couple of them out of this game.

Pretty evenly matched among everyone I saw, with Hurley being the better of the teams there in my opinion.

Don't really know what else to say about it...it was an early scrimmage and everyone was moving kids around and just running pretty basic stuff for the most part.

Thanks for the rundown. Very encouraged by report on Twin Valley. I'd love to see those kids get it turned around. We were there at one time with JJK (nothing hurts like 0-10)

Grundy is young, but better than I expected...they have speed all over the place this year,

Speed all over the place??? not sure what game you were watching, but they have the freshman #6 has some wheels the rest were average. If they had legit speed they would have ran away with the rye cove game cause rye cove has no speed, but that wasn't the case. They are definately not winning any track meets anytime soon

travis was quick oliver was quick for grundy yes they were quick they wernt a city school on turf fast well oliver is but yeah fast for a grundy team

fast for grundy...they usually dont have much speed...Tyler Mc has good speed, Ellis, Travis, Oliver, Ben is not the slowest kid, and the Billiter kid can move good even though he is young...they probably have more speed at more positions this year than any since the 2004 team...but, not anything like Cave Spring had last year or whatever...just fast for the usual Grundy team.

fast for grundy...they usually dont have much speed...Tyler Mc has good speed, Ellis, Travis, Oliver, Ben is not the slowest kid, and the Billiter kid can move good even though he is young...they probably have more speed at more positions this year than any since the 2004 team...but, not anything like Cave Spring had last year or whatever...just fast for the usual Grundy team.

maybe that is the case I haven't seen Grundy play in a few years.