Harvey's GM Border Clash Aug 19th

cougar4evr

Maybe some of the Bluefield folks can jump in here.

I went and watched the first half of this game and was surprised at the number of players Bluefield had. Seemed like only 30. Did they leave anyone at home?

Must have only taken 1st/2nd teamers...they do that sometimes for road games.

Must have only taken 1st/2nd teamers...they do that sometimes for road games.

I thought perhaps they left the first string at home. Offense looked confused in the first quarter. They were having a hard time keeping up with PC.

I thought perhaps they left the first string at home. Offense looked confused in the first quarter. They were having a hard time keeping up with PC.

Bluefield lost a ton off of last year's team...maybe 8 or 9 starters on offense and 7 or 8 on defense. The only returning players with any real PT are the FB and one of the OL. The QB is a SO who saw a little PT with the 1st team last year but the rest of the OL/RBs/WRs are very inexperienced.

As I've said on WVPreps, with Bluefield's schedule this season, they could finish as bad as 2-7...or as good as 7-2...or anywhere in between...

Bluefield lost a ton off of last year's team...maybe 8 or 9 starters on offense and 7 or 8 on defense. The only returning players with any real PT are the FB and one of the OL. The QB is a SO who saw a little PT with the 1st team last year but the rest of the OL/RBs/WRs are very inexperienced.

As I've said on WVPreps, with Bluefield's schedule this season, they could finish as bad as 2-7...or as good as 7-2...or anywhere in between...

The main reason I went was because Bluefield plays Gate City later this year and I wanted to see if Bluefield was as good as last year. I didn't think that looked like the same team.

Attended the scrimmage last night, left at halftime. I realize how young and inexperienced Beaver is, but for the most part the team seemed timid and played without any sort-of enthusiasm/emotion. I didn't see any thing that even resembled leadership on the field, which is very important with a young team. They looked better last week against a much better C'burg team. I know they will improve throughout the season as most Simon-coached teams do, but a lot of improvement will be needed to finish with a winning record in 2011 because of the schedule. If Bluefield can just make the playoffs it should be considered a successful season.

I went to the Border Clash last night....and unless Bluefield is just not showing ANYTHING....I think Graham has a legitimate shot at them....I beieve Graham has more overall team speed. Bluefield's line was getting pushed all over the place by a mediocre (at best) Pulaski team.... Bluefield couldn't get anything going....at all. I left right after Bluefield's 2nd teamers scored in the 2nd half. I'm looking for a competitive game this week. I agree with Bluefield Rues, that Bluefield was not very agressive...almost timid, tired I would say. Still would consider Bluefield to be favored over a very young and small Graham team, however....

Hope it's a good game.

Edited by futbolking