Clintwood versus Honaker ..Benefit game

wave316

Clintwood takes this game 28-14. It was tied 7-7 at halftime.. Clintwood appears weaker than last year. Should be expected after losing so very many seniors. Honaker played well..appears to be working on a more diverse passing offense. They put together a real good last minute drive to tie the game at 7-7 through passing the ball.

Starters were pulled mid 3rd quarter and subs came in. Think Clintwood was up 14 -7 when subs came in.. Clintwood will play perhaps the toughest schedule ever this year.. They will have to eliminate penaltys and turnovers if they are to win their games.. Their heart and effort cannot be questioned.. They will have to grow up fast ..Honaker will have to do the same..

Clintwood was 3 for 12 passing w/ 1 int. If they can improve in this category they could be hard to handle. Their best player, their FB(austin dotson) didnt play alot(slight injury early), he would have made a world of difference.

Honakers QB can really sling it, I would imagine they will try to throw it more this season. Oline got no push all night and seemed to have trouble w/ clintwoods quickness.

Overall I thought Clintwood looked sloppy and Honaker looked like they lacked explosiveness. Both will be solid just need to get it together a little.

I was wrong on this one...I went with the Tigers by one point, I think. I still

think the Tigers will do very well in their district and improve as the season

goes along........Clintwood will do very well also, as expected.

Here is how I sow the game

Clintwood moved the ball well in the middle of the field but struggled inside the 20 when both teams had there 1st units on the field.

Honaker struggled to get anything going untill they went into these 2 min offence then they picked appart Cwoods sendery like a LL team

Honaker MUST find a long snapper or they will have a ton of punts blocked this season

Clintwood MUST find a player that can field a punt or there offence may never get on the field

Over all I did not think Clintwoods Oline looked as good as they did last week (that may have to do with Honaker being good as much as anything)......I also thought Cwoods pass D needed work (scary thought with pass happy Hazard coming to town next friday)

For Honaker I think there running game will look better against other teams and IF they can continue to develop a passing attack they could really make some noise in the playoffs

If stock was available in High School Football the future of our Nation's economy is strong, that is if you have shares in Clintwood Greenwave and the Honaker Tigers programs. The outstanding Coaching for both programs was evident Friday night.....Sportsmanship, Hard Work, and Team Play are the key's to success in any winning programs and as the Football season progress's the future's value of these two Team's will be High!!! The humidity was high last night and wore both Team's down, as the season progress's each Team will get Stronger. Honaker is a solid Team and will be on the top of the Black Diamond at Season's end. Clintwood's schedule is tough and will only make them stronger, the passing game will be outstanding as the receiver's gain personal confidence....no Pitcher ever threw a perfect game without a good Catcher. The inside running game will be unstoppable as the line learns more about each other, the outside running game already shows the confidence the backfield has in each other. Defensively the Wave will be dominate as the two way player's gain stamina and the back field matures. Special Teams can win or lose games, so the evidence is there that win's are gonna happen.

Purchase your Team shares know because it looks like by the end of the Season the Dictionary's definition of Team will be a picture of the 2011 Clintwood Greenwave.

Edited by hawk

I think Clintwood/Union will be a great game; both teams are verry similar in where there at and where they want to go, they are just gonna get there a little differently.

From what ive seen on film from Union and in person from Clintwood, Union is the better offense and Clintwood id the better defense and if the game was played next week I would say Union. That said I think Unions backs are about as good as they are gonna be(not bad at all) but Clintwoods still have some developing to do(espicially WRs). I think they will develope if Mullins will give them time, if this happens Clintwood will beat Union imo. The reason I am so focused on CHS/UHS is because I think that will be the game that decides the LPD.

heard #5 for cwood had a good game, know anything about him?

Young freshmen ... can run fast.. played some at defensive back against Hazard ...did ok ..#3 of Hazard was a tough match-up for him ..He should get better with more playing time... also played some at reciever... Should become better as he keeps working hard and more playing experience..

• 3 months later...
If stock was available in High School Football the future of our Nation's economy is strong, that is if you have shares in Clintwood Greenwave and the Honaker Tigers programs. The outstanding Coaching for both programs was evident Friday night.....Sportsmanship, Hard Work, and Team Play are the key's to success in any winning programs and as the Football season progress's the future's value of these two Team's will be High!!! The humidity was high last night and wore both Team's down, as the season progress's each Team will get Stronger. Honaker is a solid Team and will be on the top of the Black Diamond at Season's end. Clintwood's schedule is tough and will only make them stronger, the passing game will be outstanding as the receiver's gain personal confidence....no Pitcher ever threw a perfect game without a good Catcher. The inside running game will be unstoppable as the line learns more about each other, the outside running game already shows the confidence the backfield has in each other. Defensively the Wave will be dominate as the two way player's gain stamina and the back field matures. Special Teams can win or lose games, so the evidence is there that win's are gonna happen.

Purchase your Team shares know because it looks like by the end of the Season the Dictionary's definition of Team will be a picture of the 2011 Clintwood Greenwave.

Your Stock has now went through the roof, and the Dictionary is being changed now!!

Very good insight all the way back in August. Both teams grew and Honaker made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs and Clintwood, well as Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know the rest of the story!"