Tazewell Youth League

fishfan

Im hearing Tommy Keen is not letting the youth league use the football field this year. Am i hearing right? Man must have some pull to shut the youth out of the use of the football field. Correct me if Im wrong.

wow that does not sound like him he was always in fo the little kids because he knows that is what become your high school players down the road. i hope that is not true if so does anyone kknow where they will play. but they might have some problems so there could be a good reson if they are not ledtting them use it.

That's what I heard as well yesterday, looks like my son will be traveling to all his games! And if this happens, there will be some hell raising!

Edited by Bulldogs52

It's a bunch of BS! I pay my damn county taxes so that field is mine along with everyone else that pays taxes.... My son says I wanna play on the field that the Bulldogs do, he will be really disappointed when he finds out he won't be!

If you make it hard on your youth league, and some kids I would assume may not even play that would have, that can only hurt you even at the high school level imho. When your having to teach middle school and high school kids things they should already know then it's taking away time you could be teaching them things that the other high school teams are working on.

Edited by Ditto

They did this at Richlands in the early 90's too. I remember playing games behind the elementary school and over on the college's field. Pretty sure it didn't set well with the parents and it only lasted a year or 2 tops.