Grayson County

newuser

Heard Grayson County was really good this year. I heard they thumped East Montgomery and Floyd County really bad in scrimmages. Fill us in on these guys somebody. How good are they? Who are their best players? What kind of offense do they run? By the sounds of it they will challenge anybody in D2 this year.

Heard Grayson County was really good this year. I heard they thumped East Montgomery and Floyd County really bad in scrimmages. Fill us in on these guys somebody. How good are they? Who are their best players? What kind of offense do they run? By the sounds of it they will challenge anybody in D2 this year.

They are much improved over the past several years. The East Mont scrimmage may not be a good measuring stick as they have lost everything from last season. I was told by a GC parent that the EM score was 66-0 or 11 scores to 0. The Floyd "benefit game" will be a better idea of talent. The final was 64-40 GC. Not a lot of defense in that one. As for the rest. They have the Rodgers brothers who are both tremendous athletes. Max is a 6'-3" sophomore QB who started on the varsity baseball team last year as a freshman and would have played a lot of minutes on the varsity basketball team last year if it were not for an injury that kept him out all season. Mickey is a junior and is as good a receiver as Eric Harvey was. GC has a lot of size and team speed, they should be very good this year.

A long way from the 0-17 skid they had a couple of years ago. They're starting 22 different kids, which may not last if the D doesn't come through but will help even if they have 3-4 going 2 ways. Very good O-line, 1,000 yard rusher in Rodriguez, tuff FB in Anderson. Max will do fine at qb, regardless of experience, and Mikey could be better than Harvey, even if he doesn't have the numbers. Great hands, can catch it over the middle and isn't afraid to get hit.

Big part of the Floyd score was Dorian Harris kid as much as the Grayson D. much better job in the second half.

Well it looks like Grayson County is the real deal. I don't know anything about Allegany but Grayson County thumped them. Doesn't seem like they've had any competition. What type of offense do they run? does any body know?

Well it looks like Grayson County is the real deal. I don't know anything about Allegany but Grayson County thumped them. Doesn't seem like they've had any competition. What type of offense do they run? does any body know?

Folks will get a true test of how good Grayson is in 2 weeks when Clintwood visits

Chilhowie will give Grayson their 1st true test of the season.

Maybe a close game, with Brett Johnson and Aaron Conley's

speed. Grayson thumped Chilhowie last year. May be closer this year...

Grayson while I think is solid is not in the top 10 in D2 West.....I look for Chilhowie to either beat them in an offensive i.e. @ 35-28. Pretty good O but very susspect D

I agree with GMan, Grayson wins easily. As for newuser, Grayson has never ran any form of a spread offense. They give several different looks from the traditional I to the Wing-T but they have there own variations to it. I can't really pigeon hole it into one specific style of offense.