Haysi/Castlewood

redtiger

First off let me say that Castlewood played a great game, they have some very good football players w/ some big play ability and it showed tonight.

The score, 42-14 Devils

The QB for Castlewood is a good one, accurate, big arm and most of all sees the field very well(his best quality imo). #15 is a fine player; tall w/ good range and hands(offense and defense). Edmonds played wingback for castlewood; ran the ball well and caught it well(very good body control). Castlewood ran a shotgun jet swep offense, similar to JI Burton but much better imo(more dynamic and varied), also threw in some option.

Haysi was behind the 8 ball from the begining, starting QB injured his shoulder last week. He played D and was able to run the ball but couldnt throw so he split time at Tailback. In his place we started a freshman(jalen Sykes), kid played well but wasnt ready and it showed. Haysi was able to drive the field on at least 3 occasions but just werent able to put it in the endzone. Offense looked good, very balanced but lacking big play ability. Oline played well(finally we have some real linemen, not converted TEs and FBs) but did have a few miscues. Haysi ran alot of stuff(maybe more than normal), some of it worked and some of it didnt but that will get straightned out as the season goes along.

IMO the Tigers played better in this game than they did in any last season(more heart, passion, excitement and teamwork). Another thing I was glad to see was the # of kids who were in the game, almost everyone played a role and was used at some point.

imo the score was closer than it looks(Castlewood was still the better team) and Castlewood got all they wanted from Haysi. I think things may go better than most thought for Haysi this season

First off let me say that Castlewood played a great game, they have some very good football players w/ some big play ability and it showed tonight.

The score, 42-14 Devils

The QB for Castlewood is a good one, accurate, big arm and most of all sees the field very well(his best quality imo). #15 is a fine player; tall w/ good range and hands(offense and defense). Edmonds played wingback for castlewood; ran the ball well and caught it well(very good body control). Castlewood ran a shotgun jet swep offense, similar to JI Burton but much better imo(more dynamic and varied), also threw in some option.

Haysi was behind the 8 ball from the begining, starting QB injured his shoulder last week. He played D and was able to run the ball but couldnt throw so he split time at Tailback. In his place we started a freshman(jalen Sykes), kid played well but wasnt ready and it showed. Haysi was able to drive the field on at least 3 occasions but just werent able to put it in the endzone. Offense looked good, very balanced but lacking big play ability. Oline played well(finally we have some real linemen, not converted TEs and FBs) but did have a few miscues. Haysi ran alot of stuff(maybe more than normal), some of it worked and some of it didnt but that will get straightned out as the season goes along.

IMO the Tigers played better in this game than they did in any last season(more heart, passion, excitement and teamwork). Another thing I was glad to see was the # of kids who were in the game, almost everyone played a role and was used at some point.

imo the score was closer than it looks(Castlewood was still the better team) and Castlewood got all they wanted from Haysi. I think things may go better than most thought for Haysi this season

How will Haysi and Clintwood match-up?

How will Haysi and Clintwood match-up?

Haysi will need to stack the box and force Cwood to pass.....On offence IMHO Haysi needs to dig into Collyball playbook with crazy formations and such as Cwood seems (at this point at least) to be a little slow to adjust to non standard formations......That being said Cwood is NOT that far off talent wise from last years team and I expect the score to play out that way

Haysi will mix it up as always. Although they did look better last night in more traditional formations. Youre right tho, talent wise Clintwood is just a little behind but from what I saw against Honaker they dont have it completly together yet, when they do watch out!

By close I mean Haysi might score a couple of times(a huge improvement over the last couple of year). Haysi will play tough and wont quit