Richlands GW FG Video

Ryan4VT

The Atmosphere was unreal in Big Stone. We needed a game like that, its something we didnt have last season. And give Union alot of credit, they played well enough to win this game, We were very fortunate to leave with a win!!

The Atmosphere was unreal in Big Stone. We needed a game like that, its something we didnt have last season. And give Union alot of credit, they played well enough to win this game, We were very fortunate to leave with a win!!

I was very impressed with Union ! They will win a lot of games and the atmosphere was fantastic !

Thanks for the upload of the video Ryan4VT.

I did not think the Richlands and Union game would be much of a contest. I'm glad to admit that I was very wrong. It was an amazing highschool football game. Very much a college type atmoshpere - with big vocal crowds on both sides, pep band playing, and the game decided by a field goal in the closing moments of the game.

For two weeks in a row, Union Bear fans have been treated to an absolute blast by their new football team and band. Last week they won in a nail bitter 29 to 24 and this week they lost a heart breaker 24 to 22. In both games the lead changed hands several times & from kickoff to final horn the two games were exciting.

In addition, last nights game was played with a since of great respect between the teams. Richlands has wonderful fans and a great coach - and there were many sincere hugs between the opposing players after the game.

I'm still shocked that the Blues ddn't win a state title last year but I do think games like the one with Union will better help Richlands prepare for the post season.

By far an amazing ball game! I loved every second of it. Richlands is tough as always but I think tonight opened eyes to folks that Union isnt no joke at all. They have heart and they have soul. Great game and good job on pulling out a close one Richlands. I wash yall the best of luck the rest of the year.

I have to agree with you UNIONFAN, I believe that Union will win a lot of games and should do some damage in the playoffs. Just a hunch but they do have a well balanced attack on offense and can play defense against both the run and pass. I was supprised that you could hold you're own on the line of scrimage with our huge size advantage. We need to limit turnovers and we should be pretty good this year as well. Not the best from Reese on his decisions at QB but he made big plays when he needed to, especially the kick at the end. Reese is a great player and will just get better this year with more snaps as the starter. You guys have a first class school and the way you honor other players as you did Brannon Breeding for his accomplishments against you in the early 90's is just classy. True football heritage to be proud of. That was a great game to watch. I love friday night football. FANTASTIC

Edited by Gizmo777

After seeing this football game live the sweet sixteen poll should definitely have Union right behind Richlands. I haven't seen Christiansburg play, but if they remain #1 and Richlands is #2 then Union should definitely be #3. Yes, they have a loss but this one loss team should be at #3.

After seeing this football game live the sweet sixteen poll should definitely have Union right behind Richlands. I haven't seen Christiansburg play, but if they remain #1 and Richlands is #2 then Union should definitely be #3. Yes, they have a loss but this one loss team should be at #3.

I don't know about what they should be rated or shouldn't be, but I do know a good football team when i see one, and Union is a good football team !!

If they play like they did last night they will win a lot of games this year.

They play good D and their O-line does a very good job of blocking and their QB can throw the ball when he needs too !

Great fan support also !

Just sooooooo glad that the blues got out of Bullitt Park with the W. Good job blues of pulling out that W. Will help them later on when they are in other tight games.

The Reese Kid one heck of an athelete and has a wonderful supporting cast around him. Number 8 is one shifty player and 5 as well. Richlands deserves to be ranked high and as far as D2 single A Union will make some noise this season. Thank yall for being good folks and not smack talking Union. I got a good feeling that the Blues will be repersenting SWVA in yet another state game and if the U can keep it they just might be too. Good luck to the Blues on the rest of the season and i hope how soon Johnson gets to 100%

I watched Union play at the Virginia High Jamboree and thought they looked pretty decent in their overall play, BUT last night they were a great looking ball team.

I think they had some jitters on the first drive and then on Richlands first series allowing them to score in 2 plays. After that they settled down and played ball.

Appy and PV combining is certainly making a dominant team in their Division. Never seeing Appalachia play before, but PV several times, this merger has surely elevated their "talent pool" to a new level.

I could tell the communities of the schools have really come together, when in unison you could hear them cheering loudly, UNION, UNION!!!

Playing Union last night certainly made Richlands a better team.

Hats off to the Union Bears and of course our Blues for an exciting game, you sure made this fan's heart beat faster.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Great game. Union will be a force this season and many to come. I do think we shot ourselves in the foot though. Its hard to win with 4 turnovers. And i think the interception in the end zone completely changed the complection of the entire game

Hats off to union they played a good game friday night, and have a very good team. With that being said Richlands played very sloppy and have alot to work on this week and moving forward. The turnovers were killer, and getting the ball inside the 20 two or three times and coming away with nothing makes it even harder to win playing a team as good as union. I think the blues will get everything worked out and this game showed them just what they need to work on.