Lil'Leonards_Losers

Leonards_Losers

Boy's sorry I'm late.....

John I Burton vs. Lee High

The excitement has building from Keokee to Jonesville after the start the Generals have gotten off to this season. The BenHur Bashers came close to upending the debut of the Union VikDogs and demanded unconditional surrender from in-county rival Thomas Walker. The city slickers from Norton have racked up more victories than the boys shooting pool down at Brownie’s Cafe this season with wins over the Canaries of Rye Cove and the Creeper Trail Gang. This will be a big test for the BenHur Bashers as perennial LPD contender JI Burton rolls into Five Star Stadium this week. In years past this might not have been much of a contest, but according to Percy’s Uncle Frank from down in Dryden the Lee County Faithful have been buying powder for the touchdown cannon as they’re looking for a W this week. The city slickers won’t know what hit ‘em as the Generals ride to victory

Lil Leonard’s Loser ---J I Burton

Hurley vs. Grundy

Big off season changes have breathed new life into this old Buchanan County Rival. In years past , these teams have been playing for pride, but with Grundy’s move to the Coal Bucket District this match up will have some district implications. The Slate Creek Crawdads under the command of new Admiral Ward opened the season with hard fought victory of over the Mavisdale Maul-Cats, but came up a little short last week against Lebanon. The Hurley Rebels claimed an early victory in The Battle of the Rebels and pounded the boys from Open last week. The big talk in the Buc is that this is the Rebel’s best chance for victory since the Big Rebel himself was packing the tater at the Cliff in the mid 90s. Be sure to get there early folks as seating at Nelson Memorial Pond might be hard to get as this is expected to be the largest gathering of people in Buchanan County until the new Wal-Mart in Grundy opens this month.

Lil Lenard’s Loser--- This is the first time I can’t bring myself to pick as loser folk. Percy has been begging me all week not to take sides in this family feud. He is just torn. However, I’m expecting the big winner this week to be Former Coach Rowe down at the concession stand. The word is he has been buying up ever hot dog wiener he can get his hands on in preparation for this one.

Radford @ George Wythe

For you Ol' Timers, this contest between 2 former members of the OLD AA NEW RIVER DISTRICT should bring some memories of the "GOOD OLDE DAYS". Both teams are off to good starts this season. The RAD RIVERCATS came out on top in their "cat fight" with the PUL-CATS of Dublin (another two former New River Dist. teams, Dublin & Pulaski), while the GW MAROON MACAROONS have rolled over their foes like Hurricane Betsy. Percy and his gang are calling this the game of the week and talked Aunt Betty Lou into frying up a slew of chickin' gizzards & hush puppies for this road trip. Percy says "don't miss this one".

Lil' Leonard's Loser

Radford

Lebanon @ Union

Colonel Adams and his Longrifles are steeping high this week after maulin' the Boys from Slate Crick this past Friday. Matter of fact, Colonel Adams has decided to take his Longrifles on a BEAR Hunt this weekend. But the BEARS they plan on going to hunt are in a FOUL MOOD after their close loss to the BIG BLUE WIND MACHINE. Granpa Clovis has always said, " it's best not to TEASE a PEED OFF bear." Colonel Adams will find out right quick that he didn't bring enough guns to hunt this MAULIN' BEARS.

Lil' Leonard's Loser

Lebanon

Graham @ Richlands

For the first time since 1955 this game will have no bearing on any district standings. This is about as ODD to Com-Pre-Hend as Grandpa Cletus and Uncle Felix drinkin' nothing but water on a Saturday Night.

Lil' Leonard's Loser

Graham