Cuse and Pitt to ACC?

Ryan4VT

Guest StoneyCalhoun
So if the big east/big 12 lose most of their teams, that only leaves the ACC, Big 10, Pac12, & SEC as the leagues that deserve automatic BCS bids, imo.

Will these "super conferences" kind of push the BCS into a playoff system?

I think this is the best scenario.

4 super conferences.

Each with a conference championship game, the winner moves on to the BCS bowls - Rose and Orange for example - (They can change).

This creates in essence a 8 team playoff. Keeps the every game matters, and makes sure the best teams beat a good team to get in to the last 4.

Semi finals/Bowl games are played on Jan 1. Championship on Jan 8-14.

IF there is a non superconference team in the top 4 in the BCS, they will play the lowest ranked BCS team in a play in game to play #1. This will occur ONE week after the conference championships.

So at most, kids are playing 15 games, one more than usual.

Bowls are still in tact, top teams in BCS that do not make playoffs will be in the top BCS bowls.

I am not an advocate of a playoff, AT ALL. But this sounds good to me. It is up for discussion, lets hear what you have to say. And please excuse me for being short and not expanding on ideas, I have some turkey legs on the grill that need to be attended to along with an Sam Adams Octoberfest.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the best scenario.

4 super conferences.

Each with a conference championship game, the winner moves on to the BCS bowls - Rose and Orange for example - (They can change).

This creates in essence a 8 team playoff. Keeps the every game matters, and makes sure the best teams beat a good team to get in to the last 4.

Semi finals/Bowl games are played on Jan 1. Championship on Jan 8-14.

IF there is a non superconference team in the top 4 in the BCS, they will play the lowest ranked BCS team in a play in game to play #1. This will occur ONE week after the conference championships.

So at most, kids are playing 15 games, one more than usual.

Bowls are still in tact, top teams in BCS that do not make playoffs will be in the top BCS bowls.

I am not an advocate of a playoff, AT ALL. But this sounds good to me. It is up for discussion, lets hear what you have to say. And please excuse me for being short and not expanding on ideas, I have some turkey legs on the grill that need to be attended to along with an Sam Adams Octoberfest.

That's a GREAT idea...

There's articles like ^ saying they were rejected, and articles stating that a WV official said the report is an "outright lie". I wouldn't believe anything you hear or read yet.

Well, WVU's officials showed up at the Big East emergency meeting yesterday...do you really think they would have been there if they knew they had an out???