Thomas Jones Vs. Boo Sensabaugh

NewHampshireRed

Not sure how many of you have seen this, or remember this game. Jones rushed for a state record 465 yards and Sensabaugh finished with over 300 yards. The ironic part of this, Burton had a team that very well could have brought home a title, but was doomed by the Appalachia and PV jaugernaught of the 90's. Thomas as everyone knows, went on to virginia and a nice Nfl career. Boo, went to west virginia as a defensive back and had a nice little career up there as well.

Edited by mapper

This game should go down in vhsl history. My brother was a senior for PV that season and i remember watching some great games then, but to have boo and thomas both on the same field rushing the way both of em did is just historical. Not sure but i would bout bet that this game had more rushing yards combined for both teams than any other that has been played in va. that was a wonderful game and like mentioned JIB could have won state had it not been for them BULLDOGS.

I almost forgot how good Thomas really was. Still the best high school running back I have ever seen.

no doubt. That young man was so gifted as a kid. I feel blessed to have known him and watched him play from pee wee on up.

Both Jones's were among the best I have seen! Both had the combinations of speed, elusiveness, and power !

But there was one other that I would put up there with them.......and that would be Ahmad Bradshaw! He could take over a game at Rb or with a kick return or even on D! One of the biggest hitters I have seen in high school around here.

He also had the combinations of speed, power, & elusiveness. We've been blessed to have seen some great players over the years here in SWVA!

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Both Jones's were among the best I have seen! Both had the combinations of speed, elusiveness, and power !

But there was one other that I would put up there with them.......and that would be Ahmad Bradshaw! He could take over a game at Rb or with a kick return or even on D! One of the biggest hitters I have seen in high school around here.

He also had the combinations of speed, power, & elusiveness. We've been blessed to have seen some great players over the years here in SWVA!

I never had the opportunity to see him play in highschool but to be where he is today id say you are exactly right about Bradshaw. I would have loved to have had a chance to see him play highschool ball

Yes. Both played safety I believe. I know for usre Julius did. They had good people in front of them, but next to nothing got by Julius without getting whacked. I think they may have only given up 100 yards to a team once in 98 or some crazy stat like 6 points in the regular season.

Thomas didnt play every down on defense in 94 due to the fact that the defense was full of solid players and PV had no need to play Thomas on defense with the exception of two or three games that season. 95 idk if Thomas started on D but he played some, but most of the defensive backs from 94 were still there. Kevin Reed, Jason McCoy, Brandon Chandler, Tod Zirkle, just to name a few of the Dbacks outside linebackers that played in 94 and 95 (except chandler he was a senior in 94) so thomas wasnt used till needed then.